她是营养师。她赚的钱比我多。
She's a dietitian. She makes more money than I do.
她也比你漂亮吗?
Is she prettier than you, too?
她看起来就像个营养师。
She looks exactly like a dietitian.
喜欢它吗?=好。
Like it? = fine.
但是,利润在哪里?
But, uh, where's the profit?
什么意思?利润?
What do you mean? Profit?
你不能就这么送人吗?
Well, you can't just be giving these away?
而不是在谈论东西的价格,人们支付多少租金,他们赚多少钱之后。
Not after all that talk about how much things cost, how much rent people pay, how much money they make.
听着,我唯一感兴趣的是人们花多少钱。
Look, the only thing I'm interested in is how much people spend.
这种兴趣是有名字的。
There's a name for that kind of interest.
当然,淘金。
Sure, gold digging.
我高中时读过一首诗,是关于在你还能采摘玫瑰花蕾的时候。
I read a poem once in high school, something about gathering rosebuds while you can.
只是我采的不是玫瑰花蕾,而是兰花。
Only instead of rosebuds, I gather orchids.
那就更好了。
Even better.
当然,还有与兰花、演出、昂贵的餐厅和夜♥总♥会♥相配的东西。
And of course, what goes with the orchids, shows, expensive restaurants and nightclubs.
在我看手相的时候,我想我应该警告你,我并不在乎我从谁那里采集兰花。
And while I'm reading my palm, I think I should warn you, I'm not particular who I gather my orchids from.
很好。
Fair enough.
这还是没有回答我的问题。
That still doesn't answer my question.
这些费用都包含在丰盛的晚餐里了
The cost of that will be included in the nice dinner
女士,你做了一个错误的投资。
Lady, you made a bad investment.
我吃自己种的兰花。
I eat my own orchids.
我在家里吃。
And I eat them at home.
那才是我现在该呆的地方。
That's where I should be right now.
我可以用一下你的电♥话♥吗?
May I use your phone?
就在那里。
Right over there.
你好,玛丽。巴伦丁太太回来了吗?
Hello, Mary. Is Mrs. ballentine home yet?
她不会吗?
She won't?
嗯…那样的话,我就在市中心吃晚饭。
Well... In that case, I'l have dinner downtown.
葛丽塔的。
Greta's out.
在福利联盟的一次会议上。
At a meeting of the welfare league.
我一定是忘记给你留言了。
I must've forgotten to give you the message.
我发现与兰花相伴的是一场与命运的捉迷藏游戏。
I discovered that what went with orchids was a game of hide and seek with fate.
在不寻常的夜♥总♥会♥,偏僻的酒吧,偏僻的餐馆演出。
Played in offbeat nightclubs, out-of-the-way bars, remote restaurants.
一场我根本没机会赢的游戏。
A game I never had a chance of winning.
好的,稍等,先生,稍等。
Yes, in just a moment, sir. Just a moment.
-我马上回来。——好的。
- I'll be right back. - Alright.
珍妮丝!
Janice!
我一直想去找你。
I've been meaning to look you up.
-为什么?-为什么,和你谈谈…嗯,打个招呼。
- What for? - Why, to talk with you... Well, to say hello.
我打电♥话♥给你的时候你可以打个招呼。
You could've said hello when I phoned you.
我最近太忙了,珍妮丝,而且…你知道在电♥话♥里聊天是不好的。
I've been so darn busy, Janice, and... You know talking on the phone is no good.
你知道吗,你的表现和我想象的一样。
You know, you're acting just as I imagined you would.
好像什么都没发生过。
As though nothing had happened.
几周前,我可能还不明白。
A few weeks ago, I might not have understood.
那天晚上你没来,我试着找借口。
When you didn't come that night, I tried to make excuses.
你生病了,出差了,或者出了意外。任何东西。
That you've been taken ill or called away on business, or had an accident. Anything.
杂♥志♥社把我调到西海岸的时候,我还希望你能解释一下。
When the magazine transferred me to the west coast, I still hoped you'd explain.
上个月,我见到了格里塔。
Last month, I saw Greta.
得知她从没想过和你分手。
Learned she'd never even considered breaking with you.
这是你的谎言,不是吗?
It was a pretty shoddy lie of yours, wasn't it?
我想你不会像我一样觉得自己很小气。
I don't suppose you feel quite as cheap about it as I do.
那是谁?
Who was that?
我以前在纽约认识的一个女孩。
A girl I used to know in New York.
她很漂亮。你的旧情人?
She's pretty. An old flame of yours?
几乎没有。
Hardly.
先生,桌子已经准备好了。
The table is ready now, sir.
如果您同意这些建议,请在所附表格上签字并尽快寄回给我们。
If the suggestions meet with your approval, please sign the enclosed form and return to us as soon as possible.
准备好让我签名。
Fix it up for my signature.
在seabright制♥造♥公♥司♥的招股说明书上。
Now, on the prospectus of the seabright manufacturing company.
“本公♥司♥的观点是,虽然这一问题纯属猜测,但它提供了极好的机会参与最……”
"The firm's opinion is that while the issue is purely speculative, it offers excellent opportunities to participate in one of the most..."
我有赫本的档案给你,ballentine先生。
I have the hepburn file for you, Mr. ballentine.
哦,是的。哦,等一下。
Oh, yes. Oh, wait a second.
有件事我想问你。
There's something I want to ask you about it.
乔丹小姐,你帮我把那封信寄出去吧,我一会儿再看说明书。
Uh, suppose you run that letter off for me, miss Jordan, I'll get to the prospectus later.
-通常的副本?——是的。
- The usual copies? - Yes.
我注意到在赫本夫人的档案中,她最近的大部分交易都是优先的。她有没有表达过…
I notice in Mrs. hepburn"s file, most of her trading of late's been in preferred. Has she ever expressed any...
我们今晚的约会取消了,宝贝。
Our date's off for tonight, baby.
它是什么?
It is?
我得和格里塔去听音乐会。
I have to go to a concert with Greta.
——为什么?——“为什么?”
- Why? - "Why?"
因为她有票,所以她提前点了晚餐…我脱不了身。
Well, because she has the tickets, she's ordered dinner early and... I can't get out of it.
你以前也有过摆脱困境的经历。
You've been able to get out of things before.
当皮带被拉紧的时候就不会了。
Not when the leash was pulled tight.
或者,你没听说过我们已婚男人戴的皮带吗?
Or, uh, hadn't you heard about the leashes we married men wear?
不,我没有。
No, I hadn't.
拉里,有件事我不明白。——什么?
Larry, I don't understand one thing. - What?
你为什么不等到五点钟才取消我们的约会?
Why didn't you wait until five o'clock to break our date?
那你肯定不会再找我了。
Then you'd be sure I couldn't get another.
噢,看。你有点不可理喻。
Oh, look. You're being a little unreasonable.
是1 ?
Am 1?
你不是忘了现金自运的好日子吗?
Aren't you forgetting all that talk about good times on a cash-and-carry basis?
你知道你要面对什么,宝贝。
You knew what you were getting into, baby.
你知道格里塔的事。
You knew about Greta.
你怎么知道你对我有什么要求?
How do you figure you have any kind of a claim on me?
我想我不知道。
I guess I don't.
你在看什么?=我吗?
What're you looking at? = me?
你在看什么东西。
You were looking at something.
特伦顿,我不知道他今晚要来。
Trenton, I didn't know he was coming tonight.
哦,特伦顿先生来了。
Oh, there's Mr. Trenton.
- - - - - -你好。-晚上好,ballentine太太。
- Hello. - Good evening, Mrs. ballentine.
我不相信你见过Carlson小姐…-没有,你好吗?-你好!
I don't believe you've met miss Carlson from... - No, how do you do? - How do you do?
你也喜欢音乐吗,卡尔森小姐?
Do you like music, too, miss Carlson?
-我要么接受,要么放弃。-你不喜欢波尔卡舞吗?
- I can take it or leave it. - Didn't you like the polka?
我觉得肖斯塔科维奇太刺♥激♥了。
I think shostakovich is so exciting.
恐怕verna更喜欢哈里·詹姆斯的音乐。
I'm afraid verna prefers the music of Harry James.
但是他先演奏的肖邦前奏曲,我觉得非常棒。
But that chopin prelude he played first, I thought it was wonderful.
我想你们年纪都不记得…哦,多可爱的戒指啊!我可以看看吗?
I don't suppose any of you are old enough to remember the... Oh, what a lovely ring! May I see it?
当然可以。
Certainly.
也许我自己也会有一个。
I maybe getting one like that myself.
哦,你订婚了吗?
Oh, are you engaged?
这个问题还在讨论中。
Well, it's being debated.
好吧,恭喜你!
Well, congratulations!
我们得给他们开个派对,对吧,拉里?
We'll have to give them a party, eh, Larry?
是的,当然会。
Yes, certainly will.
我们很乐意。亲爱的,失陪一下?
We'd love it. Darling, excuse me a minute?
哦,是的。当然。
Oh, yes. Of course.
特伦顿先生,我在看关于墨西哥太平洋的报告…——是的。-我想我要买♥♥一些。
Oh, Mr. Trenton, I've been reading the, uh, report on Mexican pacific... - Yes. - I think I'd like to buy some.
我们推荐发行股票是为了扩大西南地区的贸易,这应该是今年的普通股分红。
We're recommending the issue for the expansion of trade in the south west, that should be a common stock dividend this year.
弗娜吗?
Verna?
这整件事完全是一团糟。
This whole thing is completely cockeyed.
一直在说要嫁给特伦顿。
All this conversation about marrying Trenton.
-你觉得我不能?-我想你不会的。
- You think I couldn't? - I think you won't.
我知道你那小脑袋在想什么。
I know what that little brain of yours is cooking up.
老套路的嫉妒。只是,我没有掉下去。
The old jealousy routine. Only, I'm not falling.
好的。你不会掉下去的。
Okay. You're not falling.
我什么时候能见到你?
When am I gonna see you?
我们今晚约好了,记得吗?
We had a date tonight, remember?
-明晚怎么样?-对不起,我很忙。
- What about tomorrow night? - I'm afraid, I'm busy.
不,你不是。
No, you're not.
-明晚,verna…-放开我!
- Tomorrow night, verna... - Let me go!
除非你告诉我你会来见我。
Not until you tell me you'll see me.
-音乐开始了。-你会吗,verna?
- The music's starting. - Will you, verna?
我想是的。
I suppose so.
在接下来的一周左右的时间里,我每天晚上回家都很晚,或者应该说是每天早上。
For the next week or so, I got home later each night, or maybe I should say each morning.
直到有一天早晨,从图书馆门口♥射♥出来的长方形光吸引了我的目光。
Until one particular morning a rectangle of light from the library door caught my eye.
那一定是一本有趣的书。
That must be an interesting book.
我想在你睡觉前找你。
I wanted to catch you before you went to bed.
对不起。我和一些顾客搞混了。
Sorry. I got mixed up with some customers.
坐下,拉里。
Sit down, Larry.
为什么这么严肃?
Why so serious?
电影精选列表