总有那么些时候 你会发现自己
There are times in your life when you find yourself
处在一个非常糗的窘境
in very awkward situations.
看看那张脸吧乔
I mean, just look at that face, Jo.
艾比需要你
Abby needs you.
我们也需要你
We need you.
而且我们愿意付钱
And we're willing to pay.
此时就是我说的窘境
And this would be one of those moments.
不过我保证 我不是在卖♥♥肾或什么的
But I swear, it's not like I'm selling my kidney or anything.
尽管那样会更轻松些
Although, that would have been less painful.
不过我要超越我自己的极限
But I'm getting ahead of myself.
让我从头说起吧
Let me start at the beginning.
今天可是个大日子 五百米印地赛车资格赛
And it's the big day, the qualifying race of the Indy 500.
- 她准备好就位 - 这位是我老爸
- She takes her position... - This is my dad.
发动她那小赛车的引擎 希望着...
...revs the motor of her stock car, hoping...
别在青春期的最后一圈中玉石俱焚了
To not crash and burn on the last lap of adolescence.
- 噢 这才我的女儿 - 老爸是给赛车安装引擎的
- Oh, that's my girl. - Dad built engines for race cars.
我也是
And so did I.
无视那根小辫子 我当时有点非主流
Ignore the pigtails. I was more nai've back then.
因为家父的工作 我在过去的八年里
Because of his work, I changed schools
我每一年就要换两所学校
two times a year for the past eight years.
这并没有把我变成
This doesn't make me a loner
自我防卫心理高度进化的孤僻儿
with a highly evolved defense mechanism or anything.
好吧 我是
OK, fine, it does.
可今天 一切都会改变
Today, everything was about to change.
今天是我在北海岸中学的第一天
It was my first day at North Shore High,
卡♥耐♥基♥梅隆大学之前的最后一站
the last stop before Carnegie Mellon University,
我梦想的大学
my dream school.
我的生存规则很简单
My rules of survival were simple:
绝不冒出头 也绝不在班上举手发言
Don't stand out, never raise your hand in class
至始至终谨言慎行
and watch your back at all times.
新城镇 同样的学校 同样的停车场
New town, same school, same parking lot.
每个人都沉浸在能自♥由♥使用第一台车的喜悦之中
Everyone obsessed with the freedom of their first car.
这算是身份象征
It's an identity, like
好比大功率机车 他们觉得路由他们掌管
the muscle cars who think they own the road,
观察着每一辆过往的车辆
and check out every passing vehicle.
无法融入的智能小车
Smart cars who don't fit in.
"我活力四射到会把胸衣摇掉的"粉♥嫩♥小车
The "I'm so perky I might shake off my tube top" Cutesy cars.
然后就是路上最具危险的车
And then there's the most dangerous vehicle on the road,
高度作秀 超难伺候的跑车
the high pefrormance, high maintenance sports cars.
如果他们喜欢你 你的生活将畅通无阻
If they liked you, your life was all green lights.
- 嗨 - 嗨
- Hi. - Hi.
如果不喜欢
If they didn't,
那你只不过是路边的抛锚的破铜烂铁而已
you were nothing more than a wreck on the side of the road.
在北海岸中学 这帮人被称之为后天美女
At North Shore, they were called the Plastics,
曼迪·威瑟里就是后天美女的老大
and Mandi Weatherly was the number one Plastic.
她在签名的时候还会在“迪”上点缀一颗心
She dotted her name with a signature heart above the "I."
大概是因为她自己根本不具备那个器官吧
Probably because she didn't actually possess that organ.
她的二号♥跟班儿是洁·梅耶尔
Her two sidekicks were Chastity Meyer,
蠢到能跟
who was stupid enough to
随便一个愿意玩的男生交♥媾♥
hit a home run with any boy willing to play,
还有霍普·普洛金 有极重的疑心病
and Hope Plotkin, uber hypochondriac,
她认为细菌能导致丑陋
who believed that germs led to ugliness,
丑陋直接导致死亡
and ugliness led to death.
因此 我的生存规则第一条 杜绝女孩之间的闹剧
And thus, my number one rule for survival: No girl drama.
事实上 暂时没闹剧
Actually, no drama, period.
拜托 拜托 千万别毁了
Please, please, don't be ruined!
在中学里 一个已经很囧的状况
And in high school, an already embarrassing moment
能从衰...
can go from bad...
...到巨衰
... to worse.
- 你没事吧 - 我看起来有多糟
- Are you OK? - How bad do I look?
她看起来已经不能再糟了
She couldn't have looked worse.
- 你看起来不错 - 真的 谢谢
- You look great. - Really? Thanks.
我是艾比·汉诺威 你一定是新生
I'm Abby Hanover. Yeah, you must be new.
我是欢迎委员会的成员
I'm part of the welcoming committee.
事实上会员会总共就两人而且...
Well, there's only two of us really and...
而且 我很乐意带你四处转转
...and I'd... I'd love to show you around.
- 她们走了吗 - 走了
- Are they gone? - Yeah.
听着 我想我自己能找到办公室的路 谢谢了
Listen, I think I can find my way to the front office, thanks.
乔 你父亲在纳斯卡赛车行业内名气斐然
So, Jo, I see your dad's big in NASCAR.
让我来给你缓解一下担忧
Well, let me set your mind at ease.
我们北海岸高中知道怎样处理好校内的名人
We know how to deal with celebrities here at North Shore.
我校的其中一位打饭女士
One of our lunch ladies was
还参加过第一届的美国偶像呢
on the first season of American Idol.
- 很高兴能了解 - 是呀 那节目很火
- Good to know. - Yeah, it was pretty hot.
还有 我们注意到了你经常搬家
And we're also aware of your many moves.
是吧
Ok.
因为我们发觉到经常迁移的学生
'Cause we're aware that students who move around a lot
通常情况要么是连续杀人狂 要么是演员
often wind up as serial killers or actors.
嘿 我有告诉过你我们还有戏剧系了没
Hey, did I mention we have an excellent drama department?
我对戏剧不是很感冒
I'm not really into drama,
不过我知道你们有很先进的手工艺课
but I do know you have an advanced shop class.
你想做辛勤的劳动者而不是知识分子
Menial laborer rather than intellectual.
尊重你的选择
I can respect that.
拉拉队的同学们
The cheerleading squad
我们会去图书馆实地考察一下
will be going to the public library for a field trip.
去年我们遇到些小问题
Now, last year, we had some problems with that,
我们一共去了十二个女孩
where we had 12 girls go,
回来却是十五人
and we had 15 girls come back.
我知道你们现在都迷吸血鬼
I know how much you all love vampires,
所以都记住了 校医马上要去
but remember, the school nurse will be
准备组织献血活动 赶紧报名吧
heading up the blood drive, so sign up for that now.
家政课在外面大厅 女士
Home Ec's down the hall, miss.
事实上 尽管你赤♥裸♥裸的性别歧视
Actually, as refreshingly sexist as that is,
我是来上学手工艺的
I'm here for Advanced Shop.
- 绘图课 - 好吧
- Drafting class. - Right.
迈克因为被圆锯意外弄伤来不了了
Well, we lost Mike to that circular saw incident,
你可以做泰勒的搭档
so you can be Tyler's partner.
好了 各位 开工做你们的鸟窝吧
OK, everybody, get started on your birdhouses.
桁架或三角形 随你们便
Trusses or triangles, I don't care.
我唯一能做的就是睡我的大觉
That's about all I can deal with right now.
- 嘿 泰勒 我是乔 - 嘿
- Hey, Tyler, I'm Jo. - Hey.
- 他这是这么情况 - 呃 吉亚马蒂先生
- What's his deal? - Well, Mr. Giamatti
压德州农工队赢结果血本无归 他们周六输掉了
bleeds Texas A&M maroon and white, and they lost Saturday.
如果他们想得到支持的话
If they want to be taken seriously,
就最好打败长角牛队
they better beat the Longhorns.
千万别让吉亚马蒂听见了
Don't let Giamatti hear you say that.
当看到你个男生眼神深邃到
And just when a guy seems all dreamy
足以让你深陷时...
and has eyes you can fall into...
那么 我们要造一个鸟窝
So we have to build a lame birdhouse.
你就负责装饰一下吧
I guess you could decorate it.
可他一张嘴 我就听到了屁话
... he opens his mouth and sounds like an ass.
哇 谢了
Wow, thanks.
不过我觉得我可以负责鸠尾接合这部分
But I was thinking I could carve the dovetail joint.
- 刮目相看啊 - 至少有我们其中一个
- I'm impressed. - That makes one of us.
在每个学校 学生们都有自己的午餐帮
In every school, students have their lunch gang.
正如我老爸说的 赛车手有了维修人员才完整
As my dad says, your racer is only as good as your pit crew.
史上最可爱的狗 曼迪
Cutest dog ever, Mandi!
谢谢 可可香奈儿真的跟我的新包很配
Thanks! Coco Chanel really sets off my new purse.
她打过狂犬疫苗了 对吧
You had her checked for rabies, right?
可惜你没买♥♥到带流苏边的普拉达包
Too bad you couldn't get the new Prada bag with the fringe.
会跟她的棕色毛皮很搭的
Would've totally matched her brown fur.
拜托 流苏边已经过时了
Hello! Fringe is so out.
我已经在普拉达漆皮背包的
And I'm at the top of the wait
订货名单中排在第一了
list for the new patent leather Prada satchel.
可是你为了等流苏包的订单 就花了足足六个月唉
But you've already waited, like, six months for the fringe...
当然喽 曼迪 流苏边早就是过去式了
Of course, Mandi, fringe is so past tense.
《时尚》杂♥志♥上说深红色最新时尚配色
Vogue says crimson is the new accessory,
你穿一定会超正点的
and you're totally gonna rock that look.
哦 我知道
Oh, I know.
迷路了吗 新来的 闪人
Lost much, little freshies? Scram.
电影精选列表