Let's get back to shore. We'll have lunch at the inn.
他们被抓后五分钟就开始卖♥♥鲈鱼了。
They serve bass there five minutes after they're caught.
我没告诉过你吗,亲爱的?
Oh, didn't I tell you, darling?
那个亨尼格太太,那天晚上我们见过的那个,她今天约我去吃午饭。
That Mrs. henniger, the one we met the other night, she asked me to lunch today.
好吧,回到鹈鹕。
Okay, back to the pelican.
-我带你们俩去吃午饭。-今天不行,亲爱的。
- I'll take you both to lunch. - Oh, not today, darling.
她想要一次真正的交心谈话。
She wants to have a real heart-to-heart talk.
关于她离婚的事。你知道,女生间的谈话。
About her divorce. You know, girl talk.
这是她第三次了,对吧?
This is her third, isn't it?
我想是的。
I think so.
别让她给你任何想法。
Well, don't let her give you any ideas.
脂肪的机会。
Fat chance.
嗨,亲爱的。你饿了吗?我是。
Hi, darling. Are you starved? I am.
哦,多糟糕的一天。我上气不接下气了。
Oh, what a day. I'm all out of breath.
你在喝什么?我想我也要一样的。
What's that you're drinking? I think I'll have the same.
皮特。你等了很久了吗?
Pete. Have you been waiting long?
和亨尼格夫人的午餐怎么样?
How was lunch with Mrs. henniger?
哦,致命,就是致命。我无法脱身。
Oh, deadly, just deadly. I couldn't get away.
她说啊说啊说。
She talked and talked and talked.
她做吗?整个牌局?
She did? All through the poker session?
什么?
What?
你整个下午都在打扑克,是吗?
You were playing poker all afternoon, weren't you?
我今天赢了一大笔钱,大卫。
I won a young fortune today, David.
凭我今天赢的钱,我们可以再待一个月。
We can stay here another month on what I won today.
你昨天本该去美容院的时候赢的钱呢?
What about the money you won yesterday when you were supposed to be at the beauty parlor?
在那之前的一天,你想一个人去购物?
And the day before that, when you wanted to go shopping by yourself?
别生我的气,大卫。
Don't be angry with me, David.
只是当你回来的时候,我觉得很幸运…“我再也不打球了,”你说。
It's just that when you came back, I felt so lucky that... "I'll never play again,x80x9d you said.
“军的荣誉。”
"Scout's honor."
我想我还是不吃晚饭了,琼。
I'll think I'll skip dinner, Joan.
我要回房♥间了。我们一会儿在那儿见。
I'm going back to the room. I'll see you there later.
你在找人吗?
You looking for someone?
是的。
Yes.
我的妻子。
My wife.
这对丈夫来说是个糟糕的时代。
This is a terrible time for husbands.
谢谢,我会努力记住的。
Thanks, I'll try to remember.
你知道她在哪儿吗?
Do you know where she is?
嗯,不完全是。你知道他们是什么样的人。
Well, not exactly. You know how they are.
她为了改变自己的运气,爬桌子去了。
She's gone table crawling to change her luck.
你说他们怎么样是什么意思?
What do you mean, how they are?
赌徒。那些病得很重的人。
Well, gamblers. The ones who've got it bad.
就像你妻子一样。
Like your wife.
最后一次见到她时,她正朝着蓝筹股走去。
When last seen, she was headed for the blue chip.
这到底是怎么回事,琼?
What's it all about, Joan?
你在这里做什么?
What are you doing here?
我不知道。
I don't know.
琼……
Joan...
我不想来这里。
I didn't want to come here.
那么为什么呢?
Then why?
我不知道。我不知道为什么。
I don't know. I don't know why.
我是……我很兴奋,所以我去了赌场。
I was... I was all keyed up, so I went to the casino.
我想我就看几分钟。
I thought I'd just watch for a few minutes.
后来我赌了一次,输了。
Then something made me bet once and I lost.
然后我又输了。
And then again and I lost.
在我意识到之前,我已经失去了很多。
And before I knew it, I had lost a lot.
所以我去了街对面,一直在输。
So I went across the street and kept on losing.
你不知道那是什么感觉,大卫。
You don't know what it's like, David.
就像被鞭打,被踢,然后被踩,而你一直…哦,不,没关系,琼。
It's like being whipped and kicked then being stepped on, and all the time you... Oh, no, it's all right, Joan.
现在结束了。
It's over now.
我很害怕,大卫。害怕。
I'm scared, David. Scared.
我身上发生了一些事,我不知道是什么。
Something's happening to me and I don't know what it is.
它……它抓住了我,我无法摆脱它。
It... It grabs hold of me and I can't shake it off.
我看到了,但我阻止不了。
I see it happening, but I can't stop it.
哦,帮帮我,大卫。带我离开这里。
Oh, help me, David. Take me away from here.
好的,琼。
Okay, Joan.
没事的,琼。
It's all right, Joan.
一个吓坏了的孩子,在黑暗中摸索,乞求帮助。
A scared kid, groping in the dark, pleading for help.
她当时需要,现在也需要。
She needed it then and she needs it now.
谁不?
Who doesn't?
那么,蹲监狱有什么用呢?
Well, what's a stiff dose of jail going to accomplish?
这能让她远离麻烦,远离穷乡僻壤。
It'll keep her out of trouble, out of back alleys.
那么,你会怎么做呢?扔掉钥匙?
So, what do you do? Throw away the key?
一年后,两年后,她就出狱了。
A year from now, two years, she gets out.
然后呢?
Then what?
看,布思。
Look, boothe.
我是来治疗腹部开膛破肚的酒鬼和流浪汉的,或是拿着骰子肋骨受伤的女人。
I'm here to patch up drunks and bums with their bellies cut open, or dames with loaded dice and their ribs kicked in.
除此之外,我做不到。
More than that, I can't do.
为什么?有病的头脑不那么严重吗?
Why? Is a sick mind less serious?
那么重要吗?
Less important?
如果脖子以上有什么问题,我可不敢去注意。
If there's anything wrong above the neck, I can't afford to notice it.
我们要做的就是给他们旧的1-2-3然后希望他们能用粘合剂粘在一起。
All we do here is give them the old one-two-three and hope they hold together with adhesive.
但我不是让你治好她。
But I'm not asking you to cure her.
我会带她去找能帮她的人。
I'll take her to someone who can.
这就是我唯一的要求。
That's all I'm asking.
当她能站起来走路的时候,她会站起来向我走来。
That when she can get up and walk, she gets up and walks to me.
我怎么知道她该走过去找你?
How do I know she should walk to you?
我怎么知道她的病不是你造成的?
How do I know you're not the cause of what's wrong with her?
因为那是她姐姐。盲人都能看出来。
Because it's her sister. A blind man could see that.
这是你的故事。
That's your story.
我敢保证,他妹妹的故事肯定不一样。
The sister will have a different story, I can guarantee that.
-哦,墨菲。-你在干什么?
- Oh, murph. - What are you doing?
把她叫来,医生。
Send for her, doc.
让她下来亲自看看。
Get her down here and see for yourself.
大半夜的?
In the middle of the night?
这有什么区别?
What difference does that make?
告诉她琼来了,她就会飞过去跟她上♥床♥。
Tell her Joan's here and she'll fly to get her hooks into her again.
-怎么了?-怎么样,医生?
- What's up? - How about it, doc?
墨芙,联♥系♥一个叫露丝·菲利普斯的女孩。
Murph, get a hold of a girl named Ruth Phillips.
榆木0-6-3-2-1。
Elmwood 0-6-3-2-1.
——好的。——谢谢。
- Okay. - Thanks.
如果你这么确定露丝是麻烦的起因,你为什么不把那女孩从她身边带走?
If you're so sure Ruth was the cause of the trouble, why didn't you get the girl away from her?
我做到了。
I did.
我们没有回到芝加哥。
We didn't come back to Chicago.
我把我的故事和我的辞职信同时寄给了报纸,然后我们动身去墨西哥。
I sent the paper my story and my resignation at the same time, ahd we hit for Mexico.
我想写一本关于科罗拉多河的书。
I was trying to write a book about the Colorado river.
所以我们在海边一个叫San crispin的村庄边上租了一个地方。
So we rented a place at the edge of a village called San crispin, on the coast.
接下来的几个月就像第二次蜜月,只是我们从来没有真正的第一次。
The next few months were like a second honeymoon, except for the fact that we never really had a first one.
我们几乎住在海滩上。
We practically lived on the beach.
钓鱼,游泳。
Fishing, swimming.
我们甚至在那里写我的书,琼打字,我口授给她。
We even worked on my book down there, Joan typing while I dictated to her.
但总的来说,这是一个美好的假期。
But, for the most part, it was a wonderful vacation.
尽管我攒下的钱越来越少,但看到琼真的很健康,很放松,这是值得的。
And even though the money I'd saved was kind of dwindling, it was worth it to see Joan really healthy and relaxed again.
啊,可怜的小沙丁鱼。
Ah, the poor little sardine.
可怜的没有。我敢打赌他有十磅重。
Poor nothing. I'll bet he weighs ten pounds.
你愿意吃五份吗?
Would you settle for five?
嗯。
Mmm.
就凭这个,我就告诉所有人你抓到他了。
Just for that, I'll tell everyone you caught him.
——戴维?毫米吗?
- Davy? - Mm?
还需要多长时间?
How much longer will it take?
-需要什么?-读完这本书。
- Will what take? - Finishing the book.
我不知道。
I don't know.
两三个月,如果我们有钱的话。
Two or three months, if our money holds out.
这么快?
So soon?
嘿,好东西。
Hey, a fine thing.
我整天在热打字机前工作,看着我收到的感谢。
I slave all day over a hot typewriter and look at the thanks I get.
那就意味着要离开这里,对吧?
That will mean leaving here, won't it?
不可能。
Not a chance.
如果这本书卖♥♥不出去,我们就买♥♥下这地方。
If the book goes over, we'll buy this place.
如果不行,我们就留在这里种菜,养十个孩子。
And if it doesn't, well, we'll stay here and raise vegetables and about ten kids.
你愿意吃五份吗?
Will you settle for five?
——戴维?——嗯?
电影精选列表