- 你喜欢看书吗 - 噢 是 多学点施肥的本事
- Enjoying your reading? - Oh, yeah.
Learning a lot about manure.
挺有意思的
Very interesting.
怎么了
What's that?
Your clothes are stained with blood.
你衣服上沾了血 我要洗一洗 你可以穿这些
I have them soaking. You can wear these.
- 是你丈夫的 - 是的
- They your husband's? - Yes.
幸好还能派上用场
It's good that someone can have the use of them.
Besides, in your clothes, you'd stand out to strangers.
况且穿上这衣服 你就不容易引起别人注意了
噢 我还应该告诉你 这种衣服没有扣子
I should tell you that this kind of coat doesn't have buttons.
- 看 只有钩子和环 - 为什么不钉扣子
See?
- Hooks and eyes. - Something wrong with buttons?
因为扣子张扬 显得骄傲 不那么朴素
Buttons are hochmut.
Proud, vain, it's not plain.
拉锁也不能接收吗
Got anything against zippers?
- 你在嘲笑我 - 没有
You making fun of me?
No.
象个旅游者整天盯着我们
Like the tourists.
Staring all the time.
有时他们会到院子来 这很粗鲁
Sometimes they come into the yard. It's very rude.
他们似乎认为我们很奇怪
- They seem to think we're quaint. - Can't imagine why they'd think that.
不知道他们是怎么想的
告诉我这附近有没有电♥话♥
Look, is there a phone somewhere near?
The Gunter's across the valley.
穿过山谷甘瑟家有 他们是门诺派教♥徒♥
They're Mennonites. They have cars and refrigerators.
他们家有汽车和电冰箱
No, I mean a pay phone, a public phone.
噢 不 不 我是说付费的公用电♥话♥
在斯特劳斯伯格的商店里有 但是你到那儿路可不近哪
The store at Strasburg...
but you won't be going to Strasburg for a while.
我想今天早上去
I'm going this morning.
- But Stoltzfus said that you can't... - Yeah, I know what he said.
- 但是茨托弗斯说你 - 我知道他说的
你可以跟伊利一起去 他要送塞缪尔去学校
You can go with Eli.
He's taking Samuel to school.
- 现在你最好快些 - 瑞秋
- But you'd better hurry. - Rachel...
没事
Nothing.
怎么
What?
快点 约翰·布克
Hurry up, John Book.
你最好快点
You'd better get going.
约翰·布克 快点
Hurry up, John Book.
我的枪 我要带上我的枪
My gun.
I need my gun.
谢谢
Thanks.
The bullets?
子弹呢 没有它们可不行
It's not much good without them.
当然了
Of course.
谢谢
Thank you.
我怎么样 我看上去像阿米什人吗
How do I look? I mean, do I look Amish?
- 看上去很平常 - 那好
You look plain.
Okay.
他是个外地人
He's an Englishman.
- 我是卡特 - 是我 伙计
- Carter here. - Hey, partner, how you doing?
- You okay? - Yeah.
- 你好吗 - 还好
You?
你呢
Listen, man, I'm coming in to take care of business. How hot am I?
我来打听我生意的情况 交易如何
很危险了 别出手 也不要来 他们正在找你呢
Too hot.
Don't do it. Don't come in.
- They're looking for you. - And the kid.
还有那孩子 那是我要争取主动的原因
- Man, I got to make a move. - Listen, John, don't do it.
听着约翰 别轻举妄动 别在沙弗的管辖区内轻举妄动
You couldn't get within a mile of Schaeffer right now.
- 你听着吗 - 我听着呢
You hear me?
- Yeah. - What are we going to do?
我们怎样办 找FBI
FBI? What?
也许吧
Maybe.
好 那么找记者怎么样 他们会刨根问底
Well, what about one of those reporters?
Those investigative reporters?
噢 这很危险 他们要跟那孩子谈话
No, it's too risky. They'd want to talk to the kid.
听着 我会打几个电♥话♥ 让你知道什么时候你能过来
Listen, I'll make a couple of calls.
Let you know when maybe you can come in.
- 我要走了 你保重 伙计 - 好 你也是
- I got to go, take care of yourself. - Yeah. You, too.
给
Here.
别把它放在桃罐里
Don't put them in the peaches.
看这小河 看 水流动使涡轮旋转起来 就象这样
See this stream?
It goes to the wheel and it makes the wheel turn around.
它旋转的时候 能够把水给冲上来
And then it goes, it makes...
就在那边 看 通过这里流到井里
this wire pump the pump...
over there, into the well...
然后井水再接到房♥子里面 我说的你懂了吗
and the well's water goes into the house.
是吧
Yeah?
这地方有回音 喂
This place really echoes.
Hello!
- 这是什么 - 上面是玉米
- What's up there? - Corn.
你能帮我抱着小猫吗
Would you like to hold my kitten?
I'll show you how to do a back rub on him.
我教你怎么抓它的后背
你这样抱着它
You hold them like that.
这样把它的头推向后面 然后轻抓它的脖子
You push their head back, and you start rubbing the neck.
布克 你就是布克吗
Is that you, Book?
你在这干嘛
What you doing there?
我只是想把车发动起来 是电池
Just trying to get the car started, the battery.
看起来你伤好了
If you are well enough to do that...
能为我♥干♥活吗
- you can do work for me. - Yeah, what can I do?
没问题 让我♥干♥什么
- 挤奶吧 - 挤奶
- Milking, maybe. - Milking?
奶牛 你知道奶牛
Cows, you know. Cows.
知道 我在图片上见过
Yeah, I've seen pictures.
好的 你明天开始
Good. You start tomorrow.
已经四点半了 到挤奶时间了
It's 4:30, time for milking.
这是挤奶椅 这是挤奶帽 盛牛奶的桶
Milking stool.
Milking hat. There's the milk.
谢谢
要牢牢抓住 从下往上撸 你
Firm grip. Pinch the top off and squeeze.
- 你听见我说了吗 挤 - 我是在挤啊
Didn't you hear me? Squeeze.
I am squeezing.
哼 你以前从没把手放在奶头上吗
You never had you hands on a teat before?
没放过这样大的
Not one this big.
I got it!
噢嗨 我行了 我行了
挤出来了
I think.
布克 来 用力 来啊来啊
- Come on. - Gently, gently.
塞缪尔 我去帮他
Don't frighten her, Book!
是 来吧 来吧
Samuel, help him.
- 不 - 吃吧 布克吃吧 你胃口怎么了
- No, please. - Eat, Book.
What's the matter with your appetite?
我不习惯半夜吃东西
I'm not used to eating in the middle of the night.
也不习惯干着苦活 但干苦活能让你有好胃口
Not used to hard work. That's what makes appetite.
瑞秋
Rachel.
塞缪尔
Samuel.
亲爱的 这咖啡味道好极了
Honey, that's great coffee.
这只是一个玩笑 这是广♥告♥
It's a joke.
It's a commercial on television.
电视上说的
- 布克对吧 - 正是
- Book, is it? - Yeah.
你是那个他们谈论的美♥国♥佬♥
You are the Yankee they talk about.
我想我是外地人
I thought I was the English.
外地人 美国人都一样 我叫丹尼尔
English, Yankee, it is the same.
My name is Daniel. Daniel Hochleitner.
- 丹尼尔·霍赫莱纳 - 你好
How do you do?
你很朴实 布克 非常朴实
You look plain, Book. Very plain.
我来找瑞秋
I came to see Rachel.
伊利说我能用他的工具 把那个鸟笼子修好
Eli said I could use his tools.
I'm trying to fix that birdhouse.
- 喝杯柠檬水吧 - 好啊 太棒了
- I brought you some lemonade. - Oh, great.
谢谢
Thanks.
- 霍赫莱纳有事吗 - 他回家了
- What happened to Hochleitner? - He went home.
他是这家里的一个朋友 就像伊利的儿子
He's a friend of the family. He's like a son to Eli.
- 你会干木工活 - 是啊 会一点
- You know carpentry. - Yeah.
- A bit. - Can you do anything else?
你还能做别的吗
打人 我擅长揍人
Whacking. I'm hell at whacking.
打人在农场不太用得着
Whacking is not much use on a farm.
明天我把这裤子放长一点
Tomorrow I'll let out those trousers for you.
好极了
Good.
我告诉伊利 你是个木匠
I told Eli that you're a carpenter.
把灯拿近点
Hold this up closer, will you?
他说你可以去祖克家建谷仓
He said you could come to Zook's barn raising.
好 要是我到时候还在这儿
Well, if I'm still here.
Weenie roasts. I don't know anything about weenie roasts.
- 这里是44秒金曲节目 - 好了
That's a West Coast thing. Let's have some letters on weenie roasts.
这首百听不厌的精彩节目 这首歌♥能勾起我的很多回忆
Presenting golden oldies.