Miss.
你还好吗?
You all right?
没事 我很好
Yeah, I'm fine.
你确定吗?
You sure?
-对 它已经过去了 -也许我们应该休息了
- Yeah, it's passed. - Maybe we should stop.
我没事 这些感觉总是来的措不及防
I'm fine. I never know when they're gonna happen.
我们继续吧
Let's carry on.
她的裙子……
Her dress...
下午好 麦琪
Afternoon, Maggie.
下午好 博登先生
Afternoon, Mr. Borden.
我想告诉你一下 那个…
I just, uh, wanna let you know that...
我们都认为你在这
We all think you're going a...
工作干得不错
fine job here.
谢谢你 先生
Thank you, sir.
房♥间住得还舒服吗?
Do you find your room comfortable?
很舒服 先生
Yes, sir.
上面可能会有些热
It can get quite hot up there.
没关系的 先生
I don't mind, sir.
没事的时候最好敞开门
Sometimes, it's best to leave the door open.
让空气多流通一下
Let the air circulate.
我很高兴能来这里工作
I'm very grateful to be here.
也许我应该给你加薪
Perhaps you could do with a raise.
加一点工资
A small raise.
你真是太好了 先生
That's very kind of you, Sir.
好吧
Well.
就在这好好干吧
Wouldn't wanna lose you.
你要乖一点 麦琪
Be a sweet girl, Maggie.
没事的
It's all right.
你也躲在我的秘密基地里了
I see you've taken over my hiding place.
我没在躲
Not hiding.
没有吗?
No?
没有
No.
我只是……
Just...
来这里休息一下 仅此而已
Taking a rest, that's all.
我给你带来了一样东西
I brought you something.
我标记了一些段落 你可以从那看起
I marked a few I thought you might start with.
你犯下的罪行 总有一天会暴露
出来
Show yourself!
也许该跟警♥察♥说一下 这些恐吓信的事了
Perhaps it's time we tell the constable about these threats.
这是我们的家丑 不可外扬
It's our affair, and it will remain that way.
爸爸 你是不是做了什么事?
Father, have you done something?
我是说…
I only mean...
你最近收♥购♥的一些土地...
Some of the land you've recently acquired...
是我们收♥购♥的 丽兹
We have acquired, Lizzie.
是我们
We.
他们只是普通农民
They're simple farmers.
他们并不理解土地所有权的变化是什么意思 或许...
They don't understand what's happened to their holdings. Perhaps...
如果他们能还完贷款 那些地就还是他们的
Perhaps if they had made good on their loans, the land would still be theirs.
我做了什么吗?
Have I done something?
你自大的气焰让我感到惊讶
Your arrogance borders on the stupefying.
你想要玩弄大众是吗
You and your desperate attempts to play the society major.
是你在跟他们说闲话 是吗?
You gossip with them,don't you?
你和她们的丈夫说我得坏话 这是你的游戏是吗
You talk about me, and you talk to their husbands, and it's all a game.
不是的 父亲
No, father...
你在大庭广众之下晕倒
Your wanton displays,your public spells.
让我们受众人嘲笑和攻击
You lay us open to ridicule and attack.
我们现在处于弱势了 丽兹
We are vulnerable now, Lizzie.
你没觉得这都是因为你吗?
Do you not see that that's because of you?
对 你说得对
Yes, you must be right.
我知道你想要保守行事
I know you want to proceed conservatively,
我们需要额外的资金来支撑
but with your land holdings tripling these past few years,
投资一个大型设施将会是
we will need additional support.
一项不错的投资项目
A large facility would be a wise investment.
-我不想花太多的钱 -我知道
- I don't want to spend any more than necessary. - I know.
安德鲁 我了解你一点
If there's one thing I know about you, Andrew,
你很珍惜每一分钱
every nickel spent is a nickel missed.
你说的是 每一分钱
You mean every penny.
哦 丽兹
Oh, Lizzie.
呃 过来跟你约翰叔叔问好
Uh, come and say hello to your uncle John.
他可是远道而来的
He's come a long way.
刚从城里回来吗
Out on the town?
艾比 我和约翰还有公事要谈
Abby, John and I have work to do.
-不介意的话 先回避一下 -好的 这就走
- If you don't mind - Yes, of course.
走吧 丽兹
Come along now, Lizzie.
丽兹 把门关上
Lizzie. Close the door, please.
我来吧
I can manage.
约翰 我要给你看点东西
Something I'd like you to see, John.
都是同一个人写的?
All in the same hand?
没错
They are.
我很为我的女儿们担忧
I worry for the girls, mostly.
好多个晚上 我彻夜难眠
Some nights, I barely sleep.
你确定这些恐吓是 真的吗?
You believe these threats are genuine?
我是该好好理理手头的事了 如果有什么事发生在我身上…
It's time I put my affairs in order. If something's gonna happen to me...
哦 别说胡话
Oh, don't talk nonsense.
我的女儿得有人照顾
The girls will need looking after.
得有人保卫她们的安全 和经济来源
Someone to guard and maintain their finances,
就像你常说的那样 约翰
as you've always suggested, John.
哇 嗯……
Woah, um...
啊 你的女儿们 从没考虑过我来照顾她们
Ah, your girls, they've never taken to me.
艾玛有可能 但是……
Emma, maybe, but...
丽兹…不可能
Lizzie... No.
她们对外面的世界一无所知 特别是丽兹
They know nothing of the matters of the world. Especially Lizzie.
她的身体怎么样了?
How's her health?
如果你不介意我这么问的话
If you don't mind my asking.
变得更糟了
Worse.
鲍恩医生提议让她住院 但……
Dr. Bowen recommends institutionalization, but...
一想到要把她送走……
the thought of sending her away...
虽然 这可能是无法避免的
Though, it may be...inevitable.
所以我需要一个人
This is why I need someone
来以她的名义 做这件事
to operate on their behalf
就不会有感情上的纠葛
without sentiment.
我知道这是强人所难了
I know it's an imposition.
约翰 你愿意帮我吗?
Will you do that for me, John?
答应我好吗?
Will you promise me?
我答应你
I promise.
我试试
I'll try.
如果你不介意的话 我希望你能在这呆几天
I'd like you to stay on a few days, if you don't mind.
我会让麦琪收拾好客房♥
I'll have Maggie set up the guest room.
这张照片 当时你妈妈和你差不多大
Your mother was just about your age when that was taken.
我总是惊叹 怎么能忘记这么美丽的容颜
I too often forget how beautiful she was.
是啊 她很美
Yes, she was.
我们都很想她
We all miss her.
我希望我们能和好如初
I want us to make a new beginning.
我也是这么想的 父亲
That's exactly what I want, father.
父亲不会相信有人闯进来了
Father won't believe someone broke in.
你会把情况越弄越糟
You'll only make things worse.
闭嘴 艾玛
Shut your mouth, Emma.
下午好
Good afternoon.
这些一共值多少?
How much for all of it?
谢谢你 艾玛 你呢丽兹
Thank you,Emma. Lizzie.
麦琪在家吗?
Is your Maggie at home?
我敢肯定她在家里某个地方
I'm sure she's here somewhere.
我在这 先生
I'm right here, sir.
-抢劫案发生时你在家吗?这位…… -苏利文
- Were you home at the time of the robbery, Miss... - Sullivan
-我在挂窗帘 -她不可能会偷我们的东西
- I was hanging shades - She wouldn't steal from us.
那 你也没听到什么声音吗?
Didn't hear anything, then?
没什么奇怪的声音吗?
No strange noises?
没有看到什么人逃离现场吗?
Didn't see anyone fleeing the scene?
没有 我想不起来了 先生
No. Not that I recall, sir.
接下来的事可能会比较无礼 沙利文小姐
Not to be indelicate,Miss Sullivan,
你介意我们到你的房♥间去看看吗?
but would you mind if we took a look around your room?