亲爱的路易斯
Dear Lewis:
展信佳 给你寄了一张
Enclosed, please find one bus ticket
前往密歇根州的车票和两银元路费
and two silver dollars for your trip to Michigan.
你痛失双亲 我感到很难过
I'm really sorry about the loss of your parents.
你的妈妈是我的姐姐 所以我们是一家人
Your mom was my sister, so that makes you family.
我会努力让你在这里找到家的感觉
And I'll do my best to make you feel right at home.
爱因斯坦说过 生命就就像一辆自行车
As Einstein said, life is like a bicycle.
要保持平衡 你必须不停前进
To stay balanced, you got to keep moving forward.
我们也是
And so will we.
我很期待与你的见面
I look forward to meeting you.
你的舅舅乔纳森
Your Uncle Jonathan.
附 抱歉信上有污渍
P.S. Sorry for the stain on the letter.
那是巧克力
That's chocolate.
爸爸 妈妈 你们在吗
Mom, Dad, are you there?
我会没事吧
Am I gonna be okay?
"不确定"
"Cannot say."
要给查理买♥♥一辆自行车作生日礼物
Gonna buy Charlie a bike for his birthday.
他肯定会很喜欢
Oh, he's gonna love it.
爱玛·简 公交车到了
Emma Jean, bus is here.
终点站 新西伯德到了
Last stop, New Zebedee.
拜托
Oh, come on.
别还没见到我就不小心把自己弄死了
Don't kill yourself before I've had a chance to meet you.
路易斯
Lewis?
我是你的乔纳森舅舅
I'm your Uncle Jonathan.
你穿的是一件袍子吗
Are you wearing a robe?
这是和服
It's a kimono.
来 我帮你
Here, let me help you with that.
天啊 你都装了什么 整套百科全书吗
Oh! Good Lord, what do you got in this thing, encyclopedias?
字典
Dictionaries.
原来你是认真的
Oh, you're serious.
我喜欢生词
I like new words.
我认为它们非常引人入胜
I think they're very pulchritudinous.
欢迎来到新西伯德
Well, welcome to New Zebedee.
或者我应该说"敬礼"
Or should I say "Salutations"?
你可以查查这个词
You can look that one up.
我知道"敬礼"的意思
I know what "Salutations" Means.
很聪明嘛
Oh. Smart kid.
我们马上就能到家吗
Uh, do you think that we're gonna be home soon?
《午夜队长》马上就要开始了
'Cause the Captain Midnight show's almost on.
不用担心 我没有电视
Uh, you don't have to worry about that. I don't have a TV.
但我今晚有个大牌局 你想玩可以一起
But I do have a big poker game tonight, if you want to join.
你玩吗
Do you play?
不 我才十岁
Uh, no. I'm ten.
明白了
Duly noted.
我们到了
Ah. Here we are.
不好意思
Excuse me.
马金斯·西蒙
The Muggins Simoon.
门把手不牢
Temperamental door handle.
上车吧
Hop in.
好了
Here we go.
小心脚
Watch your tootsies.
好了 到了
All right, here we are.
你可以下车了
You can get out here.
来
Here we go.
家 甜蜜的家
Home, sweet home.
你喜欢...
Do you like...
万圣节吗
Halloween?
不 我一年到头都会摆放这些南瓜
Oh, no, I keep those up year round.
巴纳维尔先生
Mr. Barnavelt!
来 宝贝
Come on, darling.
好狗狗
Yes. Good puppy.
巴纳维尔先生
Mr. Barnavelt!
汉切特太太
Ah, Mrs. Hanchett.
橘子酱
Marmalade.
你穿的是袍子吗
Is that a robe?
这是和服
It's a kimono.
你又开始吹你的萨克斯风了
You've been playing your saxophone again.
太太 不是每个人都能欣赏
Madame, not everyone can appreciate the intricacies
随性爵士乐之美的
of a free-form jazz odyssey.
我不管你吹的是什么
I don't care what you play.
你是在凌晨三点吹的
You're playing at 3:00 in the morning,
所以我求你...这是谁
so I'm begging you... Who is this?
这是路易斯 我侄子
Oh, this is Lewis, my nephew.
他要来和我一起住
He'll be living with me.
你竟然要
You're responsible
抚养一个正常的小孩
for keeping a human child alive?
没错
That's right.
晚安
Good evening.
这边 路易斯
This way, Lewis.
我会尽量在凌晨三点时小声点 但是
I'll try to keep it down 3:00 A.M., but, uh...
那是我的最佳爵士时间
them's my best jammin' hours.
我们到了
And here we are.
你...
Wow. You've...
好多钟
That's a lot of clocks.
"多"其实是一个很主观的概念
Well, what constitutes "a lot" is really a matter of personal taste.
对我来说 这么多钟刚刚好
For me, it's a perfect amount of clocks.
抱歉
Oh, sorry.
那里有一台有故障的布谷鸟钟
There's a deranged cuckoo in there.
你的棘轮坏了
Your ratchet wheel's shot,
棘轮弹簧也不大行了
and the click spring's not far behind.
你好 你应该是路易斯吧
Hello. You're Lewis, I presume.
一路上还好吗
How was your trip?
这个老巫婆是我的邻居
This old hag is my next-door neighbor,
佛罗伦萨·齐默曼夫人
Mrs. Florence Zimmerman.
我很欣慰你没有遗传你舅舅的
I am relieved to see you didn't inherit your uncle's
硕大无比的脑袋
freakishly oversized head.
而你自己长得就像一根棉签
Says the woman who literally looks like a Q-tip.
看 大脑袋生气了
Oh, look, the giant head is angry.
天啊 那具紫色的骷髅刚刚说话了吗
My God, did that withered purple skeleton just speak?
认识你很高兴
It's nice to meet you.
-路易斯 你饿了吗 -嗯
- Lewis, are you hungry? - Yes, please.
佛罗伦萨 我带路易斯去他的房♥间
Florence, I'm gonna show Lewis to his room.
你能不能行行好
For once in your life, could you
干点有用的事情 变出一炉
make yourself useful and whip up a batch
那种巧克力饼干
of those chocolate chip cookies?
你想怎么吃呢 先生
And how would you like them, sir?
一个一个塞进你的喉咙
Stuffed down your throat one by one
还是碾碎后塞进你的屁♥股♥里
or crumbled up and shoved into your pants?
别理他 路易斯 她觉得自己文凭比我高
Ignore her, Lewis. She thinks she's smarter than me
就比我更加聪明
because she's got more college degrees.
不 我觉得我比你聪明
No, I think I'm smarter than you
是因为我就是比你聪明
because I'm smarter than you.
但是 乔纳森舅舅
But, Uncle Jonathan?
我不是应该先吃晚饭
Don't I have to have dinner
才能吃饼干吗
before I'm allowed to have cookies?
为什么不晚饭直接就吃饼干呢
Well, why not just eat cookies for dinner?
饼干美味多了
They're far more delicious.
我知道 但是我们家里有规矩
I know. It's just, we had these house rules.
这房♥子里没有规矩
Well, not in this house.
没有固定的上♥床♥时间 洗澡时间或用餐时间
There's no bedtime, bath time or mealtime.
你可以吃饼干吃到吐 随便你
You can eat cookies till you throw up, for all I care.
你以后就知道了 这里
You'll see-- things are...
很不一样
quite different here.
-都是我的吗 -都是你的
- All mine? - All yours.
不过 我不明白你为什么有个这玩意
Although, why this is yours, I have no idea.
你应该知道这玩意根本不是真正的魔法吧
You know it's about the complete opposite of real magic.
这是我父母给我的最后一样东西...
Well, it's the last thing my parents gave to me
在...
before the...
车祸之前
...the car crash.
我...对不起
I'm... sorry.
电影精选列表