Six months of hard walking.
如果你受伤了 就更不容易了
It gets tougher if you get an injury.
更别说迷路 缺水 缺食物
No it's easy enough to get lost, run out of water, food...
很容易死在途中
You don't have to be unlucky to die out there.
我就是想亲身体验
I just want to be by myself.
这些骆驼没受过长途跋涉的训练
Well, we don't train these camels for kiddie rides. Hm?
逮到了 然后卖♥♥掉
We catch 'em, we sell 'em.
那你会帮我吗
So, will you help me out?
我可以教你如何驯服
I can teach you how to break one.
其余的你自己搞定
The rest of it you do in your own time.
你会雇我吗
You'll hire me?
没人能容忍♥克特·波塞尔8个月
Anyone who can put up with Kurt Posel for eight months
应当给次机会
deserves a chance.
明天来吧 看看怎样
Come back tomorrow. See how you go.
我给一个叫沙雷·穆♥罕♥默♥德♥的骆驼牧人工作
'I went to work for a camel wrangler named Sallay Mahomet.
是来自阿富汗的骆驼客
He came from a long line of Afghan cameleers.'
对 手举高 视线向上
Righto! Arms up, you've gotta look tall.
抬头挺胸 手举高
Stand tall, arms up.
一个月的工作 他提供给我一只野骆驼和半月的薪水
'He offered me one wild camel for a month's work at half pay.'
罗宾 关上栅门
Robyn, shut the gate.
你驯服了她
You'll have to break her.
谢谢
Thanks.
你应得的
You've earned it.
你是个怪女孩 罗宾·戴维森
You're an odd girl, Robyn Davidson.
罗宾?
Rob?
我知道你在这儿
We know you're here!
你跑得了 但是躲不了
You can run but you can't hide!
你怎么来了
What are you doing here?
怎么找到我的
How did you find me?
打听了一下
Well, I asked around.
这小镇可没多少"骆驼小姐"
I guess there's not too many camel ladies in this town.
我讨厌这称呼 听起来像个奇怪的女人
Mm. I hate that. It makes me sound like a crazy woman.
过来
Hey, come on.
你还好吗 罗宾?
Hi. - How ya going, Robbie?
这是彼得 伯纳德 安妮和她朋友里克
This is Peter, Bernard, Annie and Annie's mate Rick.
他是从美国来的
He's out from the States.
我喜欢这地方 从不知道骆驼有这么大
I love your place. I didn't realise how big camels are.
就像牛和长颈鹿的结合
It's like a cow and a giraffe mixture...
它们很漂亮
They're beautiful.
不请我们进去?
Going to invite us in?
快来吧
Yep, come in.
这是我有的 这是我还没有的
That's what I have, that's what I don't have.
另外我还需要两头骆驼
Plus I need two more camels.
但我没钱
Mostly I just need money.
钱 钱 钱
Money, money, money.
探险家总会遇到的困境
The eternal, uh... the eternal explorer's dilemma.
你为什么不缩短下旅途?
Well, why don't you just shorten the trip?
到岩石那儿就回来?(艾尔斯岩石-澳洲中部)
To the Rock and back?
我和托利可以和你一起去 我们可以出点钱
I mean, Toly and I will come with you. We can chip in.
是啊 为什么不呢
Yeah. Why not? - Mm...
你考虑过拉赞助吗 比如杂♥志♥社?
Have you looked into sponsorship? Like a magazine?
里克认识些编辑 -我认识很多编辑
Rick knows lots of editors. - Yeah, I know lots of editors.
我可以帮你说些好话
I could put in a good word for you.
他们会感兴趣的 我觉得这很有吸引力
I think they'd think it was fas... I think it's fascinating.
他们也会这么认为
So I know they would.
没事 我自己想办法
Oh, it's OK. I'll do it myself.
你知道最近的政♥治♥局势吗
Do you know what's going on politically?
要根据判断展开行动
It's about acting on what judgements you make...
要做个批判性的
It's about making a critique...
扎莱卡 你好啊
Hey, Zelly. Hey, girl.
你好
Hey.
茄子
Kangaroo!
就这么随便吗
Hey, do you mind?
对不起 坏习惯
Sorry, bad habit.
我给你做了这个
Oh, I, uh... I made you this.
你太有爱了 谢谢
You're a darling. Thank you.
你要需要 随时来找我们
You know, um... your room's still available, Rob.
好的
Yeah...
再见 罗宾 爱你
Bye, Rob! Love you!
再见 罗宾 再见 狄吉蒂 祝好运
Bye, Robyn! Bye, Diggity! Good luck!
别死在外面
Don't die out there!
我很了解你
I know you well enough
所以从没问过 为什么你要这么做
never to ask why you're doing this,
或为什么你要单独做这件事
or why you want to do it alone.
但是我想 如果它对你很重要
But I guess if the reason's good enough for you,
那它对我也同样重要
it's good enough for me.
总之 我为你的旅程录了盘磁带
Anyway, I made you a tape for your trip.
你妈妈的老唱片
That old record of your mother's,
在她的葬礼上你还放过
the one you used to play to death.
无论你要找寻什么 罗宾
Whatever it is you're looking for, Robbie,
找到它 然后回家
find it and come home, OK?
国家地理杂♥志♥ 杰克·利斯特先生 美国华盛顿M街17号♥ 20036
小妞 我估计你的骆驼怀孕了
Girlie, I reckon you've got yourself a pregnant cow.
什么
What?
怀孕 是好事 还是坏事?
Pregnant? But is that good or bad?
你晚上可以把小骆驼绑起来
You've got a calf tied up in camp overnight,
其它的骆驼就不会走远了
none of the others are gonna stray very far.
这么说是好事
So that's good.
几个星期后 我听说克特·波塞尔卖♥♥掉了农场
'A few weeks later, I heard that Kurt Posel sold his ranch.'
跟你说过了 这是不可能的
Like I said, it's not possible.
新的饲主几乎没有与骆驼相处的经验
'The new owner had little experience with camels.'
一头骆驼就足够了 那混♥蛋♥欠我两头
One camel. That's all I want. The bastard owed me two.
对不起 他从没向我提过
Sorry. Never mentioned that to me.
你知道你在做什么吗
Hey, do you even know what you're doing?
不应该拉鼻绳的
I wouldn't use a nose-line.
冷静 混♥蛋♥ - 扔了绳子
Settle down, you bastard! - Let go of the rope.
快出来吧
Get outta there!
关上栅门
Shut the gate.
杜基
Hey, Dookie.
冷静
Easy.
就是这样
That's the way.
过来 杜基
Come on, Dookie.
蹲下 杜基 蹲下
Whoosh, Dookie. Whoosh.
它们经常这样吗
Do they do that often?
公骆驼?
The bulls? - Yeah.
当然 经常会这样
Oh, hell yeah. All the time.
别让你的孩子靠近它 千万别靠近
You want to keep your kids away from them, for sure.
狄吉蒂 快来
Come on, Dig!
因此 我给你写信
'And so I'm writing to you
希望杂♥志♥社能资助我
in the hope that your magazine will sponsor my trip.
在我看来 国家地理
I believe National Geographic
国际声誉最高
to be of the highest international repute.
这次旅途将带我穿过
The trip will take me through
沙漠塑造的或美丽或贫瘠的地区
some of the most beautiful and barren country the desert can show.
随信附上我计划的路线
I am enclosing a map of my proposed route,
从艾丽斯泉出发 先到艾尔斯岩石
from Alice Springs to Ayers Rock,
之后穿过西部沙漠 到达印度洋
then on through the Western Desert to the Indian Ocean.'
我有三头骆驼和一头小犊子
'I have three camels and one small calf
经过训练 随时可以出发
trained and ready to go.
它们是靠得住的牲畜
They are perfectly reliable beasts.
它们的名字是杜基
Their names are Dookie...'
巴博
'...Bub, Zelly
扎莱卡和它的孩子歌♥利亚
and baby Goliath.
我很清楚即将面临的艰辛
I am well aware of the hardship I will be facing
还得承认 对于这样危险的旅程
and the first to admit I am remarkably unqualified
我完全是个生手
for such a hazardous undertaking.
但这正是这次旅行的意义
But this is precisely the point of my journey.
我想 普通人也是无所不能
I'd like to think an ordinary person is capable of anything.
期待您的回信
I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.
诚挚的 罗宾·戴维森
Yours faithfully, Robyn Davidson.'
这儿 - 对不起了 杜基
Sorry, Dookie.