哦,你通常不是要按铃吗?
Oh, don't you usually ring the bell?
呃...
Uh...
我有个,呃,我有张发♥票♥要给你
I have, um, I have an invoice for you.
你可以把两车煤带走
You can take two of the coal away with you
然后给我们五包煤砖
and give us five bales of briquettes.
哦,我得回去问问
Oh, I'll have to come back to you.
希望今天下午能给你答复
This afternoon, let's hope.
我-我过几天会有一批泥炭送来
I-I've a delivery of turf in a couple of days.
到时候吧
It'll be then.
哦,我们可以打电♥话♥
给韦克斯福德的福沃德
Oh, we can call,Forward's in Wexford.
他们会立即送来,没问题的
They come straight away, no bother.
呃...
Uh...
拉走两车,把剩下的都清空
Haul two back and empty out the rest of it.
我们不能让人随意进出
We can't have people walking in and out whenever they want.
你明白我的意思吗,比尔?
Do you understand me, Bill?
是-是的,修女
Y-yes, Sister.
等你拿到泥炭就给我送来,
Bring me the turf when you get it,
到时我们一并付清
and we'll pay you for the lot then.
妈妈
Mommy.
别看
Don't look.
不,别看,亲爱的 待在那里
No, look away, darling. Stay.
内德!
Ned!
嘿,你待在原地别动,比尔
Here, stay where you are, Bill.
她走到我面前
She came up to me.
她请求我带她出去
And she asked me to get her out.
带她到河边就行
To take her as far as the river.
然后你怎么说?
Then what did you say?
我说这不是我能决定的
That it wasn't up to me.
那是对的
That's true.
这不关我们的事
It's none of our business.
艾琳,她那么害怕她,而且...
She was so scared of her, Eileen, and...
她们不是有吃有穿吗?
Aren't they fed and kept warm?
是啊
Aye.
还学到了一技之长?
And given a trade?
要不是修女们,那些女孩就没有--
Sure if it wasn't for the nuns, those girls would have no--
我难道不知道吗?
Don't I know that?
那我们还有什么好担心的?
So what do we have to answer for?
你从不质疑这些吗?
Don't you ever question it?
你想在这世上有出息吗?
Do you want to get on in this life?
有些事你必须视而不见
There are things you have to ignore.
你一直都心软,比尔
You've always been soft-hearted, Bill.
总是把口袋里的零钱都给人,
Giving away your change in your pockets,
你知道,根本不了解那些人的生活
you know, without knowing the lives of people.
老实说
I mean, be honest, though.
你从小过的日子远非艰苦
It's far from hardship you were reared.
你这话是什么意思?
What-- What do you mean by that?
外面有些女孩
There are girls out there
确实会遇到麻烦,这点你是知道的
who do get into trouble, and that much you do know.
抱歉
Sorry.
对不起 我不该那么说
Sorry. I shouldn't have said that.
你要记住我们拥有的一切
You have to remember what we have.
让我们站在正确的一边
Let's stay on the right side of people.
我们的女儿永远不会经历
Our girls will never go through
那些女孩正在经历的事
what those girls are going through.
如果是我们的孩子呢?
What if it was one of ours?
天啊,我不就是这个意思吗?
Oh, God, isn't that what I'm saying?
她们不是我们的女儿
They're not our girls.
我真幸运
Aren't I lucky
威尔逊夫人不像你这样想
that Mrs. Wilson didn't share your ideas?
如果她没有收留我母亲
我母亲会在哪里?
Where would my mother be if she hadn't taken her in?
如果没有她为我做的一切,
And where would I be
我又会在哪里?
without what she did for me?
她坐在那里
Her sitting up there
在她的大房♥子里
in her big house.
有退休金和农场
With her pension and her farm
还有人为她工作
and people to work under her.
她是少数几个能随心所欲的女性之一
She was one of the few women who could do as she pleased.
妈妈?
Mommy?
哦,你在这儿 怎么了?
Oh, you're here. What is it?
嗯?你还好吗,宝贝?
Aye? Are you all right, pet?
好了,来吧 我带你下去
All right, come on. I'll take you down.
比尔,你以后就睡在这房♥子里了
You'll be sleeping in this house now, Bill.
我已经给你准备好了一个房♥间
I've had a room made up for you.
你可以再休息一周不用上学,
You can have another week off school,
然后就得回去上课了 好吗?
and then you best get back. All right?
你觉得我父亲知道发生了什么吗?
Do you think my father knows what's happened?
我不知道
I don't know.
我父亲在哪里?
Where's my father?
我不知道
I don't know.
天啊,保佑我们
God help us.
没事的
It's all right.
没事的
It's all right.
没事的,孩子
It's all right, child.
先生,现在是白天还是晚上?
Is it the day or night, Mister?
是...是黎明 是黎明
It's... it's dawn. It's dawn.
很快就天亮了
It'll be light soon.
我会在这里生下我的孩子
I'll have my baby here.
他们说还有五个月
Not for five months, they said.
玛丽修女说孩子会去一个好家庭
Sister Mary says it'll go to a good home.
呃...
Uh...
来吧 不,不,不 快点
Come on. No, no, no. Come on now.
快点 来吧
Come on now. Come on.
快点起来 来吧
Come on up out of it. Come on.
起来
Up.
来吧,孩子
Come on, child.
我带你进去 来吧
I'll take you in. Come on.
没事的
It's all right.
来吧
Come on.
起来吧
Up you come.
把她带进来
Bring her in.
比尔,你能早点来真是太好了
So good of you to come early, Bill.
天啊,孩子,你可吓坏我们了
My God, you gave us an awful fright, child.
弗朗西斯修女
正准备叫警卫去找你呢
Sister Frances was about to send for the guards to look for you.
她被锁在棚子里了,修女
She was locked in the shed, Mother.
不知道是谁把她关在那里...
Whatever had her in there...
天啊,你这可怜的孩子
My God, you poor girl.
修女们,带她上楼
Sisters. Take her upstairs.
给她洗个澡
然后带她来我的办公室
Get her clean and bring her back to my office.
谢天谢地你来得及时,比尔
Thank God you came when you did, Bill.
我们喝点茶吧
We'll have some tea.
不用了,修女
I'll not, Mother.
你有时间坐坐
我的钱包应该在办公室里
You've time to sit. I'm sure my purse is in the office.
把外套脱了吧
待会儿你会感觉更舒服的
Leave your coat off. You'll feel the benefit later.
坐下暖和暖和
Sit down and warm yourself.
茶马上就好
Tea will be a minute.
比尔,家里一切都好吧?
So all is well at home, Bill?
一切都好,修女
All's well, Mother.
凯瑟琳今年要参加毕业考试是吗?
And Kathleen has the leaving certificate this year?
是的
She does.
她毕业后打算做什么?
And what will she do with herself?
呃...
Uh...
她想去沃特福德学习,呃,商科
She wants to study, um, business in Waterford.
哦,她一定会学得很好的
她是个好孩子
Oh, she'll do it well. She's a good girl.
我在唱诗班看到琼了
And I've seen Joan in the choir.
卡梅尔修女说她和她姐姐一样聪明
Sister Carmel says she's as bright as her sister.
她们在隔壁接受了很好的教育
They get an excellent education next door.
你还有两个孩子要来我们这里,对吧?
电影精选列表