好的 有声音?
Okay, is this?
你们好?
Hello?
我是朱莉娅·布里曾丹 我是神经科学家
I am Julia Brizendine and I am a neurologist.
我知道 听起来很高端
I know, sounds geeky.
其实我只是每天盯着人们的脑袋看
But I basically stare into people's heads all dlay,
这是一个从小萌生的梦想
which is a dream for me because ever since
我一直希望自己能读懂
I was a kid I've always wished I could read
人们的想法
people's minds.
自从我有了一台机器 工作轻松多了
Life is so much easier now that I have a machine
我可以看到头颅内部
that lets me see inside people's brains.
我甚至可以推断一个人的情商
I can even find out someone's emotional intelligence
通过向他们展示一些面部照片 然后观察
by showing them photos of faces and then seeing
他们是否能够识别出照片所表达的内容
if they can identify the expressions on them.
抱歉 我变得痴迷 但是
Sorry, I'm being such a dork, but come on.
很酷 对吧?
How cool is that?
不管怎样 我现在在大学工作 我想
Anyway, I, I work at a university now and I think
真正驱使我研究至今的
what ultimately drives my research today
是我着迷或沮丧于这些表述:
is my fascination and frustration with phrases like this.
女人都很疯狂
Women are crazy.
男人都是傻瓜
Men are stupid.
女人痴迷于婚姻
Women are obsessed with marriage.
男人痴迷于性
Men are obsessed with sex.
对吧?
Right?
这些成见或多或少的
These are all stereotypes that at one point
我们都曾听说过
or another we've probably all heard.
甚至就这么认为
Maybe even thought.
今天 我不仅要谈论女性的大脑
Now, I'm not only gonna talk about the female brain today.
其实 我们对男性大脑了解更多
We know a lot more about the male brain,
主要因为男性大脑被更多地用于研究
but that's mostly because they've been studied more.
我们知道 男人有更大的头颅和更厚的头骨
We know that, uh, men have bigger heads and thicker skulls.
因此 科学家们过去一直认为
And in the old days, scientists used to think
男人们有更大的脑子
that that meant that they had bigger brains too.
但在1995年 我们发现女性有
But in 1995, we found out that women have
完全相同数量的脑细胞 只是积聚在
the exact same number of brain cells, just jammed
一个较小的空间里
into a smaller space.
那么 既然我们最近才有这样的发现
So, if we just found that out recently then what else
那么还有多少未知存在于男性和女性的大脑呢?
don't we know about the male and the female brain?
好吧 我们已经知道我们很难理解
Well, we already know that we struggle to understand
并且关联两者 但好消息是
and relate to each other, but the good news is
在我的研究中 我发现了很多
that in my studies I discovered a lot about
我们的主流神经学如何影响 甚至有时破坏
how our primal neurology effects and sometimes sabotages
我们的关系
our relationships.
这是史蒂文和丽莎 他们已经结婚有
This is Steven and Lisa and they've been married
12年了
for 12 years.
现在 同其他伴侣一样 史蒂文和丽莎出现了问题
Now, like any couple Steven and Lisa have their issues,
但是 如果我告诉你 他们的很多问题
but what if I could tell you that a lot of their problems
实际上是生物本性决定的
actually have a biological basis.
你干什么呢 婆娘?
What are you doing, dude?
下来!
Get off!
我觉得这个镜子
I feel like this mirror
会掉下来
is gonna fall.
你觉得呢?
What do you think?
我不知道
I don't know.
我都40了
I'm 40.
现在你起来吧
Now you come on, get up.
帮我一起
Help me.
所以我想 如果可以洞穿
So I figure, wouldn't it be helpful to just see
他们的心思 是否有助于理解他们的行为?
inside their heads to find out why they act the way they do?
好的 首先需要知道
Well, first of all, it's helpful to know
女人通常比男人对于
that women are generally more sensitive
威胁更加敏锐
to threats than men are.
这是因为大脑的某个
This is because of the part of the brain
感知危险的部分——杏仁体
that senses danger, the amygdala.
在女性中 这个区域更加活跃
In women, this area is more easily activated
这就是为什么我们更能感知潜在的危险
which is why we're more attuned to potential dangers
而男人甚至可能都没注意到
that men may not even notice.
即便我们的(杏仁体)比男人的小
It also doesn't help that we're typically smaller than men
而且满是空腔
and full of holes.
快点吧
Hurry up.
所以 夫妻间之所以
So, the reason couples are less passionate
处久了以后缺少激♥情♥ 是因为
after being together for a while is because
大约两年后 他们的大脑停止分泌多巴胺
after about two years their brains stop producing dopamine.
让你开心的化学物质
The feel good chemical.
并且开始分泌催产素 使你依赖
After that, they produce oxytocin which bonds you
某人
with someone.
这就解释了为什么史蒂文和丽莎彼此不那么吸引了
This explains why Steven and Lisa are less sexual,
但更加尽责了
but more committed.
没错 有吸引力的人亦会如此
And yes, this even happens to attractive people.
你去学校接泰 还是我去?
Are you gonna pick up Ty at school or am I?
我早准备了 我去
I'm done early, I'll do it.
好了 可以了
Okay, let go.
这 这没用
It's, it's the same thing.
无所谓了
Whatever.
哦 天呐
Oh, come on.
妈妈 我们走吧!
Mom, let's go!
好的
Okay.
喔 喔!
Ow, ow!
这是莱克西和亚当
This is Lexi and Adam.
他们已经在一起两年 或者三年了
They've been together for two or three years
取决于你问谁
depending on who you ask.
噢 哦 哦
Ow, oh, oh, ow.
好多了 对吧?
Better, right?
要我看什么?
What am I looking at?
你没有发现有些不同?
You don't notice anything different?
哦 哦 是的!
Oh, oh, yeah!
这好多了
That is better.
什么?
What is?
你的脸
Your face.
眉毛!
Eyebrows!
噢 对
Oh, right.
哦 对 对
Oh, Yeah, yeah.
或者你觉得我该化深点?
Or do you think I need to darken them?
我不知道 我突然觉得这个边缘
I don't know, I feel like suddenly I've got this fringe.
它们有点 它们有点挡住了 让我看起来
They kind of, they kind of disappear and it makes me look
有点病态
a bit ill.
女性大脑中负责识别
The area of the brain responsible for recognizing
错误和缺陷的区域更大
errors and flaws is larger in the female brain.
这使得女性更加自我挑剔 更有可能
This makes women more self-conscious and more likely
成为完美主义者
to be perfectionists.
科学家称之为高度警觉 而人们一般
Scientists call it hyper-vigilance whereas people tend to
称之为神经质
call it being neurotic.
我们今天能不研究眉毛吗?
Can we not play the eyebrow game today?
抱歉
I'm sorry.
我的意思是我真看不出 真的
I mean I suck at it, I really do.
好吧 好吧
Okay, okay.
好的
Okay.
看我的牙
It's my teeth.
嗯
Hmm.
我美白得太过了
I whitened them too much.
啊!
Ugh!
你看?
You see?
它们比我眼睛都白
They're whiter than the whites of my eyes.
这使我的皮肤变黄了
It makes my skin yellow.
典型的
Classic.
我不想再看了
I don't want to play--
典型的牙齿美白错误
Classic teeth whitening mistake.
我也不擅长看牙齿
I'm bad at the teeth game too.
抱歉
Sorry.
抱歉
Sorry.
哦 妈的我得赶紧走了
Oh, I gotta get the fuck out of here.
电影精选列表