I told you why I left.
现在我回来了,不是吗?
I came back, didn't I?
你干脆还是走吧
Why didn't you stay away?
我不走
I couldn't.
那当初为什么走?
Why did ya leave, then?
我很迷茫,我当时必须走
I don't know. I had to get away.
我很怕
I was afraid.
杰茜,我们以前总是能聊很多
Jess, we could always talk before.
那现在能聊什么呢?
What's to say now?
也许我厌倦了你需要我的时候我就会陪你
Maybe I'm just tired of always bein' around when you need someone.
我回来就是因为我很想你
I came back because I wanted to see ya.
因为我爱你
'Cause I love ya.
我爱你,你听到了吗?
I love ya, understand?
我因为你才回来的
I came back for ya.
卡尔,我是你妹妹
Carl, I'm your sister.
我不在乎
That don't matter.
你说爱我?
Love?
你做了什么能配得上“爱”这个字?
And just what have you done to deserve what you're callin' love?
不只是我的,而是所有人的爱
Not mine, but anybody's love!
我真是你最中意的人吗?
Am I the best you could do?
可你是我哥哥
You're my brother.
你不能爱上我
You can't love me.
你没有权利爱我
It ain't right.
这不是有没有权利的问题
It's not a question of right.
你听起来像在说服自己
You sound like you're trying to talk yourself into somethin'.
我是认真的
I mean it.
我不能……
Well, I can't...
……有那种想法
Feel that way.
那宝宝怎么办?
What about the baby?
我会照顾我的孩子
I'll take care of my baby.
我们应该离开这
We'll get outta here.
噢,别做梦了
Oh, stop dreaming.
你总是这么说
That's what you always say.
我们能去哪里?能去哪里?
Where would we go, just where?
无论如何我都不能走
I'm not leavin', anyway.
我对不起你,杰茜
I'm sorry, Jess.
是啊,你只会说对不起
Sorry. That's all you ever say.
很明显,矿场还在的时候这里很不一样
Better believe it was different when the mines was workin'.
那里能赚不少钱
Made some good money in the pits.
如果我有钱,我会再开个矿坑
If I had some money I'd open me a dog hole.
用卡车把煤拉到发电站去
Truck coal to the power station.
你试着过正确的生活,但是……
You try to live your life right, but...
就是老出岔子
Just don't work out.
我和梅已经很努力地抚养孩子了,可是……
Me and Mae try to raise the kids right, but...
卡尔走了,杰茜怀孕了
Carl run away, and Jessie's pregnant already.
她得有个丈夫
She's gotta have a husband.
不能就这样要孩子
Can't have a kid like this.
这不对
Just ain't right.
我有过两任老婆
I've had two wives.
以前都给过她们好日子
Gave 'em both a good life, once.
就说卡尔的亲妈,莎拉吧
You take Sarah, Carl's mother.
她那会儿特别想要孩子
She wanted her baby so much.
结果,她有了他,但是……
Well, she got him, but...
她却没机会见他
She never seen him.
她人很有意思
She was fun.
就是很有意思,你知道吗?
Funny, too,you know what I mean?
她在农场长大,却怕鸡
Raised on a farm, and scared of chickens.
记得她吗?
Remember her?
我也不是说梅不好
Oh, not that Mae ain't been a good wife.
她是个好女人
She's a fine woman.
生了六个孩子
Six kids.
是个好妻子
She's been a good wife.
比我强
Better than me.
会弹钢琴,去过加利福尼亚
Plays piano, gone to California.
这就是为什么我没办法让她踏实
Guess that's why I never could get her to settle down.
她见过世面
She's seen too much.
但这里的农场,该死的……
That farm up there. Hell, it ain't...
……真的容不下她
Ain't really no place for her.
她现在去找朋友们了
She's got her own friends, now.
我这辈子,只有当兵的时候才赚到了钱
The only time I ever had enough money was when I was in the army.
以前部队休假的时候我来到这
Used to come in here on a furlough,
然后在周六晚上办了个大派对
and set up the whole damn place on a Saturday night.
都是我买♥♥的单
.Meaning it was on me.
你去过海外吗?
Ever been overseas?
朋友,我在军队的时候
Man, when I was in the army,
我过的很开心
I had a great time.
像我们这些人当兵的时候
When I was over there, us tomcats,
几包烟就能搞定任何女人
we could get any woman for a couple packs of cigarettes.
贵族小姐也是一样
High-class ones, too.
一直都是这样
Did it all the time.
我应该留在军队的
Coulda stayed in the army.
大概现在都能退休了
Coulda retired by now.
混个中士也不难的
Made sergeant easy.
我就不该回来这里
I should never've come back here.
这是谁的房♥子?
Whose place is this?
你要进去吗
You wanna go in?
能进吗?-当然能
You think we should? - Sure.
你来过这?
You been here before?
是,这是我外公家
Yeah, it was my grandpa's.
哦,我一直想知道你外公家在哪
Oh, I always wondered where that was.
他死后就一直空着
It's been empty since he died.
我用这个练过射击
I learned to shoot with this.
都是外公教我的
Grandpa showed me.
杰茜,我们好好聊聊吧
Jess, let's talk some more.
这就是你外公吧
This must be your grandpa.
哪个是你妈妈?
Which one's your mother?
这个
That's her.
你很像她
She looks like you.
杰茜,如果我们不是姐弟 -但我们是
Jess, if we weren't brother and sister... -But we are.
我们只算一半亲戚,没准一半也不算
We're only half. Maybe not even that.
你到底想说什么? -你知道的
Just what are you gettin' at? -You know.
所有人都知道他俩结婚时就有你了
Whole damn county knows you were born just after daddy married Mae.
很多人都是奉子成婚
Lots of people get married late.
你知道我什么意思
You know what I mean.
他们说你不是我爸亲生的
People say it wasn't my old man.
你就是一直因为这个才有的底气吗?
Is that what you had in the back of your mind all the time?
你再多打听打听,就会发现我们都不是他生的
You listen around here long enough, you'll hear none of us kids was his.
你也不是他的!
Even you!
你知道我对你的感觉
You know how I feel.
我知道你爱我
I think you love me.
我不爱
I don't.
我记得你那时候的样子
I remember when you sure acted like it.
你知道这里的人是怎样的
You know how people are around here.
跟其他地方一样
Same as any place else.
反正,我不在乎别人怎么看
Now, I don't care what people think.
我既然现在有了孩子
I'm havin' my baby right here.
就会和兄弟姐♥妹♥们♥一起抚养,没人会知道孩子是你的
I'll raise it with ma's kids, nobody's gonna know it's yours.
你打算一辈子留下来伺候梅吗?
You gonna stick around and do Mae's chores all your life?
我受够这个家了,你也是,你知道的
I had enough of that. You have too, and you know it.
咱们好好活一次吧,杰茜
Let's live for once, Jess.
我在活着
I'm livin' now.
我们一起走吧,离开这里,去结婚
Let's go. We'll get outta here. We'll get married.
孩子可以生下来,但咱俩结婚是不可能的
There's a big difference in havin' a baby, and us gettin' married.
怎么不可能?
I don't see why.
因为我们是姐弟,这就是事实!
Because we're still brother and sister. Now, that's a fact!
你怎么就这么肯定?
Why are you so sure of that?
你可以去听听镇上人说的
You must've heard what they say around town.
我听一辈子了
I've been hearin' it all my life.
以我对梅的了解,我信那些话
Knowin' Mae, I believe it, too.
你什么意思?
What do you mean?
我们很可能一点血缘关系都没有
电影精选列表