但当威廉穿上它们,他可以去任何想去的地方
But when William put them on, he could go anywhere he wanted.
他只需想一个地方,任何地方
All he had to do was think of a place, any place.
眨眼之间,他就在那儿了,就这么简单”
And in the blink of an eye, there he was, just like that."
现在没有牛也能当牛仔吗?
Can you be a cowboy even without cows now?
我想可以
I think so.
我可能只是得去外地做这个
I just might have to travel to do it.
为了工作,你知道...
For work, you know...
把牛弄回来
get the cows back.
但你住在这里
But you live here.
我现在没有地方住了
I don't live nowhere anymore.
妈妈说你就是因为牧场工作太多了
Mom says you just have too much work with the ranch.
哦,她是这么说的,嗯?
Oh, she said that, huh?
我打赌我能当一个
I bet I could be one.
当一个什么?
Be one what?
牛仔
A cowboy.
谢谢你照顾她
Thank you for looking after her.
你知道我们喜欢有她在身边
You know we like having her around.
可能发生在任何一个人身上 就在这条路下去一英里
Could've been any one of us. Just a mile down the road.
是啊
Yeah.
听着,呃,我在想
Listen, uh, I was wondering
你们那儿有没有活干
if y'all had any work going.
挖沟或割草之类的?
Ditches or haying or something?
该死,伙计 活多的是
Shit, man. Got lots of work.
是吗?
Yeah?
活很多 干不完的活
Lots of work. Endless work.
但是没钱,伙计
Got no money, though, man.
没法付你工钱
Won't be able to pay you nothing.
我们自己也快撑不下去了
We're going underwater as it is.
是啊,抱歉 问了个蠢问题
Yeah, sorry. Stupid question.
是啊 当我没问
Yeah. Forget I asked.
试过贷款吗?
Tried getting a loan?
从银行?
From a bank?
有道理 对我们来说没成
Fair enough. Can't say it worked out for us.
或许能凑几百块钱
Could try to pull a few hundred dollars together,
帮你卖♥♥点东西
sell some stuff for you.
哦,不 别这样,伙计
Oh, no. Come on, man.
- 我没事的 - 你确定?
- I'll be fine. - You sure?
是啊,当然
Yeah, of course.
花了数百年
Spent a few hundred years,
引水灌溉,想把这地方变绿
moving water, trying to make this place green.
但这是片沙漠
But it's a desert.
仅此而已
That's all it is.
嘿
Hey.
Hi.
嗨
谢谢
Thanks.
只是,呃,带了点卡莉的东西
Just, uh, brought some of Callie's things.
一些衣服和玩具
Some clothes and toys.
她也该有些东西在这儿
She should have stuff here, too.
没关系,呃...
That's all right, uh...
很高兴看到你终于开始收拾行李了
Glad to see you finally started unpacking.
哦,是啊 我... 我正要...
Oh, yeah. I was... I was just gonna...
所以,蒙大拿,嗯?
So, Montana, huh?
听起来很孤单
Sounds lonely.
那,我在这儿做什么?
Well, what am I doing here?
你真需要我告诉你吗?
You really need me to tell you that?
我听说你们在图书馆玩得很开心 她一直说个不停
I heard y'all had fun at the library. She won't stop talking about it.
- 我要走了,露比 - 她说她穿了你的夹克
- I'm going, Ruby. - She said she wore your jacket.
- 露比 - 她还说你需要一个儿童♥增♥高座椅
- Ruby. - She also said you need a booster seat.
她什么都不需要我帮忙
She don't need my help with nothing.
当然不需要
Of course not.
她正努力想变得像你一样
She's trying to be just like you.
- 我觉得这个需要电池 - 露比
- I think this needs batteries. - Ruby.
我每天只给她一个这个
I only give her one of these a day
- 因为里面有糖 - 露比
- 'cause there's sugar in it. - Ruby.
周五你能接她吗?我明天可以接她...
Can you pick her up on Friday? I can get her tomorrow...
- 你能听我说吗? - ...但我妈妈不开车了
- Can you listen to me? - ...but my mom stopped driving.
我知道你现在感觉一无所有...
I know you feel like nothing right now...
但对她说,你重获新生了
but to her, you're reborn.
你还没赢回它,但事实就是如此
You ain't earned it, but that's how it is.
我得走了
I gotta go.
你好啊
Hey there.
我是米拉
I'm Mila.
我就住那边
I live right there.
达斯蒂
Dusty.
这,算是牛仔名字吗?
Is that, like, a cowboy name?
算是吧
I guess.
想喝杯啤酒吗?
You wanna grab a beer?
哦,不用了 谢谢
Oh, that's all right. Thank you.
哦,来吧 我们在烤辣椒
Oh, come on. We're roasting chilies.
你见过阿特了吗?
Have you met Art?
没有
No.
- 你好吗? - 啥事?
- How's it going? - 'Sup?
那是格蒂和埃斯梅拉达
And that's Gertie and Esmeralda.
- 你好 - 晚上好
- Hello. - Good evening.
那是我的 那是露西
And that's mine. That's Lucy.
嘿,小心火,好吗?
Hey, be careful around the fire, okay?
那是达拉和德里克
And that's Darla and Derrick.
- 嗨 - 怎么样,伙计?
- Hi. - What's up, man?
你家在哪儿?
Where was your spot?
那边的山上
Up in the hills there.
是啊,我们以前都在那些山上
Yeah, we were all up in them hills.
哦,对 嗯,呃...
Oh, right. Well, um...
在47Z县道旁有200英亩地
Got 200 acres off County Road 47Z.
好的
Okay.
那个有亮蓝色谷仓的地方?
The place with the bright blue barn?
是啊
Yeah.
我知道那个地方
I know that place.
我妈妈喜欢那个颜色
My mom loved that color.
我一直没忍♥心换掉它
Never could quite bring myself to change it.
你知道那个小白房♥子吗?
You know that little white place
周围有大♥片♥棉白杨遮荫的?
with all the big cottonwoods shading it?
在山口那儿
Up at the pass.
听着耳熟
That sounds familiar.
- 那是我们的 - 是啊
- That was ours. - Yeah.
美味
Delicious.
最好吃了
The best.
你家在哪儿?
Where is your place?
我们有个地方
We had a spot.
河边一个小地方
A little spot by the river.
离大火翻过山脊的地方不远
Not far from where the fire rolled over the ridge.
很棒的地方
It was great.
之前在这儿的那个是你女儿?
That was your daughter who was here?
是啊
Yeah.
- 卡莉 - 罗丝
Callie-Rose.
我猜那是她妈妈?
And I assume that was her mom?
是啊
Yeah.
我们一起在这里长大
We grew up together here.
据说我们12岁时第一次约会
We went on our first date when we were 12, supposedly.
露西的爸爸在吗?
Is Lucy's dad around?
他留下来保护房♥子了
He stayed to protect the house.
节哀
I'm sorry.
那是瑞克
That's Rick.
他住在哪儿?
Where'd he live?
他住在林子里
He lived in the woods.
不知怎的,我还是喜欢这里
I still like it here somehow.
尽管有时我希望...
Even though sometimes I wish...
我不喜欢
I didn't.
让我找找看
Let me dig around a bit.
我能找到的
I'll find it.
你要喝点水什么的吗?
You want some water or something?