做得好
Well done.
谢谢
Thank you.
莱克斯
Lex.
哦天呐
Holy shit.
你还好吗?
Are you okay?
嗨
Hi.
你看起来
You look.
你为什么看起来不一样?
Why do you look different?
你戴着
Are you wearing.
你戴着假发吗?
Are you wearing a wig?
没有
No.
这就是我的样子
This is what I look like.
没有化妆
No make-up.
没有定型
No blow-drying.
没有拉直然后重新卷曲
No straightening and then re-curling.
没有晒黑
No tanning.
没有假睫毛
No false lashes.
只是一点
Just a couple.
我无法完全摘去
I couldn't get them all off.
没有假指甲
No nails.
什么都没有
Nothing.
嗯
Um.
你被驱逐了吗?
Were you evicted?
不 嗯 我
No, um, I.
我只想告诉你我可以停止
I just wanted to show you that I can stop
所有这些东西 你知道 我可以停下来
all of this stuff, you know and I can stop
试图一直改变你 呃
trying to change you all the time, uh.
亚当 我知道这感觉很可怕
Adam, I know it feels terrible.
嗯 我的母亲 你见过面 一位非常可爱的女士
Um, my mother, you have met, a very lovely lady.
但她批评了我这一生 嗯
But she criticized me my entire life and, um.
嗯 我猜 我不知道 我猜
Well, I guess that I, I don't know, I guess.
我 我有点明白了 嗯
I, I kind of caught it, um.
而且 嗯 认真地 我想当你
And, um, I honestly thought that when you
爱上一个 你应该去
love someone that you were supposed to
试着改善他们 或者 改变
try to improve them, this, the and change.
我不知道
I don't know.
我以为你改变他们
I thought you change them.
你也就改变了自己
You change yourself.
你为什么 为什么要这样做?
Why would you, why would you do that?
瞧 我现在看起来很吓人
Look, this, I look hideous right now,
你看起来并不吓人
You do not look hideous.
不 我是的
No, I am.
我刚刚在镜子里看着自己
I've just looked at myself in the mirror.
这令人震惊
And it's a shocker.
我知道我的样子
I know what I look like.
如果你没有把那些乱七八糟的东西抹在头发上
If you didn't put all that shit in your hair
还有你的脸上
and on your face.
我知道
I know.
我从来没有注意到你有雀斑
I've never noticed you have freckles.
它们看起来 它们太可爱了
They look, they're so cute.
它 它们是雀斑 也是阳光的伤害 我
It, it's, they're freckles and it's sun damage as well, I.
是的 我有一些 我做了 做了一点激光
Yeah, I did, I had some, did a bit of laser
然后 我没有抹防晒霜
and then it, I didn't do the sunscreen
它们又回来了 我弄得更糟了
and they kind of came back and I made it worse.
嗯 无论如何 我一直认为我必须这样做
Um, anyway, I always thought that I had to
掩盖它们 变得完美
cover them up to be perfect for.
为你而完美
To be perfect for you.
我希望这不是因为我
I hope that didn't come from me.
我从不希望你有这种感觉
I never want you to feel that way.
你没有
You didn't.
我不知道为什么我这么想
I don't know why I thought that.
看看你
Look at you.
你看 你看起来像个温迪丝女孩
You look, you look like the Wendy's girl.
温迪是谁?
Who's Wendy?
温迪丝女孩扎着辫子
The Wendy's girl with the pigtails.
红色的头发 点点的雀斑
Red hair and the freckles.
她是谁?
Who's she?
快餐联合会
The fast food joint.
汉堡联盟
The burger joint.
她胖吗?
Is she fat?
不 我不是说你胖
No, I'm not calling you fat.
我是说你的雀斑看起来很可爱
I'm saying you look cute with your freckles.
你们英国没有温迪丝?
You don't have Wendy's in the UK?
不 我们没有
No, we don't.
你看起来不可思议
You look incredible.
谢谢你
Thank you.
真的 我对谁都这么说
You do, I'm speaking for every guy out there.
谢谢你
Thank you.
所以 我在这里 而且 嗯 我的雀斑和头发
So, here I am, and, um, my freckles and my hair.
而我只想说我很抱歉
And I just wanted to say that I'm so sorry.
如果
And that if.
如果你能原谅我 那我真的会
If you could forgive me, then I would really
真的 真的很乐意
really, really like to.
我真的想跟你重新来过
I'd really like to try again with you.
好的
Okay.
但我有一个条件
I'm willing to give this another shot on one condition.
我想知道你能接受
I wanna know that you can handle.
是
Yes.
你被降级为我的女朋友
Being demoted to just my girlfriend.
只是我的女朋友
Just my girlfriend.
你不是我的造型师 好吗?
You're not my stylist, okay?
你不是我的营养师
You're not my nutritionist.
你不是我的美容师
You're not my beautician.
没有
No.
你不是我的医生
You're not my doctor.
你是我的女朋友
You're my girlfriend.
你能接受吗?
Can you handle that?
我接受降级
I accept my demotion.
我不
I don't.
我不想说这个 但是当你
I don't wanna have to say this, but when you
当你试图改变我时 它确实很伤
when you try and change me, it does hurt.
这伤害了我的感情
It hurts my feelings.
我很抱歉 很抱歉
I'm so, so sorry.
诚实地说 如果不是你的挑剔
I'll be honest, if it wasn't for your nitpicking
我可能永远不会去看医生 所以
I probably would never have gone to the doctor, so.
不必太在意
Don't let this go to your frizzy head,
但是谢谢你救了我的命
but thank you for saving my life.
不用谢
You're welcome.
没有唇膏!
There's no goop!
所以 事实证明我无法改变我的神经化学物质
So, it turns out I couldn't hack my neurochemicals.
但我想真正的问题是 我为什么要这样做
But I guess the real question is why did I want to
如此糟糕?
so badly?
也许我不需要改变我的大脑
Maybe I didn't need to change my brain.
也许我只需要改变对它的诠释
Maybe I just needed to change my interpretation of it.
经过多年的研究 我发现了男性
After years of research I found that the male
和女性的大脑有很大的不同
and female brain is wired very differently.
坦率地说 我对结果感到失望
Frankly, I was disappointed by the results
因为它们不喜欢社会进步
because they didn't feel like social progress.
所以 我一直在寻找偏倚
So, I kept looking for a bias.
我一遍又一遍地重复研究
I re-did the studies over and over again
最终我确实找到了偏倚
and I did find a bias after all.
一个非常有问题的主观的偏倚
A very problematic and subjective bias.
那个偏倚是我
And that bias was me.
我开始认真考虑 其实女孩们
I went into all this thinking that girls
情绪化 敏感 高度警惕
being emotional, sensitive, hyper-vigilant
并不好 因为我们的社会使我们
was a bad thing because our society makes us
感到很惭愧
feel so ashamed of it.
我认为这些品质是弱点
I viewed these qualities as weaknesses.
但这是我的方法中的一个缺陷
But that was a flaw in my approach.
也存在于我生活的很多方面
And in many ways, my life.
电影精选列表