Just don't let him get too over-enthusiastic the first night.
就是别让他第一晚太激动了
- Don't worry. - Aw, who's worried?
别担心 - 谁担心
Don't forget to take car fare home just in case...
别忘了打车回家 以防万一
Okay, so maybe I cared what my date would think.
好吧 也许我在乎我的约会对象会怎么想
You want an apology?
你想要我道歉
I mean, you never know.
我是说 谁知道呢
Maybe he'd be different.
或许他真的不一般
Like mama said, papa was a blind date.
就像妈妈说的 爸爸就是相亲认识的
Oh, Natalie, we were almost going to leave without you.
娜塔莉 我们差点就不带你走了
Come on, guys, she's here.
过来 伙计们 她来了
So you made it, eh, nat?
你来了 小娜
Hey, Harvey, come meet Natalie.
哈维 来见见娜塔莉
There he is. The enemy.
完了 是敌人
Anyone who gives me that look is the enemy.
谁敢这么看我 谁就是我敌人
- Thanks, Stanley. - What do you want from me?
谢谢 斯坦利 - 你还想怎么样
Well, don't you think we better go?
我们该出发了吧
All right? Let's go.
好吗 我们走吧
Come on.
来吧
- Well, are you coming? - Why not?
- 你来不来 当然来了
Wait a second, it's getting cold.
等一下 感觉有点冷
Geez, what's that?
天啊 那是什么
A dead cat. I wear it to keep away evil spirits.
一只死猫 我戴着它是为了辟邪
Wish I'd have worn one.
真希望我也戴一个
Want to dance?
想跳舞吗
My name is...
我叫
Are you dancing or taking a tour?
你是跳舞的还是过来玩的
I'm dancing, what do you think? Come on.
我在跳舞 你觉得呢 来吧
You have a nice body, you know that?
知道吗 你身材很好
- You think so? - Yeah.
- 你这么觉得 - 对
- Look, my name... - Listen, do you put out?
- 听着 我的名字 - 嘿 你想出去吗
- You mean at least? - What do you mean?
- 你是说至少 - 什么鬼
Do you put out or don't you?
你到底想不想出去
No.
不
I don't know what I'm doing talking to you.
那我还跟你聊什么
Somebody like you ought to be asking me.
像你这样的人应该主动来问我
- Would you like to dance, miss? - Get lost.
- 小姐 你想跳舞吗 滚一边去
I can't stand losers.
我受不了衰货
Now why'd I say that?
我为什么要这么说啊
I mean, that was a terrible thing to say to a boy like that.
我是说 对这种男孩说这样的话也太可怕了
He probably has a mirror at home that he looks in every day just like me.
他可能和我一样 家里也有一面镜子每天照镜子
Hey, nat! Nat, would you like to go with us?
小娜 你想和我们一起走吗
Stanley can drop you off after he drops me off.
斯坦利先送我一程再送你
It's on his way home.
他也顺路
Maybe she wants to wait for Harvey, they can take a taxi or something.
也许她想等哈维 他们可以一起打车什么的
I don't need Harvey, I can take the bus.
我不需要哈维 我可以坐公交车
Oh, why should you have to take a bus?
你为什么要坐公交车呢
Come on, Stanley can drop you on his way home.
走吧 斯坦利可以顺道送你
He doesn't mind, do you, Stanley?
他不介意 对吧 斯坦利
- If you don't, I don't. - Good.
- 你不介意我就不介意
Nat, would you mind sitting in front for a while?
小娜 你能在前面坐一会儿吗
Oh, Stanley. Stanley.
哦 斯坦利 斯坦利
Oh!
哦
My uncle Harold was coming home.
我叔叔哈罗德要回国了
I was very excited about it because I've always been crazy about my uncle Harold
我很兴奋 因为我一直很喜欢我的哈罗德叔叔
even though I hadn't seen him since I was a little girl.
尽管我小时候就没见过他
He joined the Navy as a pharmacist mate during the war and then stayed in it.
战争期间 他以药剂师的身份加入了海军 然后留在了海军
But he picked up some type of tropical crud like malaria, beriberi,
但他染上了某种热带疾病诸如疟疾 脚气病
or whatever it is you pick up in the Navy,
或者其他海军经常得的病
and they were retiring him with some medals and half pay.
他们要让他退休 给他一些奖章和一半报酬
The thing that I remembered especially was that he always used to call me "Princess."
我记得特别清楚的是 他总是叫我“公主”
The "little Princess."
小公主
I guess he really made me feel like that's what I was to him.
我想他真的让我觉得 我在他眼里就是公主
- Natalie, they're here! - Okay, mama!
- 娜塔莉 他们来了 好了 妈妈
Edna! I - Harold, you're here!
埃德娜 我- 哈罗德 你来了
Oh!
哦
Oh, I'm glad to see you!
噢 见到你真高兴
You know, you're losing your hair.
知道吗 你有点秃了
What do you want, I'm losing my hair.
这有什么的 我早就秃了
What do you mean? That's all right, he makes me feel younger.
什么意思 没关系 他让我感觉更年轻了
You'd never believe I was your older brother.
你绝对不会相信我是你哥哥吧
I believe you're my older brother. Take my hat, older brother.
我信你是我哥哥 把我的帽子拿去 哥哥
You look... where's my little Princess?
你看起来 我的小公主呢
Oh, she'll be right out. Natalie!
她马上就出来 娜塔莉
Come on. How was the Navy?
出来吧 海军怎么样
Well, it was someplace to go, it was something to do.
是个不错的地方 可以做很多事
Listen, here, have some grapes.
来 吃点葡萄
Now not too much because we're gonna have a big supper.
但不要吃太多 因为我准备了一顿丰盛的晚餐
So, come on now, talk to me, how was the plane ride?
来吧 跟我说说 飞机坐得怎么样
Now couldn't they send a sailor home by boat?
现在他们就不能让一个水手坐船回家吗
I mean, it's safer.
我是说 这样更安全
What do you mean "safer"? He's here.
更安全是什么意思 他都在这呢
That's right, I'm here. Look, I haven't got the time for boats, you know that.
没事 我在这 听着 我没时间坐船 你知道的
Oh, but we worried.
但我们很担你心
We worried, Sidney. By boat, we wouldn't have worried.
我们挺担心 西德尼 如果乘船 我们就不用担心了
Well, the plane ride was all right, edna, believe me.
坐飞机挺好的 埃德娜 相信我
- Where is she? - Oh, she's still dressing.
- 她在哪里 - 她还在打扮着
You know, she wants to look extra nice for that uncle of hers.
她想在她叔叔面前显得特别漂亮
Nice is good enough, you know.
你知道 差不多就行了
Extra nice is for boyfriends, not for uncles.
最漂亮的时候给男朋友看吧 不用给叔叔
I wanted to see him more than any other person I knew,
我比我认识的任何人都想见他
but I remember suddenly thinking I couldn't open the door
但我记得我突然觉得我踌躇不前
because I didn't have on my tiger costume.
因为我没穿老虎装
Natalie?
娜塔莉
- Is she going to college? - Well, if she wants to.
- 她要上大学吗 - 如果她想上的话
Natalie.
娜塔莉
Who knows what she wants?
谁知道她想要什么
What do you mean she can't explain?
她解释不了是什么意思
She has to explain.
她必须给个解释
Tomorrow, it's no longer my brother, the sailor.
明天他就不再是我的水手弟弟了
Tomorrow, it's my brother, the partner I'm gonna be seeing every day in the drugstore.
就是我的同事弟弟了 每天都会在药店见面
Friday nights, he's my brother, the bachelor.
周五晚上 他就是我的单身汉弟弟
Don't you think he's entitled once in a while to a good home-cooked meal
你不觉得他应该有资格跟自己唯一的家人
and the only family that he knows?
吃一顿家常饭吗
How am I going to invite him?
我还怎么去邀请他
What am I going to say to him every day? "Harold, Natalie is still out for that walk."
我每次要对他说什么 “哈罗德 娜塔莉还在外面闲逛 ”
Sidney, sit, shh, sit down, sit down and lower your voice.
西德尼 坐下 嘘 坐下 坐下 小声点
- You'll wake her. - So I'll wake her. So?
- 你会吵醒她的 - 叫醒就叫醒呗
She merits consideration after what she did?
她做了那种事就没考虑过后果吗
Shh, lower your voice.
嘘 小声点
Look, sid, I don't think it's because she...
希德 我不认为这是因为她…
She didn't want to see Harold.
她不想见哈罗德
I think it's just because she's upset about a lot of things just now.
我想是因为她现在对好多东西都不高兴
- For instance? - Well, for instance, the high school graduation dance.
比如 - 比如高中毕业舞会
Now that's less than... Less than two weeks away
距现在不到两周了
and she doesn't have a boy to take her.
而她还没有找到男孩来陪她作伴
You think that's not on her mind?
你觉得她没想过吗
Believe me, Sidney, that's on her mind.
相信我 西德尼 她一直为此而苦恼
I guess it's supposed to be one of the most important times in a girl's life,
我想这应该是一个女孩一生中最重要的时刻
but I wasn't even thinking about the graduation dance.
但我根本没想过什么毕业舞会
I mean, I was thinking a lot about graduation, but not about the dance.
我想了很多关于毕业的事 但没想过舞会的事
But hearing them talk about it reminded me because I had to think about it.
这次听到他们谈论提醒了我 我真的得去想想了
Because then I did something really silly.
因为我随后做了一件很傻的事
I made mama buy me this expensive evening gown because I told her
我让妈妈给我买♥♥了这件昂贵的晚礼服 因为我告诉她
that I had met this premed student who lived in New Jersey
我认识了一个医学预科生 住在新泽西
and he had asked to take me to the dance.
他邀请我去参加舞会
I don't know why i did it, except maybe I knew papa would be paying for it.
我不知道我为什么这么做 也许我知道爸爸会买♥♥单
I guess I was angry at him for not understanding about uncle Harold.
我想我是在生他的气因为他不懂哈罗德叔叔那件事
Mama, it's only for one night. What's papa gonna say?
妈妈 就去一晚 爸爸会怎么说
You let me worry about papa.
爸爸的事让我来操心吧
It's your graduation dance.
这是你的毕业舞会
电影精选列表