哈,骰子。
Hah, dice.
亲他们,宝贝。替我吻他们。
Kiss 'em, baby. Kiss 'em for me.
上来!
Coming up!
警局接到一份报告。
A report came into the precinct.
一个叫菲利普斯的女孩。
A girl named Phillips.
哦,你好吗,布斯?
Oh, how are you, boothe?
琼菲利普斯。
Joan Phillips.
他们在巷子里发现了她的尸体。
They found her slugged in an alley.
这是今晚收到的所有东西。
Here's everything that come in tonight.
你拿的是什么?
What you got there?
他们付钱让我推他们,我不需要读他们的报道。
They pay me to push 'em. I don't have to read about 'em.
我该拿731号♥的那个酒鬼怎么办,医生?
What'll I do about that lush in 731, doc?
哦,我不知道。让雅各布森来处理。
Oh, I don't know. Tell Jacobson to handle it.
-我的咖啡要凉了。-是的,先生。
- My coffee's getting cold. - Yes, sir.
把她推到房♥间去。我一会儿就下来。
Roll her along to the room. I'll be down later.
好吧。
All right.
嘿,等一下。
Hey, wait a minute.
你不打算为她做点什么吗?
Aren't you going to do something for her?
你是谁?
Who are you?
布思。“先驱晨报》。”
Boothe. "Morning herald."
是吗?我告诉你个消息,布斯。
Yeah? Well, I got news for you, boothe.
我要吃完午饭。
I'm gonna finish my lunch.
等一下,医生。
Now, just a minute, doc.
到底发生了什么事?
What gives?
你得为那个女孩做点什么。
You've gotta do something for that girl.
她会保持。
She'll keep.
但你不能把她推到房♥间里就这么算了!
But you can't just shove her into a room and let it go at that!
你是想离开这里还是想被扔出去?
You gonna get out of here or you want to get thrown out?
-但是,医生…-嘿,墨菲!
- But, doc... - Hey, murph!
医生,等一下…你为什么这么紧张?
Now, just a minute, doc... What're you in such a sweat about?
错什么了?
Anything wrong?
她是我妻子。
She's my wife.
没关系,墨菲。
Never mind, murph.
谁打了她?你吗?
Who slugged her? You?
我有一年多没见过她了。
I haven't seen her in over a year.
我多快能带她回家?
How soon can I take her home?
很难说。
Hard to say.
她被抓住了。
There's a hold on her.
她一包扎好,我们就得把她交给警♥察♥。
Soon as she's patched up, we'll have to turn her back to the police.
警♥察♥吗?对什么?
The police? What for?
“流浪、妨害治安、扰乱治安、涉嫌……".
"Vagrancy, disorderly conduct, disturbing the peace, suspicion of... ".
布斯,这不是我的部门。
Look, boothe, this isn't my department.
你为什么不去找副队谈谈?
Why don't you go talk to the lieutenant?
让我看看。
Let me see that.
他们在开玩笑吗?
Are they kidding?
她会被关几年的。
Why, she'll be sent up for a couple of years.
哦,我不这么认为。也许几个月,仅此而已。
Oh, I don't think so. Few months, maybe, that's all.
这是所有吗?哎呀,那会害死她的。
That's all? Why, that'll kill her.
那女孩病了。
That girl's sick.
到明天她就不会那么难受了。
By tomorrow she won't be so sick.
我不是这个意思。
That isn't what I mean.
我的意思是……我是说,恶心。
I mean... I mean, sick.
她需要帮助,不是…不惩罚。
She needs help, not... not punishment.
当然,我知道。
Sure, I know.
每个被送来的流浪汉都是神经病。
Every tramp that's brought in here is a psycho.
她不是流浪汉。
She's not a tramp.
她是个干净,热情,聪明的人。
She's a clean, warm, intelligent human being.
至少,她是。
At least, she was.
“肉斧玛丽”可能也曾经是一个蓝眼睛、红润脸颊的年轻人。
"Meat ax Mary" was probably a blue-eyed, rosy-cheeked youngster too, once.
我是说,就在两年前。
I mean, just two years ago.
去年。
Last year.
你去过拉斯维加斯吗?
Have you ever been in Las Vegas?
在哪里?
Where?
就在内华达沙漠的中♥央♥,你会撞到这个倾斜的绿洲。
Right in the middle of the Nevada desert, you bump into this cockeyed oasis.
这是一个全天24小时开放的狂欢节,主要靠三样东西为生……快结婚,快离婚,快赚钱,赢了也输了。
It's a wide-open, 24-hour-a-day carnival that lives off three things... Quick marriages, quick divorces, quick money, won and lost.
去年内华达州的赌桌上有30亿美元被转手。
$3 billion changed hands across the gambling tables in Nevada last year.
三十亿年。
Three billion.
这些是国家的官方数据。
Those are the state's official figures.
为什么不呢?人人都喜欢赌博。
And why not? Everybody likes to gamble.
很有趣…对大多数人来说。
It's fun... for most people.
但对有些人来说,这是个陷阱。
But for some people, it's a trap.
它紧紧抓住不放。
It grabs down deep and won't let go.
但当你在那里时,你不会注意到这一点。
But when you're there, you don't notice that.
你看每个人都玩得很开心。
You see everybody having a fine time.
就是这样的地方。
That's the kind of place it is.
但对琼来说,这是世界上最糟糕的地方。
But it was just about the worst place in the world for Joan to be.
谁能想到她会这样呢?
Only who could have known that to look at her?
请给我一包香烟。
A package of cigarettes, please.
嗯,什么牌子的?
Well, what brand?
哦,没关系。任何。
Oh, it doesn't matter. Any kind.
谢谢你!
Thank you.
女士,如果你不玩,能不能退一步给别人让位?
Madam, if you're not playing, will you step back and make room for someone else?
哦,对不起。我可以吃一些薯片吗?
Oh, I'm sorry. May I have some chips?
-是的,女士。-我要……我可以要一美元的吗?
- Yes, ma'am. - I'll take... Can I have a dollar's worth?
当然可以。
Certainly.
22日,黑色的。
22, black.
单一的0。
Single 0.
等等,我放薯片了…我以为它不是红色就是黑色。
Wait, I had chips on... Well, I thought it had to be either red or black.
数字是零,夫人。是绿色的。
The number is zero, madam. It's green.
打扰一下,女士。
Excuse me, lady.
有你的电♥话♥。
There's a telephone call for you.
给我吗?怎么会有呢?
For me? How could there be?
在办公室。
In the office.
可能是长途电♥话♥什么的。
It's probably a long-distance call or something.
从芝加哥吗?
From Chicago?
嗯。伟大的城市,芝加哥。
Hmm. Great town, Chicago.
“世界上的屠夫。”
"Hog butcher of the world,"
就像诗人说的。
like the poet says.
这是弹簧锁。你为什么不上来呢?
It's a snap lock. Why don't you come up?
这是怎么回事?
What's this all about?
嗯,我自己也不太清楚……然而。
Hmm, I'm not sure I know myself... Yet.
坐下来。
Sit down.
是吗?
Yes?
是的。
Yes.
这是带你进来的那个平面数字。
This is that flat-faced number that showed you in.
他的名字叫巴基。
His name is barky.
他围捕不受欢迎的人,驱逐外星人。
He rounds up undesirables and deports aliens.
是吗?
Yeah?
不。
No.
我属于你朋友的哪一类?
Which of your friend's categories do I fall into?
你听起来不像外星人,我得承认你看起来也不招人待见。
Well, you don't sound like an alien, and I'll have to admit you don't look undesirable.
这样的话,如果你不介意的话…巴奇来自底特律,他似乎就是不明白赌博在内华达州是合法的。
Well, in that case, if you don't mind... Barky's from Detroit, and he just can't seem to get it through his head that gambling's legal in Nevada.
看来你让他紧张了。
It seems you made him nervous.
我想不出是怎么回事。
I can't think how.
他说你同时在玩黑和红。
He said you were playing black and red at the same time.
-这是什么系统吗?-这在内华达州是违法的吗?
- Is that some system? - Is that illegal in Nevada?
哦,不。我们喜欢有体系的人。
Oh, no. We love people with systems.
但是拿着相机的人…我们对它们感到好奇。
But people with cameras... We wonder about them.
嘿,这是个棘手的小数字。
Hey, that's a tricky little number.
不!
Don't!
不要打开它。你会毁了这部电影的!
Don't open it. You'll ruin the film!
嗯,没错。
Well, exactly.
我有种奇怪的感觉有人偷♥拍♥我的顾客。
I've a funny feeling about people sneaking pictures of my patrons.
这很容易演变成勒索。
It might so easily turn into blackmail.
什么?
What?
难道你就没想过吗?
Or hadn't that occurred to you?
碰巧我是个游客。
It so happens I'm a tourist.
我喜欢拍照。
I like to take pictures.
嗯,现在我,我喜欢带游客,但严格来说是诚实的。
Hmm, now me, I like to take tourists, but strictly on the up and up.
没有任何伪装。
电影精选列表