Think she can win Saturday?
她可以跑过整个场地。
She can run over the whole field.
你只要一声令下。
You just give me the word.
我会告诉你的。来吧,我们最好快点。
I'll let you know. Come on, we better hurry.
让她冷静下来,强尼。待会儿见。
Cool her off, Johnny. I'll see you later.
有什么好消息吗?
What's the good word?
说,这就够了。
Say, that's good enough.
-周六,科里根?-当然,为什么不呢?
- Saturday, corrigan? - Sure, why not?
周六你可以让她一直出去。
You can let her all the way out on Saturday.
跟强尼说去吧。
Tell that to Johnny.
我今天就把她送去赛马场。
I'll Van her over to the track today.
-好了,就这样了。我们还在等什么?
- Okay, this is it. - What are we waiting for?
-我们开始吧。-我们什么都不开始。
- Let's get started. - We start nothing.
所有的东西都要冷冻到星期六。
Everything's on ice till Saturday.
当然,查克。我只是以为……别这么想,它会让你病得很重。
Sure, Chuck. I only thought... Don't think, it can make you very sick.
-有什么好笑的?-闭嘴!
- What's so funny? - Shut up!
我告诉过你该做什么,我再告诉你一次。
I told you what to do once, I'll tell you again.
周六,下班前20分钟我们才下注。
We make no bets till 20 minutes before post time, Saturday, none.
也不跟当地任何博♥彩♥公♥司♥打赌。
And no bets with any of the local books.
没有人去跑道,没有人,明白了吗?
And nobody goes to the track, nobody, is that clear?
赔率应该是30比1。
The odds ought to come in at 30 to one.
如果我们耍聪明,他们就会待在那里。
If we play it smart, they'll stay there.
好吧,我们聪明点。
All right, let's play it smart.
在被不该看到我们的人发现之前,我们赶紧离开这里。
Let's get out of here before somebody sees us who shouldn't.
对,就是今天。它在包里。
Yeah, today's the day. It's in the bag.
记住,查理,下赌注的时间越近越好。
Remember, Charlie, place your bets as close to post time as you can.
慢慢开始,慢慢展开。
Start slow and spread 'em thin.
看看是谁。
See who that is.
帮我接好莱坞,洛杉矶7-6-7-0。
Get me Hollywood, 7-6-7-0, Los Angeles.
约翰·埃文斯的个人电♥话♥。
Person-to-person to John Evans.
-布斯太太?——是的。
- Mrs. boothe? - Yes.
前台认为这可能很重要。
Desk thought this might be important.
哦,稍等一下。
Oh, just a minute.
它好像跟了你大半个国家。
It looks as if it followed you halfway across country.
-谢谢。-谢谢。
- Thank you. - Thank you.
杰克,你好吗?科里根。
Hello, Jack? Corrigan.
没错,就是今天。
That's right, today.
第七场比赛,第五场,"快乐女孩"
Seventh race, number five, "happy girl."
哦,大概是30比1。
Oh, probably about 30 to one.
西雅图,华盛顿。
Seattle, Washington.
乔治·斯旺,缅因州,2-4-7-9,
Uh, George swan, Maine, 2-4-7-9,
好吧,继续努力。给我回电♥话♥。
Well, keep trying. Call me back.
看起来官方。
Looks official.
它是。
It is.
——嗯…-还给我,科里根
- Well... - Give it back to me, corrigan.
所以他决定他不喜欢扮演丈夫了,是吗?
So he's decided he doesn't like playing husband after all, huh?
我不是这么读的。
That isn't the way I read it.
你好,乔治?
Hello, George?
好吧,快点,好吗?这很重要。
Well, hurry it up, will you? It's important.
你怎么读它?
How do you read it?
-你要去哪里?——出来。
- Where are you going? - Out.
-哪里?-这有什么区别?
- Out where? - What difference does it make?
去美容院修指甲。
To the beauty parlor to get a manicure.
好吧,留下来吧。
Well, stick around.
我帮你看一下那些文件。
I'll look over those papers for you.
嘿,那个臭女人走了。
Hey, there goes that boothe dame.
-你确定?-当然,我确定。
- Are you sure? - Sure I'm sure.
你以为我是什么?不确定吗?
What do you think I am? Not sure?
让我们看看她会怎么做。
Let's see what she's gonna do.
5号♥有两个。
Two on number five.
她在第五题上输了2个c。
She's down for two cs on number five.
请问是什么号♥码?
What number, please?
五个
Five.
"快乐女孩"那是她自己的唠叨。
"Happy girl," that's her own nag.
嘿,那匹马不像。她应该知道这一点。
Hey, that horse don't figure. She ought to know that.
什么号♥码?
What number?
放轻松,伙计。你哪儿也去不了。
Take it easy, bud. You ain't going noplace.
是啊,但如果真是这样,她也应该知道。
Yeah, but if it did figure, she ought to know that, too.
几率有多大?
What are the odds?
30比1。
30 to one.
30比1。你有钱吗?
30 to one. You got any money?
你在开玩笑吗?
Are you kidding?
但我认识几个人。
But I know a couple of guys who have.
仔细想想,我也是。
Come to think of it, so do I.
嘿,看第五个。
Hey, look at number five.
这么少的钱不可能是垃圾钱。
A drop like that couldn't be sucker money.
不,太快了。
No, it's too fast.
你认为值得买♥♥入吗?
You think it's worth buying in?
这没什么坏处。来吧。
It can't hurt. Come on.
是5号♥。那是什么马?
Number five. What horse is that?
“快乐女生”。还没看进去。
"Happy girl." Hasn't got a look in.
肯定有人知道些什么。
Well, somebody must know something.
在围场里有一些谈话。
There was some talk down at the paddock.
我就喜欢这种不太可能成功的方法。
That's the kind of a long shot I like.
现在越过终点线,快乐女孩领先一段。
Now crossing the finish line, it's happy girl by a length.
谢尔比第二站在外面。
Shelby second on the outside.
奢侈的,第三个,两个长度,第四个头。
Extravagant, third, by two lengths, and pick 'em up fourth by a head.
“快乐女孩”是获胜者,在早上排队的队伍中,由于不可思议的资金涌入,赔率从30提高到1,最终以8:5的比分结束了比赛。
Happy girl, the winner, closed at eight to five after an unaccountable stampede of money pushed the odds from 30 to one in the morning line...
接线员,我要打给芝加哥。
Operator, I want to call Chicago.
《先驱晨报》的城市室
The city room of the "morning herald,"
一个人对一个人给大卫·布斯。
person-to-person to David boothe.
谢谢你!
Thank you.
喂?是的。
Hello? Yes.
你好,大卫?这是琼。
Hello, David? It's Joan.
是的,就在今天。所以我才打电♥话♥给你。
Yes, just today. That's why I called.
它一直跟着我,我不能让你以为我忽略了它。
It's been following me around and I couldn't let you think I'd ignored it.
不,还没有,但如果你想的话我会的。
No, not yet, but I will if that's what you want.
我今天就签。
I'll sign them today.
哦,不,大卫。不,这不是我想要的,但是…哦,我也不知道,亲爱的。
Oh, no, David. No, it's not what I want, but... Oh, neither do I, darling.
什么?不。
What? No.
不,你不能。
No, you mustn't.
我不能回家了,大卫。还没有。
Well, I can't come home, David. Not yet.
不,不是因为我不…
No, it's not because I don't...
不。不,我还在这里。
No. No, I'm still here.
大卫,我会打电♥话♥给…
David, I'll call...
你在哪里修的指甲?
Where do you get your manicures?
干得真差劲,亲爱的。
Very inferior work, honey.
放轻松,恰克。我来处理。
Take it easy, Chuck. I'll handle this.
当然,你处理得很好。
Sure, you handled this great.
你也应该让她远离赛道的。
You were supposed to keep her away from the track, too.
200块赌快乐女孩赢。
200 bucks on happy girl, to win.
好吧,好吧。够了!
All right, all right. That's enough!
这可能会产生很大的噪音。
This could make a very loud noise.
走吧,伙计,走一走。我们以后再解决。
Go on, fella, walk it off. We'll settle this later.
把东西扔进袋子里,琼。
Throw some things into a bag, Joan.
我们最好去旅行。
We better take a little trip.
我们离开酒店后你就没说过一句话。
You haven't said a word since we left the hotel.
有什么好说的?
What's there to say?
我不知道我怎么了。
I don't know what got into me.
我当时一定是疯了。
I must have been out of my mind.
他们可能会杀了你。
They might have killed you.
跳过它,它结束了。
Skip it, it's finished.
我们为什么停下来?
Why are we stopping?
到此为止了。
This is the end of the line.
再见,琼。
So long, Joan.
什么意思?我以为我们…你觉得怎么样?我真的很想知道。
What do you mean? I thought we... What did you think? I'd really like to know.
好吧,我告诉你我的想法。
Well, t'll tell you what I think.
你输定了,宝贝,这是我这行的人承受不起的。
You're a lost cause, baby, and that's one thing a guy in my business can't afford.
我花了很长时间,戴了几个兜帽才把这句话灌输到我的厚脑袋里。
It took a long time and a couple of hoods to beat that into my thick head.
但今天对所有人来说都是个大日子。
But today was a big day all around.
这就是吻别。
电影精选列表