Put the bed stuff in the back of the truck!
别管了 食物要紧
Leave that, get the food.
蹲下 杜基 蹲下
Whoosh, Dookie, whoosh.
狄吉蒂
Diggity!
罗宾
Robyn!
妈的
Fuck off!
情况可能更糟
Could've been worse...
要是坐小飞机 刚好来台风
we could've been in a small plane flying through a typhoon.
那简直是噩梦
That's something you don't want to experience.
印尼暴♥动♥时 我在西伊里安查亚省
I was in Irian Jaya covering the riots for Time.
大卫·伯内特也在 他73年得了卡帕金奖(战地摄影最高荣誉)
David Burnett was there. He won the Capa Medal in '73.
他是我的好朋友,我们试图把飞机降落在
He's a good friend of mine. We were trying to land the plane
山一侧的狭谷地
on this narrow strip on the side of a mountain
风不停地吹 机翼前后摇摆
and the wind kept blowing the wings back and forth...
我再也忍♥不了了
I just can't stand it anymore.
整件事都是可笑 无意义的闹剧
This whole thing is just some ludicrous, pointless farce.
每天 我装好这些破烂
Every day, I load a pile of junk,
走20英里 再卸下这些破烂
I walk 20 miles, I unload a pile of junk,
你只是傻站着 给我拍照
and you just stand around like some idiot, taking pictures of me.
我受够了
And I can't do it anymore!
没关系
It's OK.
杜基 别理它
Dookie! Leave him alone.
早上好
Good morning. - Morning.
你没必要这样
You don't have to do that.
我想再多待几天
So I think... I was thinking about staying on for a few days.
为什么?
Why?
只为
Just, uh...
那5个星期后再见
So I guess I'll see you in five weeks.
好吧
OK.
过来 狄狄 这边来
Hey, Dig. Come here.
得了 别出去
Come on! Don't get out.
过来 回来
Come on, girl, come back in.
第61天
骆驼呢 狄狄?
Where are they, Dig?
杜基
Dookie!
扎莱卡
Zelly!
巴博
Bub!
杜基
Dookie!
待在这儿 好吗
You stay here, OK?
好狗狗
Good girl.
杜基
Dookie!
再敢这么做
Never do this to me again!
别再乱跑了
Don't you ever leave me!
对不起
Sorry.
狄狄
Hey, Dig. Hey.
你还好吗 - 挺好的 你好吗
How are you? - Good. How are you?
想你了
I missed you.
我猜你就是骆驼小姐
I take it you're the camel lady.
你好 谢谢你的邀请 - 不客气
Hi. Thanks for having us here. - You're welcome.
对不起 你们能再握次手吗
Sorry, can I get you guys to shake hands again?
很好 谢谢
Great, thank you.
你好
Hello there.
那些长者对陌生人有点疏远
The, uh, old fellas can be a bit stand-offish with strangers.
你好啊
让他们熟络起来 要一段时间
Takes a while for them to warm up.
不拍照片行吗
Would you mind not taking pictures?
人总得履行职责
A man has to do his job.
这就是黑人被剥削 冠冕堂皇的理由
That's exactly the reason blacks were dumped in missions...
人总得履行职责
men just doing their job.
上千万读者会看到这些照片
11 million readers will see these photographs.
我这是为大家服务
I like to think that what I'm... doing is a service.
杂♥志♥上的照片?
Couple of pictures in a magazine?
你认为它真会改变什么?
You think that's really going to make a difference?
是的 它会
Yeah, I do.
要不是这杂♥志♥ 你就不会来这儿了
If it wasn't for the magazine, you wouldn't be on this trip.
你没拍吧?
You didn't, did you?
没人看见我
Nobody saw me.
都是些好照片
It was great images.
某种哀祭仪式
Some kind of... grieving ceremony.
那是秘密仪式
That was secret business.
秘密仪式 你懂吗
Get it? Secret.
马来西亚之后 我在塔斯曼尼亚拍照
After Malaysia, I have a shoot in Tasmania.
这是我的联♥系♥号♥码
I'll check in on this number for messages.
好 我6周后应该在沃伯顿
OK, I should make Warburton in about six weeks.
我会去那儿
I'll be there.
能坐这儿吗
Can I sit here?
丈夫不好
Husband no good.
他不是我丈夫
He's not my husband.
有一个社区顾问叫葛兰道 住在皮巴亚特雅拉社区外
There's an adviser named Glendle living outside Pipalyatjara.
到沃伯顿前 他是你能见到的唯一白人了
Now he's the last whitefella you'll see until Warburton.
这是最近的路 对吗
OK. But this is the most direct route, though, right?
是 但这路上尽是圣地
Yeah, but it's dotted with sacred sites.
恐怕妇女禁行
It's forbidden to women, I'm afraid.
得找个长者带你过去
You'd need an old fella to guide you through.
但另一条路偏离我的路线160英里
But the other way is 160 miles out of my way.
如果你愿意 我打听打听
If you like, I can ask round,
看谁愿意和你一起去
see if there's an Elder who would travel with you.
有人看见你男友
Seems your boyfriend
拍了"秘密仪式"的照片
was seen taking photos of secret business.
他不是我的男朋友
He's not my boyfriend.
对不起 我帮不了你
Sorry. Can't help you.
他们的回答是不行
Their answer is no.
告诉他们 我很抱歉
Just tell them I'm sorry.
看来我们抄不了近路了 巴博
Looks like we're taking the long way, Bub.
要是你独身一人
If you're out there on your own
野生公骆驼靠近你 开枪打它
and a wild bull's coming at ya, you shoot it.
不要犹豫 只管开枪 明白吗
Don't think. You shoot. You understand?
你去哪
Where you go?
向西到大海
West to the ocean.
大湖?
Uru Pulka? Big lake?
对 大海
Yeah, Uru Pulka.
太远了 对你来说太远了
Too long way. Too long way for you.
你到皮巴亚特雅拉去吗
You go Pipalyatjara?
是的 - 哪条路?
Yeah. - Which way?
沿着这条
Along the road.
太远了 太多分叉道
Too far. Too many sleeps that way.
那边是圣地
Miil-miil. Sacred country.
需要个长者
Need old fella.
第84天
葛兰道?
Glendle?
葛兰道
Glendle
我知道他帮我解决了钱
I know he helped me get the money,
但他不明白他才是问题所在
but he doesn't understand that he's part of the problem.
他是个好人 但我在途中不需要他 不需要他的相机
He's a nice person, but I don't want him and his cameras
无可救药的浪漫主义 你明白吗
and his hopeless romantic notions along with my trip, you know?
我知道该怎么对付蠢货
I can deal with pigs really easily,
但好人总让我无从应对
but nice people confound me.
你总不能告诉一个好人
You know, how can you tell a nice person
我想让你滚 去死吧
that you just wish they'd crawl into a hole and die?
抱歉
Sorry.
我已经很长时间无人倾诉了
It's been a while since I've had anybody to talk to.
你有埃迪呢
You had Eddy.
他是族里最受尊敬的长老
He's one of the most respected Elders in the community.
是啊 真希望能与他沟通
Yeah. I wish I could.
语言没那么重要
Ah... Words are overrated.
很高兴你能来这儿
Hey, it's been real nice having you around.
希望你能多待段时间
Hope you can stick around for a bit.
谢谢
Thanks.
你想和我一起去沃伯顿吗 埃迪?
Will you walk to Warburton with me, Eddy?
沃伯顿 你和我一起去吗
To Warburton? Will you walk with me?
很远 沃伯顿
Long way, Warburton.
有点远
Little bit long way.