Yeah, well, I'll take that as a personal compliment.
你看起来很安静。
You seem pretty quiet.
你不是怀恨在心吧?
Not holding a grudge, are you?
我应该害怕吗?
Should I be?
好吧,恐怕我昨晚有点没礼貌。
Well, I'm afraid I was a little bad-mannered last night.
你的举止似乎和平常没什么两样。
Your manners seem much the same as usual.
我想补偿你。
I'd like to make it up to you.
这几乎没有必要也不可能。
That's hardly necessary or possible.
再来点咖啡,露丝?
More coffee, Ruth?
我给你拿点新鲜的。服务员。
Well, let me get you some fresh. Waiter.
让我再喝点咖啡,还有……如果你今晚有空的话,我家有一场私人游戏。
Let me have more coffee and... If you're free this evening, there's going to be a private game at my place.
不限注螺栓。
No-limit stud.
真是个好主意。琼不打牌。
What an idea. Joan doesn't play cards.
真奇怪,你居然邀请我。
This is peculiar, your inviting me.
从达拉斯来的三四个先生。
Three or four gentlemen from Dallas.
非常中年,非常优雅,非常富有。
Very middle-aged, very refined, and very wealthy.
我以为你会装扮一下游戏。
I thought you might dress up the game.
——如何?-当然是玩了
- How? - Oh, by playing, of course.
我该用什么来换钱呢?
And what would I use for money?
钱。我的。
Money. Mine.
当然,我敢打赌。
Naturally, I'd stake you.
你赢了什么就拿20%
You get 20% of anything you won.
好好想想。
Think it over.
你不必现在就做决定。
You don't have to decide this minute.
谢谢你,科里根先生。
Thank you, Mr. corrigan.
我发现我不喜欢赌博。
I find I don't care for gambling.
这里又吵又乱,而且……只是有点脏。
It's noisy and confusing and... just a little dirty.
啊,我们到了。
Ah, here we are.
为了庆祝你今天的到来,露丝。
In honor of your arrival today, Ruth.
我可以叫你露丝吗,露丝?
May I call you Ruth, Ruth?
如果你愿意的话。
If you like.
敬两位迷人的女士,露丝和琼。
To two very charming ladies, Ruth and Joan.
叫露丝,叫露丝,不叫琼,叫琼,很难。
It's hard to call Ruth, Ruth, and not call Joan, Joan.
你真是太好了,呃…你得原谅我,露丝,我从不允许任何人叫我的名字。
That's very kind of you, uh... You'll have to forgive me, Ruth, but I never allow anyone to use my first name.
我必须说,这很奇怪。
That's very strange, I must say.
哦,不,不是。名字叫贺拉斯。
Oh, no, it isn't. The name is Horace.
琼,求你了,别这么粗鲁。
Joan, please, don't be rude.
我很抱歉。我非常抱歉。
I'm sorry. I'm terribly sorry.
毕竟,这个名字没什么好笑的。
After all, there's nothing very funny about the name.
谢谢你,露丝。
Thank you, Ruth.
我第一眼看到你就知道你很可爱。
I knew you were sweet the minute I saw you.
我们跳这支舞好吗?
Shall we have this dance?
我很乐意。
I'd love it.
那是在……哦,我相信琼不会介意的。
That is if... Oh, I'm sure Joan won't mind.
你愿意吗,琼?
Will you, Joan?
不。当然不是。
No. Of course not.
-你确定?——当然。
- Are you sure? - Certainly.
这不是很有趣吗?
Isn't this funny?
我在外面陪着琼,她来陪我了。
I stayed out here to chaperone Joan, and here she is chaperoning me.
一点都不好笑。这正是它应该有的样子。
Not funny at all. It's exactly as it should be.
哦,那是胡说八道,纯粹是胡说八道。
Oh, that's nonsense, just plain nonsense.
为什么?
Why?
如果我只在今晚见他呢?
What if I did only meet him tonight?
我非常喜欢他。
I liked him very much.
他喜欢我。
And he liked me.
哦,露丝。
Oh, Ruth.
别跟我说“哦,露丝”。
Don't "oh, Ruth" me.
天晓得你没必要嫉妒。
Heaven knows you've got no need to be jealous.
你有大卫。
You've got David.
亲爱的,你这是在胡说八道。
You're not making very much sense, darling.
你喝了太多白兰地。
You drank too much Brandy.
我想去,现在看看我们。
I wanted to go, and now look at us.
我们不得不在9点半就上♥床♥睡觉,而不是在米德湖上乘船兜风。
Instead of a wonderful boat ride on lake mead, we have to go to bed at half past 9:00.
哦,住嘴,露丝。
Oh, cut it out, Ruth.
如果一个男人对我有一点点兴趣,你就受不了了,是吗?
You can't stand it, can you, if a man shows the slightest interest in me.
你能吗?
Can you?
要我告诉你我们跳舞时他对我说了什么吗?
Shall I tell you what he said to me while we were dancing?
不,请。
No, please.
他说我跳得很美。
He said I danced beautifully.
他不相信我比你大八岁。
He refused to believe that I was eight years older than you.
你还是婴儿的时候我就把你养大了,因为你出生的时候妈妈就去世了……别说了,露丝。阻止它。
And that I raised you from when you were a baby because mother died when you were born... Stop it, Ruth. Stop it.
我不会告诉你他说的其他事情,因为我觉得我不应该告诉你。
And I won't tell you the other things he said, 'cause I don't think I should.
我不记得有过比这更美好的夜晚了。
I don't remember when I've had a lovelier evening.
露丝……你不是爱上科里根先生了吧?
Ruthie... You're not getting a crush on Mr. corrigan, are you?
如果我是呢?这关你什么事?
What if I am? What business is it of yours?
相信我,亲爱的,我不是嫉妒。
Oh, believe me, darling, I'm not being jealous.
只是我…我不想再让你受伤了。
It's just that I... Well, I don't want you to get hurt again.
我就知道。
I knew it.
我知道你是这么想的。
I knew that's what you were thinking.
你凭什么确定我会受伤?
What makes you so sure I'll be hurt?
也许他确实觉得我很有魅力。
Maybe he does find me attractive.
这真的不可能吗?是吗?是吗?
Is that so impossible? Is it? Is it?
我可没这么说。
I didn't say that.
就因为我没结过婚,你就认为我没有机会吗?
Just because I never got married, do you think I didn't have any chances?
乔·马修斯呢?
What about Joe Matthews?
他非常想娶我,而我才18岁。
He was dying to marry me, and I was only 18.
是的,我知道,我知道。
Yes, I know, I know.
但我手上有你,一个讨厌的瘦骨嶙峋的小屁孩。
But I had you on my hands, a nasty, skinny little brat.
如果我有点理智,我就会把你送到养老院去。
If I'd had any sense, I would have put you in a home somewhere.
请,亲爱的……那样我就不用像个傻子一样站在这里被我亲妹妹嘲笑了。
Please, darling... Then I wouldn't have to stand here like a fool and be laughed at by my own sister.
露丝,开门,我有话跟你说。
Ruth, open the door, I want to talk to you.
请露丝。
Ruth, please.
回答我。
Answer me.
发牌给我。
Deal me out.
好。贫民窟,布斯太太?
Well. Slumming, Mrs. boothe?
-我可以进来吗?-有多深?
- May I come in? - How far in?
我接受你的邀请。
I'm accepting your invitation.
你负担得起吗?这是一个相当大的收♥购♥。
Can you afford it? It's a pretty steep buy-in.
这就是你的问题,不是吗?
That's your problem, isn't it?
你觉得你能忍♥受噪音、混乱和肮脏吗?
Think you can stand the noise, confusion, and dirt?
我道歉。
I apologize.
把这些放在你的钱包里。
Put these in your purse.
喂?
Hello?
你好,露丝。这是大卫。
Hello, Ruth. It's David.
就在盐湖外,在这里过夜。
Just outside salt lake, spent the night here.
喂,把琼叫醒,好吗?我想和她谈谈。
Say, wake up Joan, will you? I want to talk to her.
好吧。
All right.
她不在这里,大卫。我不知道她在哪里。
She's not here, David. I don't know where she is.
听着,露丝,别再闹了。
Now, look, Ruth, don't start up that stuff again.
我想和她谈谈。
I want to talk to her.
不,这是真的。她的床还没睡过。
No, it's true. Her bed hasn't been slept in.
现在几点了?
What time is it?
喂?大卫吗?
Hello? David?
喂?
Hello?
你的交易。
Your deal.
白天,我没有意识到。
Daylight, I didn't realize.
-你的交易,布斯太太-对不起。
- Your deal, Mrs. boothe. - I'm sorry.
我累得都不想看牌了。
I'm too tired to even see the cards.
-等一下…-听着,伙计们。
- Now, wait a minute... - Listen, fellas.
现在是五点半,我是个上班族。
It's 5:30 and I'm a working man.
如果你们还想再来一次,你们知道去哪找我。
You gentlemen know where to find me if you want another session.
但我已经减了一万多次了。
But I've dropped over 10,000.
如果你继续玩,你会再丢10。
And if you keep playing, you'll drop another ten.
对不起,我不能帮你。
I'm sorry, I can't oblige you.
我不想在你还有钱的时候这么做。
I hate to do this while you still got some money left.
- 425。- 425。
- 425. - 425.
这位女士要倒下了。
The lady's ready to fall.
- 6♥4♥0。- 6♥4♥0。
- 6♥4♥0. - 6♥4♥0.
等等,布斯太太。
Wait a minute, Mrs. boothe.
我送孩子们出去后就跟你算帐。
I'll settle up with you as soon as I show the boys out.
你是个很棒的小牌手,琼。
电影精选列表