and that's even more of a reason
要处理这危害的。。。
to remove this damaging...
威廉·欧内斯特已经跟随我
William Ernest has been with me
将近一年半了
for going on nearly a year and a half.
他一定行的 我知道他会的
He's going to make it. I know he will.
有时候 埃利斯先生
Sometimes, Mr. Ellis,
你要用脚跟行走 你才会偏好脚趾
you have to walk on your heel to favor your toe,
即使你明白你的脚根
even though you know your heel's
会受到一点损伤
going to get a little sore.
总得有人要偏好基里
Well, somebody's got to favor Gilly.
她姗姗来迟
She's long overdue,
而我不会将我的名字列入一群
and I am not going to add my name to the list of people
让她失望的人
who failed her.
天知道我几乎快断气了 当我发现她离家出走
God knows I just about died when I found out she'd gone.
说真的 或许为了这两个孩子 我们应该考虑一个转换
Be honest, should we consider a change, maybe for both kids?
两个孩子 是的
Both? Yes.
我们正在讨论当前的状况
We were just discussing the present situation,
并不是乐观的状况
which is not a good one.
而我已经说明了
And I was explaining
孩子有时候会犯一些错
how sometimes children make mistakes.
照我看来 太多了 然而 埃利斯先生 你知道吗
Too many, in my opinion. And Mr. Ellis, you know,
他是。。。 他愿意给你另一个机会
he was... he's willing to give you another chance.
其实。。。 感恩节
Actually... With Thanksgiving
的到来和一切 还有假期
coming and everything, and the holidays.
假期不该是。。。
The holidays should not...
如果你愿意留下来陪我和威廉·欧内斯特
If you'd like to stay here with me and William Ernest,
那 好吧
well, that's just fine.
那我的亲生母亲呢
What about my real mother?
她要我到加利福尼亚州
She wants me to come to California.
如果你是指那个明信片
If you're referring to the postcard,
那可是这三四年来的第一封
that's the first one in three or four years.
如果你的母亲真的想要你去她那里。。。
If your mother really wanted you there with her...
她这次不一样了 我知道
She's different this time. I know it.
她正在等着我 她要我过去
She's waiting for me. She wants me to come.
她这么说的
She said so.
如果她晓得你。。。
If she'd known you...
如果她晓得她的女孩儿是个怎样的人
If she "knowed" what a girl she has,
她马上就来这里
she'd be here in a minute.
警方说你有
The police said you had
大约100美元在你身上 在巴士站
well over a $100 with you at the bus station.
我很难置信那是你拥有的现金
I have trouble believing that was your own money.
所以 我称那拿他人的钱为偷窃
So, I call taking someone else's money stealing.
我们也一样 埃利斯先生
So do we, Mr. Ellis.
你一定认为这不是初犯
Surely you don't think this is the first time
类似的事情一定也曾经发生
something like this has happened
在我身上 这20年来
to me over 20 years?
不 一点也没有 好吧 不如将这件事
No, not at all. Well, then how about
交给我处理 我不是不信任你
trusting me to handle it? It's not you I don't trust.
我必须从基里口中亲耳听见
I need to hear it from Gilly.
我可以信任你吗
Can I trust you?
是
Yes.
特罗特小姐
Miss Trotter,
违背着我的判断
against my better judgment,
我会等到感恩节结束为止
I will wait till after Thanksgiving.
过后我们会继续探讨这问题 明白吗
But after that we will revisit this, understand?
我倒希望特罗特的反应像你一样
I sure wish Trotter reacted like you did.
她做了一个巨大的家务表
She's made up this huge chart for chores
为了要我弥补 所花掉的钱
to make up for the money I spent
我所买♥♥的食物和零食
on food and junk I bought.
为了家务 我一小时得到的支付是那一丁点的25仙
For housework, I get paid a measly 25 cents an hour.
简直是奴隶劳动
That's slave labor.
哦 对不起关于奴隶的事
Oh, sorry about that slave thing.
我相信特罗特小姐
I believe that miss Trotter
觉得付款应该等同于
feels that the payment should equate
惩罚
with the punishment.
如果她支付你很多
If she pays you a lot,
这就不是惩罚了 不是吗
it wouldn't feel like punishment, would it?
是吧 我想
Yeah, I guess.
但是你知道吗
But you know what?
一小时得到的75仙 我可以帮忙 W.E.
For 75 cents an hour, I could help W.E.
完成他的学校作业
With his schoolwork.
自然而然 我和W.E.相处的时间也越多
And naturally I'd be spending a lot more time with W.E.
自然而然
Naturally.
那只是扫帚 傻瓜
It's just the broom, goofy.
听着 当有人打你 你会怎么做
Listen, what are you going to do when somebody socks you?
我不会打你 笨蛋
I'm not going to hit you, silly.
难道你想一辈子
Are you going to go through life
都让人作弄你吗
letting people pick on you?
我要教你如何打架
I'm going to teach you how to fight.
你听闻过 我如何打倒6个男孩子
You hear about how I fought six boys
在学校里 自身单手吗
at school all by myself?
那么 在我还没有帮你
Well, before I get through with you,
你要照着我做
you're going to do the same thing.
首先 当有人对你大声嚷嚷
So, first thing, when somebody yells at you,
你要昂首挺胸
you got to stand tall.
看到吗 他们可能根本不想打你
See, they might not even want to hit you.
昂首挺胸 深呼吸 然后说
Stand tall, take a deep breath and say,
不要挡着我的去路
"get the hell out of my way!"
试一试
Try it.
我的去路
Hell's my way.
不 跟着我
No, just follow me.
不要。。。 不要。。。
Get the... Get the...
挡着。。。 挡着。。。
hell... Hell...
我的去路 我的去路
out of my way! Out of my way.
现在将你的心声呐喊
Now yell it like you mean it,
喊出前所未有的响声
louder than you've ever yelled in your life.
不要挡着我的去路
Get the hell out my way!
特罗特 我不会教导他如何推倒别人
Trotter, I'm not going to teach him how to push on people,
只是如何捍卫他自己
just how to stand up for himself.
如果他知道如何读书
If he knows how to read
和如何自我防卫
and how to stick up for himself,
他会没事的
he'll be okay.
哦
Oh.
哦 我知道你不允许亲吻
Oh, I know you don't allow kissing,
可是有时候我会被牵引然后就失常
but sometimes I just haul off and go crazy.
别担心这个
Don't worry about it.
来吧 W.E.
Come on, W.E.
下一次 我会教你
Next time I'm going to teach you
踢小腿
a shin kick.
嘿
Hey.
我不会再做额外学分的活了
I'm not doing extra credit anymore.
是啊 我知道
Yeah, I know.
我只想跟你说谢谢 帮我赶上进度
I just wanted to say thank you for helping me catch up,
虽然我可能派不上用场 数学
not that I'm ever going to use it, the math.
无论如何 谢了
But thanks anyway.
不用客气
You're welcome.
伦道夫先生
Mr. Randolph?
你好
Hello?
不好意思 基里小姐 已经是晚餐的时间了吗
I'm sorry, miss Gilly, is it suppertime already?
是的
Yeah.
你还好吗
Are you okay?
哦 我很好
Oh, I'm all right.
只是有点不舒服
Just a little under the weather,
我想
I guess.
那是谁
Who's that?
这是陪伴我44年 我完美的妻子
This was my wonderful wife of 44 years.
当我第一次遇见玛丽
When I first met miss Mary,
她是在脱衣俱乐部的一名舞者
she was a dancer in a burlesque club.
她是跳脱衣舞的吗
She was a stripper?
不 脱衣舞♥女♥
No. Exotic dancer.
那时代 这用词有一点点的不同
电影精选列表