I'm angry because you do resent her and there's no reason for it!
我生气是因为你毫无理由地怨恨她
Maybe I'm just envious, did you ever think of that?
也许我只是嫉妒了 你想过吗
Yeah, well I'm envious too of Michelangelo, and Van gogh, and rubens.
我也嫉妒米开朗基罗 梵高和鲁本斯
But I don't resent them.
但我并不怨恨他们
David, what are we arguing about?
大卫 我们在争论什么
I didn't go down there to argue.
我不是去跟你争论的
Then why did you come down?
那你为什么下去
Because I thought we were friends.
因为我以为我们是朋友
And I thought that you were downstairs painting a masterpiece
我以为你在楼下在创作一幅杰作呢
so you wouldn't have to feel envious of Van gogh and rubens and whoever.
这样你就不会嫉妒梵高和鲁本斯之类的了
And I also thought you might be a little hungry, so I made you dinner.
我还觉得你可能有点饿了 所以我给你做了晚餐
Masterpieces don't come that easy.
杰作不是那么容易出来的
Natalie, my rent is due the end of the month, I'll be leaving then.
娜塔莉 我房♥租月底到期 到时候我就走了
Do you still wanna be friends?
你还想做朋友吗
Did you work all day since you left me?
你从早上一直画到现在吗
Yeah, for what it's worth.
算是吧 不管怎样
Show me?
给我看看
Yeah.
好
I'll tell her to put her clothes on and leave.
我会让她穿上衣服后离开
- Interesting. - Just interesting?
有趣 仅仅是有趣
What kind of rating you want, one to ten, a to z?
你想要什么样评价 1到10 a到z
Look, all I can say is it was worth making dinner for, even if you did let it get cold.
我只能说这顿饭值得给你做了 即使你让它凉了
Yeah.
对
Look, I gotta go to work so I guess you'll have to finish dinner alone anyway.
那个 我得去上班了所以我估计你也得一个人接着吃了
Listen, if you decide you ever wanna finish that Halloween thing you started with my face,
听着 如果你决定要弄一些万圣节作品你可从我的脸开始
just say so.
随口一说
No charge between friends.
朋友之间不收费
Hey!
嘿
Are you free tomorrow night?
你明天晚上有空吗
I've never been freer.
我从来没有这么有空过
Good, then you'll let me take you to dinner and we'll come back here and work.
很好 那我请你吃饭 然后我们再回来做
You got a deal.
一言为定
I'll pick you up at your apartment at six.
我六点钟到你的房♥间接你
You mean you're gonna call for me?
你是说你会给我打电♥话♥吗
Of course, why?
当然了 怎么
Oh, nothing.
哦 没什么
Okay, tomorrow at six.
好的 明天六点
I knew tomorrow would be a beautiful day.
我知道明天会是美好的一天
I even felt like I should finally go and visit my parents.
我甚至觉得我应该回去看看我的父母
What do you mean, Natalie, you can't wait till your father comes home from the store?
什么意思 娜塔莉 你等不到你♥爸♥爸从商店回来了吗
He'll be so disappointed, we haven't seen you in all this time.
我们这么久没见你了 他会很失望的
Oh, I'm sorry, mama, but I can't.
对不起 妈妈 恐怕不能
Because I have a date and I have to be back in the city before 6:00.
因为我有个约会 我得在六点前赶回市里
A date! So tell me who's the boy, what does he do?
约会 告诉我那男孩是谁 他是做什么的
He's not a boy, mama.
他不是什么男孩 妈妈
He's a man and he's a painter.
他是个男人 是个画画的
A painter, that's a very good trade.
画画 这职业不错
Say, listen, does he need some business?
对了 他需要找活吗
Mrs. lipski downstairs, she wants her apartment painted!
楼下的利普斯基太太 她要粉刷公♥寓♥
Mama, he's not that kind of a painter, he's an artist painter.
妈妈 不是那种粉刷 他是画艺术画的
An artist painter? You mean with the beards?
一个艺术画家 你是说那种满脸胡子的
He doesn't have a beard, mama, and you don't have to worry about it, it's nothing serious.
他没有胡子 妈妈 你也不用担心 没什么大不了的
He's just a friend I met, he lives in the apartment downstairs from me.
他只是我认识的一个朋友 他住在我楼下
You mean in the same house, right underneath you?
你是说在你同栋楼下
Ma, you make it sound like we're living together.
妈 你说得好像我们住在一起似的
There's a whole floor between us.
中间隔了整整一层地板
What's a floor to an artist with a beard?
对一个留着胡子的艺术家来说 要地板有什么用
Look, I'm not worried about it, mama, and I wish you wouldn't be.
听着 我不担心 妈妈 我也希望你不用担心
I'm on my own now and I can take care of myself.
我一直靠自己了 我能照顾好自己
I'll get some more fruit.
我再去买♥♥些水果
Oh, there's no bananas, I know you like bananas.
没有香蕉 我知道你喜欢香蕉
Mama, don't worry about it, I don't want any bananas.
妈妈 别担心 我不想吃香蕉了
Look, I have to go, I left my Honda parked in the loading zone.
我得走了 我把我的本♥田♥停在装货区了
Honda, what's a Honda?
本♥田♥ 什么本♥田♥
It's a motorcycle, I got it for transportation.
是辆摩托车 我买♥♥来通勤的
A motorcycle, like with leather jackets?
一辆的摩托车 穿皮夹克人骑的那种
Mama, what are you crying about?
妈妈 你在哭什么
Natalie, I don't know what's happening to you.
娜塔莉 我不知道你怎么了
A Honda!
本♥田♥
Artists with beards!
大胡子艺术家
And those clothes!
这些衣服
What'll it be next?
接下来会是什么
I don't know, ma.
我不知道 妈
But at least I don't sit at home every night anymore worrying about what's gonna be next.
但至少我不用每天晚上坐在家里担心接下来会发生什么
I'm out in the world now, mama, and I like it.
我融入了外面世界 妈妈 我享受其中
I'm sorry, Natalie.
对不起 娜塔莉
So maybe I'm old fashioned for getting upset.
也许我已习惯生气了
But your father, he tells me how 15-, 16-year-old girls
但你父亲 他告诉我经常有十五六岁的女孩
they come in with prescriptions for birth control pills.
带着避孕药的处方来
Now that's his biggest seller.
这是他卖♥♥得最好的药
He can't stock enough they sell so fast.
往往库存不够 卖♥♥得太火了
And some of the girls, they don't even wait to have it wrapped.
还有一些女孩 她们甚至不等人把它包起来
They just go out eating 'em out of the jar like they were jellybeans.
她们就像吃软糖一样从罐子里拿出来就吃
"So, that's how it is today," he says.
这就是现在的情况 他说
"What can you do?
你有什么招呢
You're only a parent, you're not a god, you can't live their lives for them."
你只是父母 不是神 你没法替他们过他们的生活 ”
- He's right. - Well, of course he's right!
他说得对 - 他当然说得对
But that still doesn't keep me from getting upset.
但这仍然不能使我消气
And now to see what's happening with you, well, this I just never expected!
现在看看你身上所发生的 都是我无法预料的
And no matter how much you hear,
不管你听过多少次
you never expect to see it happen to your own children, I'm sorry!
你都不会想到这种事会发生在你自己的孩子身上 对不起
Ma.
妈
Ma, you don't see what's happening with me.
妈 你没亲眼看到我现在的状况
You see a Honda with a leather jacket
你眼里只有一辆本♥田♥和一件皮夹克
and you see an artist with a beard and that's what you're judging.
一个大胡子艺术家 都是你要评判的东西
And if you're old fashioned then that's why,
如果你是老古董的话 这就是原因
not because you don't understand, because you don't even try!
不是因为你不懂 是因为你甚至都不去尝试去了解
Do you wanna know why I haven't come home to dinner on Friday nights?
你想知道我为什么周五晚上不回家吃晚饭吗
That's why!
这就是原因
Because I don't think you're inviting me!
因为我不觉得你邀请的是我
I think you're inviting the Natalie
我觉得你是在邀请那个
that you'd like to see sitting across the table from you eating chicken
你预想中坐在你对面吃着鸡肉的娜塔莉
and saying the things that you and papa would like to hear her say.
那个只说你和爸爸愿意听的话的娜塔莉
Mama, I don't wanna be that Natalie anymore!
妈妈 我不想再当那个娜塔莉了
All my life here I tried to be like all the other girls
整个一生我都想和周围的
in the neighborhood were supposed to be.
其他女孩保持一样
Even when I knew they weren't doing the right thing
即使我知道她们没做什么正确的事
I did what I thought was the right thing if I was one of them!
即使我是他们中的一员 但我做的都是我认为正确的事
Well, what's wrong with doing the right thing?
做正确的事有什么错吗
You know, we're not alone in this world.
在这个世界上 我们并不孤单
Yes we are, mama.
对呀 妈妈
I was, I still am!
我以前是 现在也是
The only difference is that now I'm free to make my own decisions.
唯一不同的是 现在我可以自♥由♥地掌控自己
It has to be what I feel is the right thing or the wrong thing for me.
必须我自己去体会分辨什么是好事什么是坏事
For me, Natalie!
我自己 娜塔莉
I can't let you decide for me anymore, mama, because you can't be happy for me.
我不能再让你替我做决定了 妈妈 因为你不能使我高兴
And I don't wanna be miserable for you.
我不想让你难过
So that's why I don't come home to chicken dinners on Friday nights.
这就是我周五晚上不回家吃鸡肉大餐的原因
Would you ever come?
你还会回来吗
When I can come as myself and not be ashamed of it.
当我能以自己独♥立♥的身份而来并以引为豪的时候
When I can do that I'll even bring my own chicken.
到那个时候 我甚至会自带鸡肉
Tell papa I'm sorry I couldn't wait.
告诉爸爸 很抱歉我没法再等了
Natalie?
娜塔莉
Betty Simon is getting married in three weeks.
贝蒂·西蒙三周后就要结婚了
Her mother asked me if you'd be able to come to the wedding.
她妈妈问我你是否能来参加婚礼
Tell her I don't think so, ma.
告诉她我应该不会去了 妈
You sure you feel like posing tonight?
你确定今晚想摆造型吗
Why not?
为什么不呢
You feel like working, don't you?
你想画画 不是吗
Oh, yeah, yeah it's just that I thought I could wait for another time if you didn't feel up to it.
是啊 是啊 只是我觉得如果你不行的话我可以下一次
电影精选列表