没这个必要
That won't be necessary.
什么叫没这个必要?
What do you mean,"that won't be necessary"?
我能单独跟你说几句吗?福利特副局长
Might I speak to you in private, Deputy Fleet?
典当行的老板来找过我
The owner of Pawn & Thrift paid a visit to my office.
我们不会被恐惧所伤害
We will not be victimized by fear.
不要
No.
不 不
No! No!
住手
Stop it!
啊
Ah!
妈的
Damn it!
不
No!
妈的
Damn it!
吃饭 丽兹
Eat, Lizzie.
我说了吃饭
I said you will eat.
如果她不饿 就不用吃了 安德鲁
She doesn't have to eat if she's not hungry, Andrew.
是的 可能你老婆想吃我的这份 她看起来很饿
Yes, maybe your wife would like mine. She looks hungry.
约翰叔叔看起来也很饿
Uncle John looks hungry too.
今晚的食物很多 不是吗? 父亲
There's more than enough to go around, isn't there, father?
你想就这样把我们送走吗?
You think you're just gonna ship us off?
像扔废料一样 把那些老女佣们赶出去吗?
Throw the old maids out like scraps?
把一切都交给这个变♥态♥和婊♥子♥是吧?
Give it all to the pervert and the old cow, it that it?
你不能这样跟我说话
You will not speak to me like this.
跟你的母亲和约翰叔叔道歉
You will apologize to your mother and your uncle John.
你再说一遍她是我妈妈
Don't you dare call her my mother.
道歉
Apologize.
你就是个懦夫 爸爸
You're a coward, father.
懦夫 骗子
A coward and a liar!
天哪
Oh!
哦 天哪 我的天哪
Oh, my God. Oh, my God.
我这样威胁不到我的 丽兹
I will not be treated this way, Lizzie!
开门
Open the door!
丽兹
Lizzie!
丽兹 别这样
Lizzie, stop this!
丽兹
Lizzie!
天哪 丽兹
Oh, Lizzie.
他们现在就会把你送走的 你不明白吗?
They will take you away now. Don't you know that?
麦琪 给她洗个澡
Maggie, draw her a bath.
我怎么了
Did I...
刚刚你晕倒了
You had a spell.
没事的 我来帮您
You're all right. Let me help you.
这衣服坏了吗
Is it ruined?
我可以缝好
We can save it.
没事的
It's nothing.
您一定很冷
You must be freezing.
我不想和你讨论这件事 丽兹
I cannot discuss this with you, Lizzie.
可是决定权在我手里
Decisions are being made on my behalf.
我有权利知道我的遗产是不是被人拿去滥用或是挥霍了 不是吗?
I have a right to know if my inheritance has been abused or squandered, don't I?
您还做了什么?
What else has been done?
你得理解 这些都是机密文件
You must know that's confidential.
也许有些事情 你应该直接和你父亲谈谈
Perhaps it's something you should raise directly with your father.
你是我们家族的律师
You're the family attorney.
难道我不算这个家族的一员吗?
Am I not a member of the family?
我对你父亲的意向 一无所知
I know nothing of your father's intentions,
即使是我想看机密文件 也是不行的
and even if I chose to break his confidence, which I cannot,
我们的办公室里没有保留副本
We keep no copies in the office.
你父亲绝对不会允许我这么做的
You father would never allow it.
詹尼斯先生 请您说清楚一点
Mr. Jennings, speak plainly.
约翰·莫尔斯是我的遗产管理人吗?
Is John Morse to be the custodian of my inheritance?
我敢肯定你叔叔会把家族的利益放在首位
I'm sure your uncle has only the family's best interest at heart.
我叔叔只不过是个失败的贩马商
My uncle is nothing but a failed horse trader.
-丽兹…… -他是个满嘴跑火车的人
- Lizzie... - He is a liar and a fraud.
我父亲会听取约翰的建议只是因为他需要一个男性的陪伴
My father only keeps his counsel out of some adolescent need for male companionship.
他不配 詹尼斯先生
He is unfit, Mr. Jennings.
你知道这一点 但你没有反对我父亲这么做
You know this, yet you do not contradict my father.
你想让他的一时兴起毁了我们所有人吗?
You allow him to destroy us all on a whim?
您觉得您对我和妹妹 没有任何责任了吗?
Do you feel no responsibility to me or to my sister?
我收到一封信
Got a letter.
我只能读懂一些
I can read some of it.
可不可以……念给我听
Just... Just read it.
我们曾多次试图联♥系♥你
Attempts were made to contact you on several occasions,
但不幸的是 我们现在才找到你当前的住址
but unfortunately, we've just now located your current address.
我很抱歉地告知你 你的母亲
I regret to inform you that your mother,
玛丽·凯瑟琳·沙利文
Mary Catherine Sullivan,
在遭受很长时间的病痛折磨后 去世了
has passed on after a long illness.
我很抱歉 布里奇特
I'm sorry, Bridget.
听到你母亲去世的消息 我很难受 麦琪
Awful to hear of your mother's passing, Maggie.
谢谢你的关心 先生
Thank you, sir.
这……这真的是……
It's... It's been quite...
博登先生
Mr. Borden.
现在没事了 麦琪
It's all right now, Maggie.
没事了 甜心
It's all right, sweet girl.
嘘 麦琪
Shh, Maggie.
照我现在说的去做 麦琪
Do what I say now, Maggie.
啊
Ah!
你觉得如果我离开的话……
You think if I leave...
他会帮我写推荐信吗?
he'd give me a reference?
或是给我找个新工作?
Find me a new position?
你就是这么想的吗?
Is that what you think?
想想你父亲的名望
Understand the weight that your father's name carries.
好好想想
Understand it.
-我明白 -你压根就不明白
- I do understand. - You don't.
你是想让我饿死吗?
Would you prefer I starve?
你以为是我自己选择来这的吗?
You think I choose to be here?
丽兹
Lizzie.
事情比我想象中的还要糟糕
Things come out worse than I mean.
糟的多
A lot.
不
No.
对不起
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉 这件事发生在你身上
I'm sorry this is happening to you.
作为他的女儿 我感到羞耻
I'm ashamed to be his daughter.
一直以来我都在自欺欺人
I've been lying to myself for so long now.
我总告诉自己…
Telling myself...
事情总会有好转的
that things will get better.
但它并不会 对吗?
But it won't, will it?
永远不会
Not ever.
你为什么对我这么好?
Why are you kind to me?
丽兹?
Lizzie?
我在这 艾玛
I'm here, Emma.
你们都将在痛苦中死去
你看一下这字迹
Look at the handwriting.
与我在父亲办公室找到的一份合同一样
It matches a contract I found in father's office.
我们不能这么妄下定论
We can't be certain.
我都看见他了 艾玛
I saw him, Emma.
那父亲又怎么会看不见呢?
How could father not see it?
他可能永远不会相信这个的
He would never believe it.
他早已被他们的合作关系蒙蔽了双眼
He's blinded by their partnership.
约翰叔叔在利用父亲的恐惧
Uncle John is playing on father's fear.
他在操纵父亲签字转让我们本该继承的遗产 艾玛
He's manipulating father into signing over our inheritance, Emma.
好吧 无论你要做什么 都不要激怒约翰
Well, whatever you do,don't provoke John.
他和我们不一样
He's not like the rest of us.
你错了
You're wrong.
他现在很绝望 他已经无处可去了
He's desperate. He has no place left to go.
他和我们一样
He's exactly like us.
又去城里了吗?
Out on the town?
从没发现 你也是个夜猫子
Never picked you for a night bird.
你真的以为你能蒙混过关吗?
You really expected to get away with this?
什么?
Well?
你甚至都没有足够的勇气当着我的面承认这一点
You don't even have enough courage to admit it to my face.
是吧?
Do you?
别跟我打哑谜了 丽兹
Oh, don't play games, Lizzie.
我原本以为我们可以坦诚相当 看来我想错了