然后,一天下午,答案来了。
And then, one afternoon, the solution came.
由格里塔提供。
Supplied by Greta.
拉里,我有个好主意。——什么?
Larry, I just had a wonderful idea. - What?
你觉得建一个宾馆怎么样?
What do you think about building a guesthouse?
我以为你通过了一条关于客人的法律。
I thought you passed a law about guests.
哦。不是永久的法律。
Oh. Not a permanent law.
再说,你也不能把玛莎阿姨叫做客人。
And besides, you could hardly call aunt Martha a guest.
玛莎阿姨吗?-是的,她在考虑出柜。
Aunt Martha? - Yes, she's thinking of coming out.
无论如何,建造它都会很有趣。
And it'd be fun to build, anyway.
你可以起草说明书。
You could draw up the specifications.
我对规格一窍不通。
I don't know the first thing about specifications.
那我们就找个建筑师。
Then we'll get an architect.
——在哪里?-当然是在洛杉矶。
- Where? - In Los Angeles of course.
-我们可以知道其中一个的名字。-我认识一个,叫哈维尔。
- We can get the name of one. - I know one, name's harwell.
很好。不如你现在就去商店给他打电♥话♥面试。
Good. What don't you run up to the store and phone him for an interview right now.
——嗯?——好的。
- Hmm? - Okay.
你能帮我在沙龙预约一下吗?
And will you make an appointment for me at my salon?
我的头发需要做,我们也需要杂货。
My hair needs doing and we need groceries, too.
要我跟你一起去吗?
You want me to go with you?
不,没关系。我马上就回来。
No, that's alright. I'll be right back.
我给哈维尔打了电♥话♥,约了周四的约会,然后,理发师。
I called harwell and made a date for Thursday, and then, the hairdresser.
然后我打了一个重要的电♥话♥。
Then I made the important call.
你好。
Hello.
拜托,Verna Carlson。
Verna Carlson, please.
是给你的,verna。
It's for you, verna.
- - - - - -你好。-你好,verna?
- Hello. - Hello, verna?
我是拉里·巴伦丁。
It's Larry ballentine.
我星期四要进城。
I'm coming into town on Thursday.
我两点钟会在老地方。
I'll be at our usual place at two o'clock.
你能在那里见我吗?
Can you meet me there?
有件事我想和你谈谈。
There's something I want to talk to you about.
弗娜吗?
Verna?
春天的
Vernal
被切断了?
get cut off?
接线员很擅长在事情变得有趣的时候突然中断。
Operator's got a real knack for breakin' off just as things are gettin' interesting.
是吗?所有的杂货都在车里?
Yeah? All the groceries in the car?
除了方糖什么都要。
Everything except the lump sugar.
不需要那么多花哨的东西。
Don't have much call for gewgaws like that.
没关系。我周四会去城里买♥♥一些。
That's okay. I'll pick some up in town on Thursday.
不能让马失望。
Can't afford to disappoint the horses.
现在几点了?
What time is it now?
比你上次问我的时候晚了六分钟,先生。
It's six minutes later than the last time you asked me, mister.
庭。
2:25.
谢谢。
Thanks.
再来一杯吗?
Want another drink?
不,我想没有。
No, I guess not.
我该付你多少钱?
How much do I owe you?
也许她有事耽搁了。这是众所周知的。
Maybe she got held up. It's been known to happen.
-剩下的是你的。——谢谢。
- The rest is yours. - Thanks.
帮我个忙,好吗?
Do me a favor, will you?
告诉我为什么叫我来。
Tell me why I'm here.
和我一样,薇娜。
The same reason I am, verna.
你无法远离。
You couldn't stay away.
你对自己的绘画能力很有自知之明,不是吗?
You've got quite an opinion of your drawing power, haven't you?
好的。你为什么来?
Alright. Why did you come?
不是我,verna。这里面有些东西。
It isn't me, verna. It's something in this.
我们没办法。
We can't help it.
-你愿意和我一起走吗?-要多久?
- Will you go away with me? - For how long?
只要你能忍♥受我就行。
For as long as you can put up with me.
我会在雷诺办离婚,然后我们可以去任何地方。
I'll get a divorce in Reno and then, we can go away anywhere.
-重新开始。——看。那是我的台词。
- Make a fresh start. - Look. That was my line.
只是,你觉得我不能好好养你。
Only, you decided I couldn't support you properly.
——还记得吗?-是的,我知道,但是…如果我现在去任何地方,都会有兰花。
- Remember? - Yeah, I know, but... If I go anywhere now, there will be orchids involved.
我可以得到兰花。
I can get orchids.
这是我午饭后收到的最好的报价……但这还不够好。
That's the best offer I've had since lunch... But it's not good enough.
也许我该说很多兰花。
Maybe I should've said a lot of orchids.
如何?
How?
格里塔的活期账户里有3万美元。
Greta has $30,000 in her checking account.
我想她会带着祝福把它给我们。
And she's going to give it to us with her blessing, I suppose.
你不明白,这是联名支票账户,我也可以取钱。
You don't understand, it's a joint checking account, I can draw on it, too.
怎么做,不让她知道?
How, without letting her know?
你会做到的。
You're gonna do it.
哦。我要这么做。
Oh. I'm going to do it.
听着,我都想好了。
Listen, I've got it all figured out.
我写支票。你可以通过公♥司♥兑现。
I write the check. You cash it through the firm.
那样的话,就不会有人问了。
That way, there won't be any questions asked.
银行只会以为我在帮她买♥♥证券。
The bank will just think I'm buying securities for her.
然后呢?
And then what?
你星期一兑现支票,所以它将记入下个月的结算单上。
You cash the check on Monday, so it'll be on next month's statement.
然后乘10点的雷诺公共汽车到托马森十字路口。
Then catch the ten o'clock Reno bus to Thomason's crossroads.
两点半到。我去见你。
It gets there at 2.30. I'll meet you.
-你觉得呢?-我觉得你疯了。
- What do you think? - I think you're crazy.
我来告诉你有多疯狂。
I'll show you how crazy.
-乔治,你有笔吗?——确定。
- George, you got a pen? - Sure.
这是一款新产品,我用它在水下写作。
It's one of them new ones, I do my writing with it underwater.
20000美元?
$20,000?
25000美元吧。
Make it $25,000.
害怕吗?
Scared?
你才是该害怕的人。
You're the one who should be scared.
为什么?
Why?
你怎么知道我周一会来?
How do you know I'll show up on Monday?
我打赌你会的,宝贝。
I'm betting you will, baby.
25000美元。
$25,000.
不在乎。
Didn't care.
阳光下很暖和。
It was warm in the sunshine.
我来回走了一会儿,看着汽车在高速公路上驶过。
I walked up and down for a while, watchin' the cars pass on the highway.
我想知道我们要多久才能到达里诺。
I wondered how long it would fake us to reach Reno.
那时我不知道道路并不总是通往你期望的地方。
I had no way of knowing then that roads don't always go where you expect them to.
我上了公共汽车,一个乘客爬了出来。
I got to the bus and one passenger climbed out.
一个男人。这是一个震撼。
A man. That was a jolt.
没有弗娜。也没有25000美元。
No verna. And no $25,000.
突然,我开始怀疑自己是否被欺骗了。
Suddenly, I began to wonder if I'd been double-crossed.
我必须尽快找到答案。
I had to find out quick.
我很害怕。
I was plenty scared.
我要和洛杉矶通话。塔克5387。
I want to talk to Los Angeles. Tucker 5387.
好吧。
Alright.
那是85年。
That's 85.
拉里?
Larry?
你到底怎么了?
What the devil happened to you?
-什么都没有。-你怎么没上那辆车?
- Why nothing. - Why weren't you on that bus?
我在车上,他们今天跑了两趟。
I was on the bus, they ran two today.
你想让我怎么做?两个都上?
What did you expect me to do? Be on both of them?
我们出发吧。
Let's get going.
你在做什么?
What're you doing?
去游泳怎么样?
How about a swim?
我以为我们要去里诺呢。
I thought we were supposed to be going to Reno.
我们是来旅游的。但是我很热。
We are. But I'm hot.
我们今晚要停六站,根本到不了那儿。
We'll never get there tonight with half a dozen stops.
好的。我们明天到那里。
Alright. We'll get there tomorrow.
最好试试。它可能会改善你的脾气。
Better try it. It might improve your temper.
我早该料到会是这样。
I should've known it'd be like this.
你就像个四岁小孩一样可靠。
You're about as dependable as a four-year-old child.
如果你愿意,你可以回头。
You can turn back if you like.
也许你会更喜欢特伦顿。
Maybe you'd like it better with Trenton.
他可能根本不会游泳。
He probably doesn't swim at all.
好的。你可以回去。
Okay. You can go back.
但首先,如果要我把你扔进去,你得去游泳。
But first, you're going swimming if I have to throw you in.
你弄疼我了。
You're hurting me.
对不起,宝贝。
I'm sorry, baby.
你为什么不直接说你不爱我?
Why don't you just say that you don't love me?
电影精选列表