But I'm working on him.
塞缪尔
Samuel!
爷爷
Opa.
你们坐谁的车回来的
- 我们搭叔叔的车回来的 - 你妈妈呢
我妈妈在车那儿呢
你得休息 我去给你弄点咖啡来
You should rest.
I'll make us some coffee.
不 我不能留在这儿
No, I can't stay.
Will you be coming back to take Samuel to trial?
你会回来带塞缪尔去法♥院♥吗
不会再有什么审讯了
There isn't going to be any trial.
瑞秋 瑞秋 出什么事了 瑞秋 那个人是谁
Rachel?
What happened? Who was that man?
快去看看
快 快去看看 出了什么事
妈妈
Mama.
妈妈 他流血了
妈妈 他流血了
John?
伊利 快点 马车
My God, why didn't you get to a hospital?
- 你为什么不去医院 - 我不能找医生
No doctor.
一看到是枪伤 医生就会报告
Gunshot wound, they have to make a report...
接到医院报告 他们就能找到我
and if they make a report, they find me...
找到我就能找到这孩子
and if they find me, they find the boy.
- 那外地人死了 - 没有
- Is the English dead? - No.
我看着像
Looks dead.
来
妈妈 他还在流血
来 把他抬出来
小心点
- 抬着脚 - 好
一起用力
Come.
来
一 二 三
他在楼上
He's upstairs.
他身上很烫
I feel burning.
子弹从这儿打进去 从那儿出来
The bullet entered there...
and came out there.
有感染的危险 而且他失血太多了
There's danger of infection.
He's lost a great deal of blood. I'm not a doctor.
我不是医生 应该把他送到医院去
This man should be treated in a hospital.
- There's nothing I can do for him. - No.
- 我无法为他治疗 - 不 他必须待在这儿
No. He must stay here.
要是他死了怎么办 那个时候郡治安官就会到这儿来
What if he dies?
Then the Sheriff will come here. They'll say we broke their laws.
他们会说我们违法
所以必须祈祷他不要死
But then we must pray that he doesn't die...
只要他活着 我们就要想办法保密
but if he does, then we must find a way, so no one knows.
要知道 瑞秋 我们手里可攥着这个人的命啊
But, Rachel, this is a man's life. We hold it in our hands.
我知道 上帝会帮助我的 我相信
I know that.
God help me, I know that, Eli. But I'll tell you if he's found...
但是如果他被发现的话
the people who did this to him will come get Samuel.
那么 那些人也不会放过塞缪尔的 知道吗
那么就用膏药 三倍的牛奶和二倍的亚麻籽油来防止感染
Then make a poultice.
Three parts milk, two parts linseed oil, for the infection.
我会叫玛莉送一些 我亲手酿的茶来
I will send Mary by with some teas I will brew myself.
谢谢你
Thank you.
拉普 这事我得跟其他的长老们商量
Lapp, I'll have to speak with the elders on this matter.
嗯 你看着办吧
As you see fit.
混♥蛋♥ 住手
You shouldn't.
Don't do it.
住手 我会杀了你
I'll fucking kill you.
You asshole.
你这个 你这个混♥蛋♥
He's the one...
住手
约翰
John?
约翰
这么说 我们就没有办法找到那个女人的下落了
Are you trying to tell me that there's no way we can locate this woman?
我们可是二十世纪的警♥察♥啊
We're talking about 20th century law enforcement, Sergeant.
你错了 阿米什长老不生活在二十世纪
Well, there's your problem, Chief. Your Amish man doesn't live...
也不用二十世纪的方式考虑问题
in the 20th century, doesn't think in the 20th century.
如果你的说那个人真在那儿
Chief, if the Amish have taken your man in...
也不能用绳子把他们吊起来 等你们来
I wouldn't want to hang from a rope until you find him.
现在的问题是大约三个阿米什教♥徒♥里 就有一个姓普拉的
The problem is, about every third Amish man around here is named Lapp.
我们这里差不多有一万四千名阿米什教♥徒♥
And we've got upwards of 14,000 Amish men around here.
这还是姓莱开答的姓
- That's just Lancaster County. Over in... - Very interesting, Sergeant...
是的 十分有趣 警官 可是这件事事关重大
but this is a very important matter.
他涉嫌谋杀我们的一位警官
It involves the murder of a police officer.
现在 有线索说他可能藏在这些人居住的地方
Now, there must be a directory of some sort of these people somewhere.
要知道 你看税收 选民登记 还有
Sure. Tax rolls, voter registration, but tell you right now...
噢 我先说明 我没有权力派一个副手
I don't have the manpower to send a deputy to every Lapp farm...
到本郡每个拉普家找你们需要的那个瑞秋
in Lancaster County to see if they've got your Rachel.
也许警官 你先打个电♥话♥
Maybe, Sergeant, you could do a little telephoning?
是啊 听起来很容易
Yeah, maybe I could.
但是阿米什家里没电♥话♥ 所以我不知道该打给谁
But since the Amish don't have any telephones, I wouldn't know who to call.
谢谢你警官 你给我上了一课
Thank you, Sergeant. It's been an education.
他现在情况怎么样
他用了药以后好多了 你看 他醒过来了
- 他们是谁 - 我们部落的长老
Who are they?
The leadership of our district.
他们执意要亲自来看看你
They decided to come see you for themselves.
除了茨托弗斯之外 他第一天来过 我想是他救了你的命
Except Stoltzfus.
He came the first day.
- I think he saved your life. - No, that was not I.
不 那不是我
- 还有谁知道我在这儿 - 没有别人了
- Who else knows I'm here? - No one.
- 我在这待几天了 - 两天
How long have I been here?
Two days.
要多休息 布克先生 这最起码的
Rest, Mr Book, that's the ticket.
还有喝我的茶 多喝就好得快
And drink my tea, lots of my tea.
走吧
告诉他 这茶有股怪味
Tell him his tea stinks.
等你好了自己告诉他
You can tell him when you're able.
你能活下来 我们都非常高兴
We're all very happy that you're going to live, John Book.
要是你死了 我们都不知道该把你怎么办
We didn't know what we were going to do with you if you died.
- 他不可能在这儿久待的 - 是啊 是啊
要知道我们也不方便问他的来历
It's not our place to ask how he came to us.
- 好一点他就会尽快离开的 - 对 是 是
He'll leave as soon as he's able.
- 让他伤好了尽快让他去 - 好的 好的
- 路滑注意脚底下 - 好 小心点
- 好 好了 再见 - 再见
- 再见 - 再见
别动
Don't move!
你在干嘛
What are you doing?
到这儿来 到这儿来塞缪尔 坐下
Come here.
Come here, Samuel. Sit down.
这是一把上膛的枪 它非常非常危险
This is a loaded gun. This is very dangerous.
绝对不能碰上膛的枪
Never, ever...
touch a loaded gun.
Now I'm taking the bullets out, now it's safe. Okay?
现在我把子弹取出来了 这就安全了 知道吗
- 谢谢布克先生 - 听着 叫我约翰
Okay, Mr Book.
Look, call me John.
我不想吓着你 你只是不想让你受伤
I just don't want you to get hurt.
I don't mean to yell at you. I just don't want you to get hurt.
现在子弹全卸下来了 也安全了 拿着玩吧
Look, it's all right for you to look at it now, it's unloaded. It's safe.
You want to handle it, you can handle it while I'm here...
我在这儿这段时间 你可以拿着它 但这样做不太好
but that, that's not right.
塞缪尔 你到楼下去等我
Samuel, wait for me downstairs.
约翰·布克 只要你待在这所房♥子里 就得遵守我们的规矩
John Book, while you're in this house, I insist that you respect our ways.
对啊 这个你拿走 把它藏在安全的地方 让他找不到
Right.
Here, take it.
Put it somewhere where it's safe. Where he won't find it.
这枪的作用 可是要结束人的性命
This gun of the hand is for the taking of human life.
而我们认为杀人是不对的
We believe it is wrong to take life.
只有上帝才有权这样做
That is only for God.
有多少次战争暴发 人们都会告诉我们
Many times the wars have come...
and people have said to us...
你必须参战 你必须杀人
you must fight, you must kill.
这是自我保护的唯一方式
It is the only way to preserve the good.
但是塞缪尔
But, Samuel...
绝非仅有一种方式 你要记住它
there is never only one way. Remember that.
你会去杀人吗
Would you kill another man?
I would only kill a bad man.
我只想杀一个坏人
我相信只是那个坏人
Only the bad man, I see.
由于你亲眼看见了这些坏人
And you know these bad men by sight?
你能看透他们的心和他们的罪恶吗
You are able to look into their hearts and see this badness?
我看见他们在做什么 我确实看见了
I can see what they do.
I have seen it.
你确实看见了 可你就会成为他们中的一个 你明白吗
And having seen, you've become one of them. Don't you understand?
你拿在手里的
What you take into your hands...
就把它装在你的心里
you take into your heart.
因此从他们当中解脱出来 要保持距离
"Wherefore come out from among them...
"and be ye separate...
忠实于上帝
"saith the Lord...
“别去碰那些肮脏的东西”
"and touch not the unclean thing."
- 去做你该做的事吧 - 我知道了
Go and finish your chores now.
Yes, Grandfather.