反正是某种动物
some kind of animal.
啃掉了他身上的肉
Gnawed the flesh off his body.
挖出了他的眼睛 吃了他的舌头
Plucked out his eyes. Ate his tongue.
但是 这样一切都解释得通了
But, it all adds up:
证据 血淋淋的衣服 等等
the evidence, bloody clothes, and all that.
那家伙一定是在他们藏好东西后偷偷动手的
Guy must've snuck up on him after their stash.
他突袭了他们 他们惊慌失措
He surprised them. They panicked.
然后是本能反应 蜥蜴的大脑
And then instinct, the lizard brain.
他是谁?
Who was he?
我们没有找到身份证
Yeah. We didn't find an ID.
可能也是一个非法移♥民♥
Probably just another illegal.
这样的人比你想象的要多
More of them around here than you can imagine,
而且每天都有新的人过来
more coming every day.
说实话 我觉得你也是其中之一
Kind of what I was expecting with you, to be honest.
你觉得我是非法移♥民♥?
You thought I'd be an illegal?
少数民族
A minority.
我们现在都是少数民族了 对吧?
We're all minorities now, right?
在这个破地方?
This part of the country?
据我所知 我是白人
Last I checked, I was white.
上帝让事情变得太容易了
Jesus made things too easy.
宽恕 你只需要开开口就好
Forgiveness, all you got to do is ask.
没人需要为他们的所作所为负责
Nobody's got to be responsible for what they've done.
我爸爸当了33年警♥察♥
My daddy wore this badge 33 years.
这曾经是一份好工作
It was a good job back then.
你得帮助别人
You get to help people, you know.
他就像市长一样
He was like the mayor.
人们向他挥手
People waved to him
当他周日下午走进镇上的时候
when he walked into town on Sunday afternoon.
他们见到他很高兴
They were glad to see him.
我一直觉得这很酷
I always thought that was cool.
我长大后也想要这样
Wanted that for myself when I grew up.
但这并不酷
But it ain't cool.
从来没有人高兴见到我
And nobody's ever glad to see me.
我整天跑来跑去 给街道清理垃圾
All I do is run around sweeping mud off the streets.
那跟宽恕有什么关系?
What's that got to do with forgiveness?
当你接触的一切都是肮脏的
Well, it's hard to stay clean
那你也很难保持干净
when everything you touch is dirty.
他们在说你的坏话 神父
They're saying things about you, Reverend.
那个牢房♥里的男孩
The boys in that cell.
人为了救自己什么都会说
Well, people will say anything to save themselves.
我们要把尸体埋掉了
The body, it needs to be buried.
这么快?
So soon?
是的 我们已经有了指纹
Yeah, we got the fingerprints and all that,
这类必须的东西
the official stuff.
不会有结果的
Nothing's gonna come of it.
这就是非法跨境的风险
That's the risk you take crossing over.
这个可怜的家伙头部受到了钝击
But the poor bastard took blunt trauma to the skull.
我们至少得让他安息吧
The least we can do is give him some restful peace.
你愿意做吗?
Will you do it?
这是我的工作
It's my job.
你的妻子
Hey, your wife.
她是这样死的吗?
Is that how she died?
是墨西哥人吗?
Was it a Mexican?
不
No.
她的车在2号♥公路上失去了控制
She lost control of her car out on Highway 2.
天正在下雨
It was raining.
她被一辆半挂车撞了
She got T-boned by a semi.
不知道是什么击中了她
Never knew what hit her.
我给你带了这个
I brought you this.
你弟弟需要它
Your brother needs it.
瓦伦汀 别傻了
Valentin, don't be a fool.
我可以照顾他
I can take care of him.
不
No.
在这里不行的
Not in here you can't.
你怎么突然这么关心我们?
Suddenly we matter to you?
你说我是傻瓜
You call me a fool
但你生活在一个满是谎言的房♥子里
but you live in a house of lies.
你们配得上彼此
You deserve each other.
和一个骗子同床共枕
A liar in bed with a liar.
闭嘴!
Shut up!
约翰是个好人
John is a good man.
他有一颗善良的心
He has a good heart.
他会找到真♥相♥的
He will find the truth.
他是公正的 你会看到
He will be just. You'll see.
我说的不是警长
I'm not talking about the Chief.
我爸爸常说
My daddy used to say,
“如果你想抓住一个杀人犯 你就得去参加葬礼”
"You wanna catch a killer, you go to the funeral.
“找一个不该出现的人”
Look for anyone there who shouldn't be.
“那就是凶手”
That's your man."
不过今天没人来 除了乔纳斯
Nobody here today though, except Jonas.
乔纳斯 是你杀了他吗?
Hey, Jonas. You kill this guy?
我也是这么想的
That's what I thought.
开始吧
Go ahead.
我来…我来念一段诗
I'll, uh, I'll just read a verse.
“在死者的世界”
"In the place of the dead,
“你的到来令人兴奋”
there's excitement over your arrival.
“早已逝去的世界领袖和伟大国王的鬼魂”
The spirits of world leaders and mighty kings long dead,
“起身来见你”
stand up to see you.
“那里的每个人都会盯着你问”
Everyone there will stare at you and ask,
“他是震撼大地”
'Can this be the one who shook the earth
“使世上的列国震动之人吗”
and made the kingdoms of the world tremble?
“他是毁灭世界”
Is this the one who destroyed the world
“将其变成荒地之人吗?”
and made it into a waste land?
“他是摧毁世界上最伟大的城市”
Is this the king who demolished the world's greatest cities
“且对自己的俘虏毫不怜悯的国王吗?”
and had no mercy on his prisoners?'
“他们必同声喊出”
And with one voice they will all cry out,
“喜乐”
'Rejoice.'
“现在 你和我们一样软弱”
For now, you are as weak as we are."
这诗真♥他♥妈♥怪
That's a weird fucking verse.
阿门
Amen.
我帮不了你 除非你开口
Can't help you, unless you talk.
我在这里好几天了
I've been here days. Days.
听着 我是三县地区唯一的公设辩护律师
Listen, I'm the only public defender in a three-county area.
这一块有很多人 知道吗?
That's a lot of people, okay?
很抱歉让你在这里等到没耐心了
Now, I'm sorry you've been waiting here longer than you cared to,
但这种事情就是这样 很花时间
but that's just the way it is. Things take time.
如果我们是白人就不会这么花时间
Would not take time, if we were white.
无论你是白人还是黑人
Takes time if you're white or black,
还是粉色或者紫色带圆点花纹的人都一样
or pink and purple polka dots.
警♥察♥讨厌我们
The policeman hates us.
讨厌我们的肤色
Hates our skin.
警♥察♥讨厌罪犯
Policeman hates criminals.
你是罪犯吗?
Are you a criminal?
我永远得不到公正的审判
I'll never get a fair trial.
白人律师靠不住
Not with a white lawyer.
你电视看太多了
You watch too much damn TV.
我有个表妹嫁给了一个拉丁人
I had a cousin married to a Latina.
-什么? -走吧
- What? - Leave.
好吧
Okay.
这些指控很严重 孩子
These are some serious charges, son.
现在还是毒品 但他们告诉我
It's drugs today, but they tell me
很快就会变成谋杀了
it's soon to be murder.
你最好收敛一下你的傲气
You'd be wise to swallow some of that pride
接受国家的帮助
and accept the help of the state.
你还年轻 你还有大好人生
You're a young man. You got some life yet to live.
还有你的小♥弟♥弟♥
And your little brother back there,
他的生活都没有真正开始
he ain't hardly lived his life yet at all.
帮你自己个忙 想一想 好吗?
Do yourself a favor and think about that, all right?
再见
Adios.
我很抱歉
I'm sorry.