I thought we could discuss this matter candidly, but perhaps I was wrong.
你究竟想和我理论什么?
Discuss what, exactly?
这些信是你写的
These letters are written in your hand.
我认为没有人会否认这一点
I don't think anyone would dispute that.
我警告过你不止一次
I'm not gonna warn you more than once.
我可不是我父亲
I'm not my father.
-你的恐吓手段根本吓不到我 -是
- You can't scare me into needing you. - No.
是吗
Oh.
你也太高估你自己了
You think pretty highly of yourself, don't you?
给我听着
Yeah? Listen to me.
你只是一个小女孩
You're just another girl,
有点早熟
past ripe,
以为自己
who thinks that she's...
很特别
too special
在这个世界上
for this world.
没有人会明白你心里在想什么 是不是?
Nobody understands what's in your heart, is that it?
可我了解你 丽兹
Well, I understand you, Lizzie.
我对你了如指掌
I understand you.
你在别人眼里都微不足道
You're nothing to no one.
过去是如此 将来也还是如此
You never were, never will be.
你才是那个不知深浅的人
It's you that doesn't know me.
你听懂了吗?你会一直如此
You hear? And that's how you wanna keep it.
我向你保证
I promise you.
丽兹
Lizzie.
刚刚用力过猛 让我都觉得有点口渴了
All this exertion has made me a little thirsty.
晚安 女士们
Good night, ladies.
我没事 布里奇特
I'm fine, Bridget.
不要担心莫尔斯先生
Don't worry about Mr. Morse.
他今天早上走了
He left this morning.
很早 天刚亮时走的
Early. First light.
一句话都没有跟你父亲说
Not even a word to your father.
谢谢你所做的一切
I appreciate what you did.
我什么都没做
I didn't do anything.
别把我赶出你的房♥间
Don't make me leave this room.
好
No.
你回来得好早
You're home early.
呃 我……
I, uh...
今天我本来是想和你一起吃午饭的
thought I'd have lunch with you today.
麦琪在哪儿?
Where's Maggie?
下午的时间是由她自己支配的
Her afternoons are her own.
麦琪?
Maggie?
你有衬衫急需修补吗?
Do you have a shirt in urgent need of mending?
还是你有件银器需要擦拭?
Or some silver you'd like polished?
我一直都很震惊
I am... continually astonished
你总会有无数种方式来羞辱你自己在家里的地位
at the endless number of ways you find to humiliate yourself in this family.
你就是个爱尔兰小婊♥子♥ 是吧?
Nothing but an Irish whore,aren't ya?
说出来
Say it.
说啊
Say it!
我是个爱尔兰婊♥子♥
I'm an Irish whore.
我不希望你和麦琪继续来往
I don't want you spending time with Maggie.
您说什么?
What?
我不希望你辅♥导♥麦琪 我不希望你和她一起出去玩
I don't you tutoring Maggie, I don't want you going on outings with Maggie,
我不希望你和她说话
I don't you speaking to Maggie
除了那些主人和女佣之间的正常对话
on any terms but those appropriate to Lady and housemaid.
我说得够明白了吗?
Am I clear?
布里奇特是我的朋友
Bridget is my friend.
不 你错了
No, you are mistaken.
她是你的佣人
She's your servant.
这是永远无法改变的事实
In any case,it makes no difference.
我会在九月 下通知让麦琪走
I'll be giving Maggie her notice come September.
以什么理由?
On what grounds?
我不需要以任何理由
I need no grounds.
你们之间这种依恋关系是不正常的 必须结束
This attachment you've formed is unhealthy, and it must end.
别逼我说得更直白
Please don't force me to put it any more bluntly than that.
说啊
Say it.
你怎么想的就怎么说
Say exactly what you mean.
我想听你说
I wanna hear you say it.
丽兹 你真可恨
You're an abomination, Lizzie.
我们是一样的 父亲
And at last, we are on equal footing, father.
他不会原谅你的
He won't forgive you.
现在不会了
Not now.
请注意你跟我说话的方式
You watch how you speak to me.
为什么?
Why?
过不了多久他就会把你送走
It won't be long before he sends you away.
我好害怕
I'm afraid.
我不会让任何人伤害你
I won't let anyone hurt you.
你没办法保证这个的
You can't promise that.
我可以的
I will promise it.
我会好好处理这件事
I will make good on it.
你相信我吗?
Do you believe me?
如果你需要我帮忙
If you need my help,
随时跟我说
you have it.
既然你这么说了 那你就该明确这一点
You must be certain if you say that.
无论我们要付出什么代价都无所谓
No matter what the cost.
我知道
I am.
布里奇特
Bridget?
布里奇特 快来啊
Bridget, come quick!
有人杀了爸爸
Somebody's killed father!
快去找警♥察♥ 马上去
Go for the police! Now!
布里奇特 快去
Bridget, go!
你知道你父亲有仇人吗?
To your knowledge, did your father have any enemies?
要我重复吗?
Shall I repeat the question?
不用 我听到了
No, I heard you.
请回答我的问题
Please answer.
这是美国 先生
This is America, sir.
每个活着的人都有仇人
Every man with a pulse has enemies.
确实有遗嘱 我之前看到过
Of course, there's a will. I've seen it.
但遗嘱不在父亲的办公室或这个房♥子里
Well, it's certainly not in father's office or this house.
你联♥系♥过律师了吗?
Have you contacted the attorney?
安德鲁·詹尼斯是父亲的律师 可他对遗嘱一无所知
Andrew Jennings is father's attorney,and he knows nothing of a will.
一定还有另一个律师 比如财产律师
There must be another attorney. An estate attorney.
好吧 我觉得这不可能 你是知道我父亲的
Well, I find that hard to imagine. You knew father.
我们曾经都以为他会长命百岁
Probably thought he'd live forever.
但现在证明我们都错了 不是吗?
I suppose that's a mistake we all make now, isn't it.
谋杀案发生时 波登小姐就在房♥子里
We have young Miss Borden at the house during the murder event.
我们发现了凶手使用的凶器
We have the murder weapon.
你最多只能说 你找到了一把斧头
You have a hatchet. That is as much as can be said.
我们找到了一把带有血迹和头发的斧头
We have a hatchet encrusted with blood and hair.
还有杀人动机
And we have motive.
根本没有什么杀人动机
There's no motive.
并不是你想的那样
On the contrary.
因为遗嘱的突然消失
As a result of this suddenly untraceable will,
你和你妹妹就是继承全英格兰最大财产之一的人
you and your sister stand to inherit one of the largest fortunes in New England.
这是污蔑
That is a vile insinuation.
艾玛
Emma,
如果……
if...
丽兹愿意自首就可以判为一个轻罪
Lizzie pleads guilty to a lesser charge,
一个轻罪?
A lesser charge?
这是什么意思?
What would that mean?
这就是我们正要讨论的问题
It's up for discussion.
过失杀人罪?
Manslaughter?
也许 是无意识的过失杀人吧
Involuntary manslaughter,perhaps?
那麦琪呢?
And what of Maggie?
嗯?她一直都在房♥子里
Hmm? She was here the whole time.
难道她就没有罪吗?
Is she accused of no crime?
在你继母被杀的时候
Several witnesses can place Maggie outside washing windows
有好几个人都证明了 麦琪当时在擦房♥子外面的窗户
at the time of your step-mother's murder.
你叔叔也有不在场证明
And your uncle has an alibi.
可你妹妹不知所踪有点可疑
Your sister's whereabouts are less clear.
但我妹妹是无辜的
But my sister is innocent.
当然 目前还没有证据证明我们说的这些是对的