He sent me a wireless from your ship.
哦,是的。他在我的第一个停靠港下了船。
Oh, yes. He got off at my first port of call.
但是什么港口? -那是我的事。
But what port? - That's my business.
也许美国领事会把它当作他的生意。
Maybe the American consul will make it his business.
请代我向领事问好。
Well, give the consul my regards.
你知道这个人要来阿皮亚,是不是?
You knew this man wanted to come to Apia, didn't you?
我在海上救了他…
I rescued him at sea...
把他送到我的第一个停靠港。
And dropped him off at my first port of call.
什么港口?
What port?
是座岛,长官 -什么岛?
It was an island, sir. - What island?
南纬15度…
Latitude 15 degrees south...
西经170度。
And longitude 170 west.
南1-5,西1-7-0。
1-5 south, 1-7-0 west.
非常小,先生。你在海图上找不到。
Very small, sir. You won't find it on the charts.
那它就不是港口了。
Then it isn't a port.
嗯,这是一个岛,先生。
Well, it's an island, sir.
我掉了一些货物在那里。
I dropped some cargo there.
哦,我明白了。
Oh, I see.
目前就这些了。
That'll be all for the present.
是的,先生。
Yes, sir.
如果我发现任何违规行为,我会吊销你的执照。
If I find any irregularities, I'll have your license revoked.
是的,先生 -你不喜欢吗?
Yes, sir. - Wouldn't like that, would you?
不长官 -我不认为你会
No, sir. - I didn't think you would.
是的,先生。
Yes, sir.
是的,长官 -早上好,船长
Yes, sir. - Good morning, captain.
托马斯小姐,这是多纳休上尉。-你好!
Miss Thomas, this is captain Donahue. - How do you do?
你们什么时候准备好启航? -我准备好了,先生。
When will you be ready to sail? - I'm ready now, sir.
你会发现多纳休的船很安全
You'll find Donahue's boat Perfectly safe,
但不是很舒服。-我把她折腾了个遍。
But not very comfortable. - I've worked her all over.
你清楚你的立场吗? -有,南15号♥,西170号♥。
Are you clear on the position? - Yes. 15 south and 170 west.
好的。好吧,祝你好运。-谢谢。
Okay. Well, good luck. - Thank you.
非常感谢。-一点也不。很高兴为您服务。
Thank you so much. - Not at all. Glad to be of service.
罗大。你吓了我一跳。
Lota. You startled me.
你是个奇怪的孩子。
You're a strange child.
跟我说话。
Talk to me.
不是现在。
Not now.
跟我说话。
Talk to me.
罗塔,你知道这是什么吗? -书。
Lota, do you know what this is? - Book.
是的,书。莫罗博士的图书馆。
Yes, book. From Dr. Moreau's library.
关于电,无线电报,无线电。
About electricity, wireless telegraphy, radio.
如何建立短波发射机。
How to build a shortwave transmitter.
你当然一点也不知道……
Course you haven't the faintest idea...
你知道我在说什么吗?
What I'm talking about, have you?
多跟我说。
Talk to me more.
好吧。
All right.
我要告诉你一些你会明白的事。
I'l tell you something you will understand.
罗大,我必须离开这个岛。
Lota, I must get away from this island.
书……把你带走。
Book... take you away.
也许书能把我带走。
Maybe book take me away.
罗大!
Lota!
你为什么这么做?
Why did you do that?
书把你带走。
Book take you away.
罗大…我爱上了别人。
Lota... I'm in love with someone else.
我应该告诉你的。
I should have told you.
爱吗?
Love?
哦……
Ohh...
罗大。
Lota.
莫罗,你不配活下去。-请原谅。
Moreau, you don't deserve to live. - I beg your pardon.
丛林里的生物够可怕的了
Those creatures in the jungle were horrible enough,
但是创造了那个女孩…
But to have created that girl...
罗大吗? -是的,罗大。哦,是犯罪。
Lota? - Yes, Lota. oh, it's criminal.
你是个非常不懂科学的年轻人。
You're an amazingly unscientific young man.
我可以忽略其他的。
I could have overlooked those others.
我本可以给你那么多的考虑。
I could have shown you that much consideration.
但现在我要让你接触这个世界…
But now I'l expose you to the world...
你的真面目,莫罗。-你什么时候走?
for what you really are, Moreau. - When are you leaving?
我看你最好坐下来,让自己舒服一点。
I think you'd better sit down and make yourself comfortable.
你想喝杯茶吗? -不,谢谢。
Would you care for a cup of tea? - No, thank you.
我们不妨坦率地讨论一下,
We may as well discuss this frankly,
既然你知道事实了。
now that you know the facts.
罗大是我最近乎完美的作品。
Lota is my most nearly perfect creation.
我想带她一起去,作为展览品a…
I was thinking of taking her with me as exhibit "a"...
凯♥旋♥回伦敦
on a triumphal return to London.
我想证明…
I wanted to prove how completely...
她是个女人,
she was a woman,
她是否能够爱,交♥配♥…
Whether she was capable of loving, mating...
和生孩子。
and having children.
她害怕蒙哥马利和我自己。
She was afraid of Montgomery and myself.
然后你来了。
Then you came.
她对你很感兴趣。
Well, she was very much attracted to you.
你可以看到,当然,可能性…
You can see, of course, the possibilities...
介绍自己。
That presented themselves.
我要告诉你,莫罗
I'l tell you this, Moreau:
你要安排我离开这个岛…
You'll make arrangements for me to leave this island...
尽快地,
As quickly as possible,
否则你一直在做的伟大科学工作就会停止。
Or this great scientific work you've been doing will stop.
他是怎么发现的?
How did he find out?
你对他说了什么?
What did you say to him?
你做了什么让他知道?
What did you do to let him know?
怎么了,莫罗?
What is it, Moreau?
那顽固的兽皮又爬了回来。
The stubborn beast flesh creeping back.
没用的,蒙哥马利。我还是辞职算了。
It's no use, Montgomery. I may as well quit.
一天又一天,它爬回来。
Day by day, it creeps back.
它爬回来。
It creeps back.
你看到了吗?
You see this?
第一个流下了眼泪。
The first of them all to shed tears.
她是人类。
She is human.
我不打。
I'm not beaten.
准备好一切? -为了什么?
Get everything ready! - For what?
这一次我要把她身上所有的动物都烧光? -不!啊!
This time I'l burn out all the animal in her! - No! Aah!
我要把她变成完全的人类? -不!不,不!
I'l make her completely human! - No! No, no!
不!不!
No! No!
我把帕克留在这里。他已经吸引了。-不!
I'l keep Parker here. He's already attracted. - No!
剩下的就是时间和单调了。
Time and monotony will do the rest.
反曲线!反曲线!
Gola! Gola!
嗯? -船来了!男人!一个没有男人!
Huh? - Boat come! Man! One not man!
一个不是男人? -像罗大一样的人!
One not man? - One like Lota!
你好在那里呢。
Hello in there.
我想这没什么。
I guess it's all right.
你害怕吗? -不,当然不是。
You afraid? - No, of course not.
好吧。我是出于礼貌才这么问的。
All right. I just asked out of politeness.
看!
Look!
看看这些岛上有趣的景色。
See some funny sights in these islands.
那片丛林看起来没什么吸引力。
That jungle don't look any too inviting.
我们必须继续前进。我们得找到他。
We must go on. We've got to find him.
好吧。但我宁愿把它留给别人……
All right. But I'd just as soon leave it for somebody else...
如果这里有其他人来做这件事。
If there was anybody else here to do it.
丛林里有一种鸟,一种鹦鹉。
There's a bird in these jungles, kind of a parrot.
笑得像个男人。他们叫他笑驴。
Laughs like a man. They call him a laughing jackass.
鸟的名字真有趣。
Funny name for a bird.
当你发现他笑得像个男人时
When you figure out he laughs like a man,
那根本不是一个有趣的名字。
That's not such a funny name after all.
你花了很长时间,蒙哥马利。
You're taking a very long time, Montgomery.
这里有些地方短路了。
There's a short circuit here somewhere.
孩子们!
M'ling!
米前甲板!他们是乘船来的? -谁?
M'ling! They come on boats! - Who?
人♥民♥。-人?
Peoples. - People?
两个。一个大像。
Two. One like Lota.
莫罗博士!
Dr. Moreau!
莫罗博士!医生!
Dr. Moreau! Doctor!
莫罗博士!船来了!人? -人?