牧游者或四海为家 或无处为家 而我属于后者- 罗宾·戴维森
终点站到了 艾丽斯泉
Alice Springs, last stop.
艾丽斯泉 澳大利亚中部 1975年
尊敬的先生 我计划徒步穿越澳大利亚沙漠
'Dear Sir, I am planning to walk across the Australian desert,
从艾丽斯泉出发 到达印度洋 步行两千英里
from Alice Springs to the Indian Ocean... a distance of 2,000 miles.'
这次旅行需要6到7个月的时间
'The trip will take six-to-seven months.'
白♥痴♥
Dickheads.
一年多前我来到艾丽斯泉
'I arrived in Alice Springs over a year ago.
大批的野生骆驼群 在澳大利亚中部地区自♥由♥漫行
There are herds of feral camels roaming freely throughout Central Australia
我想抓几头骆驼 训练它们帮我驼行李
and my idea was to capture a few and train them to carry my gear.'
狄吉蒂 别动
Diggity, stay.
这趟旅行并不是冒险
'The trip wasn't conceived as an adventure,
也不是为了去证明或征服什么
in the sense of something to be proved or conquered.
人们问我为什么这么做 我通常回答"为什么不呢"
And when people ask me why I'm doing it, my usual answer is "why not?".'
请问 你这儿招工吗
I was wondering if you had any work.
你想找什么工作? -打杂之类的都可以
What kind of work? - Behind the bar, anything.
去问老板娘 她在后面
Ask the missus. She's out the back.
有地方住吗
Got a place to stay?
我准备找个地方露营
I was planning on camping somewhere.
有帐篷吗
Got a tent?
没有
No.
每班提供一顿饭
One meal per shift is provided,
房♥租从头周的工钱里扣 厕所在走廊那头
rent's deducted from first week's pay, the loo's down the hall.
太好了 谢谢
Great. Thanks.
我有一只狗
I have a dog.
沙漠的纯净 空气中弥漫的热气
'I'd always been drawn to the purity of the desert,
还有那空旷的视野 深深吸引着我
its hot wind and wide, open spaces.'
一个人?
Alone?
是啊 我要训些骆驼驮行李
Yeah, well, I'll need to train some camels to carry my gear
当然 还有狄吉蒂
and... then there's Diggity, of course.
你随便 随便吧
You go right ahead, love. Go right ahead.
总之 我厌倦了城市的生活
'But mainly I was bored of life in the city,
那些重复的工作研究 让我或勉为其难
with its repetitions, my half-finished, half-hearted attempts at jobs
或敷衍了事
and various studies.'
我也厌倦了沉醉在
'And I was sick of carrying around
消极的自我否定中
the self-indulgent negativity that was so much the malaise
那些时代 性别 阶级带来的不安(当时澳洲仍有性别歧视和种族冲突)
of my generation, my sex and my class.'
出去
Come on!
决定采取行动 本身就是旅途的开始
'The decision to act was in itself the beginning of the journey.
《波塞尔 - 骆驼农场》艾丽斯泉最佳体验
我想 如果你在某地困久了
I believe when you've been stuck too long in one spot,
那么 就地扔颗手雷 奋力跃起
it's best to throw a grenade where you're standing, and jump...
然后祈祷
and pray.'
波塞尔骆驼农场
我们今天不营业
Hey. We are closed today.
你的计划太荒谬了
Your plan is ridiculous.
我父亲1935年穿越过卡拉哈里沙漠(非洲南部)
My father crossed the Kalahari in 1935...
没什么荒谬的
that wasn't so ridiculous.
这和血缘无关
Nothing's in the blood.
我工作很努力哦
I'm a hard worker.
你可以在这儿工作 八个月免费劳动
You can work for me for eight months... for free.
我教你如何训骆驼
I'll show you how to train them.
然后 给你两头野骆驼
After that, I give you... two wild camels.
就是这样
And that will be that.
那我们签合同吗
So... do we sign a contract?
我说话算话
I'm good to my word.
你可以住在这儿
You can stay here.
我给你清理出个棚子
I'll clean out one of the sheds.
没事 我会自己找个地儿 谢谢
That's OK, I'll find my own place. Thanks.
米奇奇 卡土姆 艾力 法哈妮和阿巴
Misch-Misch, Khartoum, Ali, Fahani and Aba.
这是新到的野骆驼 杜基和巴博
And these are my new wild bulls... Dookie and Bub.
它怎么了?
What's wrong with him?
它没事 发♥情♥期 他是公骆驼
Nothing's wrong with him. He's in rut. He's a bull.
刚才那些是阉过的
Those other males are bullocks.
这些也是公骆驼
These are still bulls.
有蛋蛋
Die haben eier.
在发♥情♥期 它们会极其好斗
In rut season, they become extremely aggressive.
非常危险
Very dangerous.
它看起来并不危险
He doesn't look very dangerous.
它还年轻 会学会的
He's young. He will learn.
杜基
Hey, Dookie.
杜基 你好
Hey, Dookie. Hello.
过来
Come on.
你想和骆驼玩?
So you want to play with the camels?
要观察动物
Always watch the animal.
了解动物的想法
Watch how he thinks.
让它知道谁是老大
Let him know who's boss.
去吧 你试一次
Come on. Try it again.
要小心
Careful.
快点 马上营业了
Hurry up. We open soon.
你弄完了吗
Are you finished?
完了
Yep.
这是什么
What's that?
对不起
Sorry.
脱掉鞋 你该多磨磨脚
Take off those shoes. You must toughen the feet.
共有两种骆驼
There are two species of camel.
但都不是原产于澳大利亚
Neither is native to Australia.
骆驼于1860年被大规模引进澳洲
Some of the first camels brought into the country
主要用于伯克和威尔斯的探险
were for the Burke and Wills expedition in 1860...
大点声 用心
Louder. More effort!
如今 整个澳大利亚有超过5万头野骆驼
Today there are over 50,000 feral camels across Australia.
戈尔迪
Hey! Goldie!
这儿 戈尔迪 加油
Here, Goldie! Come on.
别动
Hold it.
等会儿
Wait.
我的旅程是受到了父亲的启发
'If my trip was inspired by anyone, it would be my father.
他年轻时曾横跨东非
He trekked across East Africa in his youth
独自穿越丛林是最幸福的时刻
and was happiest on his own out in the bush.'
小时候 他带我看了家里的一棵树
'When I was young, he showed me a tree on our property
树上刻着字母"L" 代表探险家路德维格·莱卡特
marked with the letter L by the explorer Ludwig Leichhardt.
1848年 他带着7匹马和20头骡子
In 1848, he attempted to cross Australia to the ocean
试图从东往西横越澳洲
with 7 horses and 20 mules.
他失踪了 再无音讯
He disappeared and was never found.
我想象着他孤身一人
I remember imagining Ludwig alone in the desert
与动物们一起置身荒漠
with the animals,
听起来就像一场梦
and it sounded like a dream.'
有事吗
Yeah?
谈谈我的旅行吧 还有我的骆驼?
Can we talk about my trip? My camels?
你的骆驼?
Your camels?
是啊 我们的交易
Yeah, our deal.
我都试着和你说过两次了
I've tried to talk to you about it already... twice.
明天你得早起
I need you to get up early tomorrow.
骆驼5点得准备好
I want the camels in by five.
我在这儿8个月了
I've been here for over eight months now,
再不会为你做任何屁事
I don't have to do shit for you.
你被解雇了
You're fired.
我要去告诉格拉德
I'm going to talk to Gladdy about it.
格拉德走了 你也别在这儿了
Gladdy's gone! And I want you gone, too.
再不想见任何臭婊♥子♥
I want all bitches gone from my sight.
早期的定居者需要
'The early settlers needed beasts of burden
更能适应内陆恶劣气候的动物
better suited to the harsh climate of the outback,
因此 他们进口了骆驼
so they imported camels.
当火车和汽车出现后
When trains and cars came along
骆驼们再无用处
and there was no longer any use for them,
就被放生了
the camels were set free.
它们没有消失 反倒蓬勃繁衍
But instead of perishing, they flourished.
现在 澳大利亚拥有世界上最多的骆驼
Now Australia has the largest feral camel population in the world.
我只需要三头
I just needed three of them.'
你觉得怎么样 狄狄?
Hey. What do you think, Dig?
温馨的家 对吧
Home sweet home, eh?
真是个疯丫头 差不多2000英里
You must be mad, girly. You know that's about 2,000 miles?
骆驼出♥售♥&出口
6个月的艰苦步行