...of our academic community, Professor Paul McFee .
谢谢
Thank you.
能做今年的Arthur and Fuller演讲 是我一生的荣耀之一
Thank you. lt is one of the great honors of my life to be asked...
是我一生的荣耀之一
...to deliver this year's Arthur M. Fuller Iecture.
William James 美国的哲学先驱曾说过
WilIiam James...that most American philosopher, once advised:
“你的未来 决定于现在”
"Begin to be now what you wiIl be hereafter."
有人会问 怎么决定
One might ask, how?
引导人存在于世的主要事物是想象力
Our deepest guide in our beginning to be is imagination.
我们能够审视机遇…
Our ability to project and mold our future selves...
刻画自己的未来
...from the myriad possibilities before us.
想象需要勇气和努力
And to imagine takes courage and effort...
但想象也给予我们驾驭命运的希望
...but it gives us hope too. Hope that we can author our own destinies.
我们希望当前的正确选择
Hope that the rightness of the decisions we make now...
能影响未来
...will be born out in the future.
这个世界让我们有时不知所措
As much as we can be overwhelmed by the world...
但也给了我们希望
...we can also draw hope from it.
希望来自于美 希望来自于信义 来自一个简单的事实
From beauty, from promise, from the simple fact...
我们具有根据自己亲眼见到的各种人生
...that we have the talent to imagine our future selves...
而去幻想自己未来人生的能力
...from all the possible lives that pass before our eyes.
我们必须对生活寄予美好的想象
We must imagine our lives well.
我们必须运用我们的道德心
We must engage our conscience.
道德心是上帝的声音
Conscience is the voice of God and the nature...
它留在人的内心里
...and heart of man.
小时候 我很喜欢在雨中闲逛
When l was a littIe kid, l used to love hanging out in the rain.
把我妈妈气坏了
Drive my mom nuts.
我喜欢观察雨中的花朵
I'd watch the flowers.
有些被雨淋得稀趴烂 但有些却在雨后更有生机
Some would get crushed, but some would burst back up after.
真酷
It was so cool.
我必须得去
l have to go.
你好 你是幸存者之一吗?你们的座位在那边…
Excuse me. Are you one of the survivors? We have your seats right over--
她在这吗?
ls she here?
她回来了吗?
Did she come back?
怎么会找不到她呢?
How can you not find her?
估计她是午餐时离开学校的
At lunchtime, we believe your daughter left the school.
-怎么能让这种事发生?-我们已经尽力了 McFee太太
-How can you let that happen? -We try our best, Mrs. McFee.
我以前提醒过你
l did try to tell you.
-她会走回家吗?-我不认为她认得路
-Could she have walked home? -She knows the way.
-我们已经派人在找了 -她只是个小女孩 是个孩子
-We have men looking for her. -She's a little girl. She's a child.
她能走多远?
How far could she have gone?
好 我马上回电♥话♥给你
All right, I'lI get right back to you.
McFee太太 你女儿今天穿一件粉色夹克吗?
Miss McFee, was your daughter wearing a pink jacket today?
我不知道 今天是我丈夫给她穿的衣服
l don't know. l didn't dress her. My husband, Paul, dressed her.
有人在你家附近的树林里 找到一件粉色夹克
The woods near your house, ma'am. Someone just found a pink jacket there.
Emma!
妈咪
Mommy.
那些是什么东西?
What the hell is that?
昨天我看到他们立的碑
l saw them putting them up yesterday...
用来纪念死婴
...for the unborn.
Diana 走吧 我们去学校
Hey. Diana, come on, let's go to school.
Emma!
Emma!
-妈咪 -Emma
-Mommy. -Emma.
帮帮我
Help.
他们都是孩子
They're alI kids.
那是什么声音?
What was that?
-什么?-你听到了吗?
-What? -Do you hear that?
等等 让我听听
Hang on. l can't hear anything.
发生什么了?
What the hell?
-别走那边 走这边 -Dee 别去
Don't go that way. This way! -Dee, don't.
Michael.
Diana.
Micheal 求求你别杀我们 求求你
Michael, don't kill us, please.
"我们" ?
Us?
不 我只杀你们中的一个
No, l'm onIy gonna kill one of you.
你不必杀我们任何一个
But you don't have to kill either of us.
我会的
Well, l'm going to.
唯一的问题是...
The only question is...
我要杀哪个?
...which one's it gonna be?
退后 请退后 请退后
Back it up. Back it up, please. Come on, everybody just back it up.
太太 请你退后
Ma'am, back up. Back up.
你没事吧?老天 这么多血
-Are you okay? My God. All this blood. -He missed me.
我的孩子呢?
Where's my little girl?
我的女儿在里面吗?
ls my little girl in there?
里面是我女儿
lt's my daughter.
我女儿 放开我
lt's my daughter. Get off me.
你不必这么做 Micheal 求求你
You don't have to, Michael, please.
Aah! Diana!
来吧 女孩们
Come on, girls.
该做出选择了
lt's time to choose.
如果你要杀我们中的一个
lf you're gonna kill one of us...
杀我好了
...kill me.
你有什么要说的吗?
And what do you have to say?
也许…
Maybe...
也许我应该杀你
Maybe l should kill you?
-不要 -不要什么?
-No. -No what?
不要杀我
No, don't kill me.
如果不杀你 那应该杀谁?
But if l don't kill you, then who should l kill?
道德心是上帝的声音
Conscience is the voice of God...
它留在人的内心里
...and the nature and heart of man.
这就是生活
Mm, this is the life , M.
我凭什么值得拥有你这样的好朋友?
Maureen, what did I do to deserve a friend like you?
前世注定的?
Um, something in a past life?
长大后我真要变成那种倔强
I don't wanna grow up to be one of those hard women...
迁怒于任何事的女人吗?
...that are angry about everything.
我明白
I know.
你心肠那么软…
With a heart like yours...
不会变成那样的
...I don't think you're in any danger.
如果不杀你 那应该杀谁?
But if l don't kill you, then who should l kill?
Michael.
杀我
Shoot me.
当我设想未来的生活
So I was thinking about my future .
我只想过正常的生活
If I just had this normal life , you know?
生儿育女 待在Briar Hill
And had kids, and even if I stayed in Briar Hill...
这就足够了
...that might be enough.
听着…
Look, M...
我知道你和Nate要生8个孩子…
...I know that you and Nate are gonna have, like , eight kids...
然后像所有幸福家庭一样 开心到永远
...and be one of those pertect families that live happily ever after.
心脏是人身上最强壮的肌肉
The heart is the body's strongest muscle.
Diana!
-你是幸存者之一吗?-不是
-Were you one of the survivors? -No.
-猜猜有什么好消息 -什么?
So guess what? What?
Nate邀请我一起看电影
Nate asked me to go to the movies with him.
我的天 第二次约会 你竟然不告诉我
My God. A second date. You didn't tell me?
他刚刚才跟我说的
He just asked me in trig.
那我得去看紧你们两个 免得你们越轨
l'm gonna come as your chaperone. Make sure nothing happens.
不会的
Mm, that's okay.
如果你愿意 我们可以四人约会 把教授带上
We can double-date , if you want. Bring the professor.
算了吧
Yeah, right.
-我跟你说过我打电♥话♥给他了吗? -没有
-Did I tell you l've been calling him? -No.
他的电♥话♥信箱被我的留言挤爆了
Yeah, but l keep getting his stupid machine.
我留了100多条留言 都是我…
He's got a hundred messages of me just calling...
一通乱打然后挂断的
...and freaking out and hanging up.
-要什么时候才开始?-开始什么?
-When is it all gonna start? -When is what gonna start?
我们的生活 不是这些
Our lives. Not all of this.
知道你应该怎么做吗?给教授买♥♥瓶酸奶
You know what you should do? Buy him a frozen yogurt.
我给Nate买♥♥了瓶 我就得到了第二次约会
That's what I did with Nate and I got a second date.
我要去厕所
l have to go to the bathroom.
上课要迟到了
We're gonna be Iate for class.
抱歉
Sorry.
电影精选列表