艾米丽,你真是令人赏心悦目啊?
Emily, aren't you a sight for sore eyes?
你说得对,凯丝。
You were right, Kath.
外面没有男人就像地狱一样。
It's hell out there without a man.
哦,,。事情总有解决的办法。
Oh, there, there. Things have a way of working out.
亲爱的,我们有足够的陪伴吗?
Honey, do we have enough for company?
嗨,嗯!
Hi, em!
待吃晚餐吗?
Staying for dinner?
我们只是在讨论她的问题。
We were just discussing her problem.
你告诉艾略特了吗?
Have you told Elliott?
我不能。
I can't.
他应付不了。
He couldn't handle it.
但他是孩子的父亲。他应该知道。
But he's the father. He should know.
艾略特一定知道。
Elliott's got to know.
艾略特一定知道。
Elliott's got to know.
凯西。
Kathy.
艾略特一定知道。
Elliott's got to know.
什么?
What?
亲爱的,你没事吧?
Honey, are you all right?
彼得!现在几点了?孩子们在哪里?
Peter! W-what time is it? Where are the kids?
我有孩子。
I got the kids.
这是周二。我照顾孩子,因为你显然想睡在烘干机上?
It's Tuesday. I got the kids, because you apparently wanted to sleep on the dryer?
哦,我很抱歉。我吃了一片安定…什么?
Oh, I'm sorry. I took a Valium... What?
Wh……你把安定吗?
Wh... you took Valium?
你……冰淇淋!
You... Ice cream!
艾略特需要知道什么?
What does Elliott have to know?
我不能告诉你。我…我答应过艾米丽不会的
Um, I can't tell you. I... I promised Emily I wouldn't.
我们没事吧?
Are we all right?
是的!哦,是的。
Yes! Oh, yes.
伙计,说"是"也没用多久了。
Boy, "yes" isn't going to cut it much longer.
一开始看起来y轴上的两个球之间的切线关系是重叠的,我很快就会讲到这个。
At first it seemed as though the tangential relationship between the spheres of the y-axis were going to overlap, and I will be going into that very shortly.
我知道你在想什么。
I know what you're thinking.
不,你没有。
No, you don't.
“艾略特必须知道。”
"Elliott's got to know."
我很高兴我向你吐露了心声。
I'm glad I confided in you.
呀。听。
Jeez. Listen.
这是一个梦。
It was a dream.
梦没有任何意义。
And dreams don't mean anything.
真的吗?好的。
Really? Ok.
好了,给你讲点物理知识,好吗?
All right, here's a little physics for you, ok?
记住牛顿,嗯?卷曲的头发,胖胖的。
Remember Newton, huh? Curly hair, chubby.
“休息的身体就是休息。
"A body at rest stays at rest.
"运动的物体保持运动状态,除非受到外力的作用"
"A body in motion stays in motion, unless acted upon by an outside force."
我想我们都同意,凯西是运动中的身体。
I think we both agree, Kathy is a body in motion.
你在说什么?我说的是……这里。
What are you talking about? I'm talking about... Here.
所以呢?
So?
所以“X”等于凯西。
So "X" equals Kathy.
这不是俄♥罗♥斯♥文学。
This isn't Russian lit.
好吧,首先,如果她不在家,你去看看她的子♥宫♥膜是否不见了。
All right, first of all, if she's not home, you check and see if her diaphragm's missing.
真不敢相信我们要这么做。是的,很好。
I can't believe we're doing this. Yeah, well.
我要溜回家,我要穿过走廊,我要看到我老婆在给我叠袜子。
I'm gonna sneak into my house, I'm gonna creep down the hallway, I'm gonna catch my wife folding my socks.
你当然是。别忘了检查浴帘后面。
Of course you are. Don't forget to check behind the shower curtain.
那不是她叠袜子的地方。
That isn't where she folds socks.
哦!好的。好的。安静。安静。Ssh。安静。
Oh! All right. All right. Quiet. Quiet. Ssh. Quiet.
她没说要出去。
She didn't say anything about going out.
他们从不做。
They never do.
哦,我想你是对的。她是独自一人。好。
Oh, I think you were right. She was alone. Well.
一个女人不会因为你在工作,孩子们在上学就大白天出去到下流的汽车旅馆来一次廉价的幽会。你很好。
A woman's not going to go out in the middle of the day on a cheap tryst to the bawdy motels just 'cause you're at work and the kids are at school. You're fine.
那是什么?你说什么?什么都没有。
What's that? What did you say? Nothing.
我以为你说了什么。
I thought you said something.
她可能只是去西夫韦超♥市♥。
She's probably just going to Safeway.
她可能是。
She probably is.
这不是西夫韦吗?
Isn't that Safeway?
再见,西夫韦。
Bye-bye, Safeway.
她要去另一家商店。减轻了。我肯定。
She's going to another store. Lighten up. I'm sure.
你说得好像她只是去购物一样。
You make it sound like all she does is go shopping.
我说得好像什么都没有。
I make it sound like nothing.
她的生活不止于此。我肯定有。
Well, there's just more to her life than that. I'm certain there is.
她的生活并不是那么空虚,以至于她不得不和一个年轻、敏感、蓝眼睛的孩子发生廉价的热恋。
It's not like her life is so empty that she has to have a cheap torrid affair with a kid just because he's young and sensitive with blue eyes.
乔,你要失去她了。
Joe, you're losing her.
不,我来。我得到了她。
No, I got her. I got her.
除非她的健美操课在这里上课,否则我们有线索了。
Well, unless her aerobics class meets down here, we're onto something.
嗯。
Hmm.
宾果。
Bingo.
看看这个名字!看看这个名字!
Look at the name! Look at the name!
走吧!走吧!
Go! Go!
看来我们这是第一次。
Looks like what we have here is a first time.
嗯,我认识凯西。她不会进去的。
Uh-uh, I know Kathy. She's not going to go in.
嗯。
Hmm.
振作起来他可能不是个好男人。
Cheer up. He might be a bad lay.
哇。
Wow.
是的。
Yeah.
我从来没进过艺术家的工作室。
I've never been in an artist's studio before.
没有?嗯。
No? Uh-uh.
好了,就这样了。
Well, this is it.
请,呃,继续。做任何你……哦,是的,我…嗯,当然。
Just, uh, go ahead. Do whatever you're... Oh, yeah, I'm... uh, sure.
我…我有两种方法:
I... I could do this 1 of 2 ways:
我可以试探你,试试水,看看你对娶艾米莉成家有何反应,
I could feel you out, test the waters, see how you might react to marrying Emily and raising a family,
或者直接说艾米丽怀孕了,怀了你的孩子
or skip all that and just blurt out that Emily's pregnant and having your baby.
或者我…我可以管好自己的事,一句话也不说。
Or I... I could just mind my own business and not say a word.
等等!再见,艾略特!
Wait! Bye, Elliott!
再见。
Bye.
什么也没有发生。就几分钟而已。
Nothing happened. It was only a couple minutes.
当然,除非他床技很差。
Unless, of course, he's a really bad lay.
看,嗯?
See, huh?
来吧!你饿了吗?
Come on! You hungry?
你好。
Hello.
凯西吗?你好,这是艾略特。
Kathy? Hi, it's Elliott.
嗨,艾略特。
Hi, Elliott.
一个ª
âª
我得过去。
I gotta come over.
我得跟你谈谈现在的情况。
I gotta talk to you about the situation.
我现在不太方便跟你说话。
Um, this isn't really a good time for me to talk.
嗯…不,别让我晾着。
Um... no, don't leave me hanging.
我…我…我要死在这里了。
I'm... I'm... I'm dying here.
呃,怎么……明天怎么样?
Uh, how... how about tomorrow?
好吧。好吧。哦,坑吗?
Fine. Fine. Uh, craters?
你知道在哪里,对吧?
You know where that is, right?
Y-yeah。
Y-yeah.
一点。太好了。太好了。你会去的,对吧?
1:00. Great. Great. And you'll be there, right?
你不会再扔个炸♥弹♥,然后再离开我吗?
You won't drop another bomb and, uh, run out on me again?
放松点,我会去的。再见。
Yeah, relax, I'll be there. Bye.
嘿。
Hey.
最近怎么样?
How's it going?
嗯。
Um.
嗯…约翰逊的太平间这个月盈利。
Well... Johnson's mortuary is in the black this month.
很神奇的。
Amazing.
是的。
Yeah.
你一个ª好吗?
⪠You ok?
这是……这快把我逼疯了。
This is... This is making me crazy.
我是说,她怎么会觉得她是孤身一人呢?
I mean, what makes her think she's alone in this?
她现在就在这个城市的某个地方,到处走,体内有我的一部分。
And she's out there somewhere right now in this city, walking around with a piece of me inside her.
我很生气,但是…但我也想保护她,但是…但我都不知道是什么原因
A-a-and I'm so angry, but... but I also want to protect her, but... but I don't even know what from.
上帝,我…我很好。
God, I'm... I'm ok.
我不知道一个父亲会做什么,好像她会让我做似的。
I don't know exactly what a father does, as if she'd even let me.
她太独♥立♥了,但这正是我喜欢的!
She's so damn independent, but that's what I like!
所以我要不要…我该给她打电♥话♥吗?
So should I, uh... Should I call her?
我该告诉她我知道吗?
Should I tell her I know?
我应该喝酒吗?
Should I be drinking?
我不该告诉你的。不。她应该告诉我的。
I shouldn't have told you. No. She should have told me.
也许她不想让你陷入这种境地。
Well, maybe she didn't want to put you in this position.
电影精选列表