The judge and the preacher,
他们住在同一栋楼里 诸如此类
they share the same building, that kind of stuff.
人们认为这很少见
People think it's quaint.
也许是的
Maybe it was.
这样的城镇小而紧凑 安全又僻静 来客很少
Town like this, tight-knit, safe and quiet, whistle-stop.
直到他们在几英里外修建了高速公路
Until they build the highway a few miles off,
把所有的生意都抢走
pull all the commerce away
还赶走了所有安静的好人
and all the nice quiet folks along with it.
还剩下什么?
What's left?
是的
Yeah.
我想说的是 这里不是俄亥俄州
All I'm saying is this ain't Ohio.
我们会帮你的
Now we're here to help you,
但只要你自己多加注意
but you can help yourself an awful lot
就是帮自己大忙了 明白吗?
just by paying a little attention, okay?
好的
Okay.
你应该让西莉亚看看你的手
You should have Celia look at that hand.
你也认识她?
So, you know her, too?
我说了
Like I said.
车牌号♥是多少?
What's the plate number?
神父?
Reverend?
-什么? -货车的车牌号♥?
- What? - The plate number of the van?
我不知道
Oh, I don't know.
谁能去接一下吗?
Would somebody get that, please?
看一下 在底下签个名
Well, read this through, sign it at that bottom.
我会让我的人去调查
I'll have my boys get on it.
不要抱太多期待
Just don't expect a miracle.
你好 贝弗警局
Hello, Bevel Police.
是的 我是警长
Yeah, this is the chief.
不行
No.
总是在星期天
It's always on Sunday.
除了星期二
Except when it's on Tuesday.
我不知道 我没有日程表
I don't know. I don't make the schedule.
波克 不
Poco, no.
是血
It's blood.
为什么会有血?
Why is there blood?
谁知道呢?
Who knows?
他妈的白鬼
Fuckin' white dudes.
这些东西一文不值
This shit is worth nothing.
瓦伦汀
Valentin, hey.
这和那些花一样
It's like the flowers.
采石场的那些花
At the quarry.
紫色的花到处都是
Purple flowers are everywhere.
这些不一样
Not like these.
你觉得他去过那吗?
Do you think he was there?
别乱来了
Stop messing around.
我们去看看种的东西吧
Let's go tend our crop.
拿上袋子!
Get the bag!
瓦伦汀 你在里面吗?
Valentin, are you in there?
我不喜欢去采石场
I don't like going to the quarry.
你喜欢吃东西 是吗?
You like eating, don't you?
我害怕
I get scared.
那就保持清醒
Stay on top then.
好的 快点!
Okay, hurry up!
快点 瓦伦汀!
Hurry up, Valentin!
冷静下来 波克!
Chill out, Poco!
你应该留下……一次就好
You should stay... just once.
会很棒的
It'll be nice.
我早上给你准备早餐
I'll fix your breakfast in the morning.
我得去工作了
I got to work.
在半夜?
In the middle of the night?
贼都是这个时候出来的
That's when the bugs come out.
拜托 约翰
Come on, John.
别走
Stay.
不要乞求
Don't beg.
这让你看起来很软弱
It makes you look weak.
我不是那个意思
I didn't mean that.
没事
It's fine.
他知道你在这里 墙很薄
He knows you're here. The walls are thin.
你觉得他会比上一个待得更久吗?
You think he'll stay longer than the last one?
我不在乎他呆多久
I don't really care how long he stays.
我喜欢你的花
I like your flowers.
那是假的
They're fake.
再见
See you.
来的人不多
Not many come.
有几个…
Some but...
有人吗?
Hello?
别以为会有人回答你
Hope you're not expecting an answer.
这我也无能为力
I couldn't help it.
所以这是你的第一次礼拜
So, you got your first service.
这工作很适合你 对吧?
You got your work cut out for you, huh?
我想告诉你我找到了那个人…
Well, I wanted you to know I think I found your man...
或者说那两个人
or your boys, I guess.
你的箱子 你的货车
With your case, your van.
我很快就要逮捕他了
I'll be making an arrest soon.
是谁?
Who is it?
我想你知道是谁
I think you know who it is.
怎么?你亲人犯罪难道是我的错?
What? You act like it's my fault you come from criminals?
他们是她的表兄弟
They're her cousins.
她很敏感
She's sensitive.
我应该为今晚做准备
I should get ready for tonight.
我们认识吗?
Do I know you?
什么意思?
Well, what do you mean?
你来这儿之前我们在什么地方见过面吗?
Have we met somewhere before you come here?
我们在哪里见过吗?
Where would we have met?
我不知道 所以我才问你
I don't know. That's why I'm asking.
我只是觉得以前见过你
I just feel like I've seen you before.
你在俄亥俄州待了很长时间吗 警长?
You spend much time in Ohio, Chief?
工作愉快 神父
Have a good service, Reverend.
如果有人来的话
That is if anybody shows up.
这是一个值得信赖的说法 值得被完全接受
Here's a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance.
“基♥督♥降世 为拯救罪人”
"Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners,
“我是罪人之首”
of whom I am chief."
警长
Chief.
我从《提摩太前书》第一章开始念
I will read from the book of 1st Timothy Chapter One.
“我感谢我们的主基♥督♥ 他赐给我力量”
"I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength,
“他认为我忠心耿耿 任命我为他的仆人”
that He considered me faithful, appointing me to His service.
“尽管我曾经是个亵渎者”
Even though I was once a blasphemer
“一个迫♥害♥者 一个暴♥力♥的人”
and a persecutor and a violent man,
“我被宽恕了 因为我的行为是无知的”
I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance."
你们能听懂吗?
Do you understand me?
你们懂英语吗?
English?
你想知道什么?
What would you like to know?
你是谁?
Um, who are you?
我是个罪人
I am a sinner.
此话怎讲
不好说
你为什么来这里?
Why are you here?
因为
Because
我们主将恩洒在我身上
the grace of our Lord was poured out on me.
这么说是主指引你到这里
我开了一瓶酒
I opened a bottle of wine.
希望你不介意
I hope you don't mind.
他没有结婚
He's not married.
他结过婚 但他的妻子几年前去世了
I mean, he was but his wife died a few years ago.
这不关我的事
It's none of my business.
我年轻的时候认识几个神父
I've known a few preachers in my day.
你和他们都不一样
You're not like any of them.
你是说我不是墨西哥人?
You mean I'm not Mexican?
不光是这一点
Besides that.
我不是在教堂里长大的
Well, I wasn't raised in the church.
所以你还没有厌烦?
So, they haven't worn you down yet?
我十几岁的时候和叔叔一起从墨西哥来到这里
I came from Mexico with my uncle when I was a teenager