They are like him? One is not man.
法律是什么? -不要四肢着地跑。
What is the Law? - Not to run on all fours.
这就是法律。
That is the Law.
难道我们不是男人吗? -难道我们不是男人吗?
Are we not men? - Are we not men?
法律是什么? -不吃肉。
What is the law? - Not to eat meat.
这就是法律。
That is the Law.
难道我们不是人吗?
Are we not men?
难道我们不是人吗?
Are we not men?
什么是法律?
What is the Law?
不要流血。
Not to spill blood.
这就是法律。
That is the Law.
难道我们不是人吗?
Are we not men?
难道我们不是人吗?
Are we not men?
他是制♥造♥的手!
His is the hand That makes!
他是制♥造♥的手!
His is the Hand that makes!
他的手是可以治愈的。
His is the hand That heals.
他的手是可以治愈的!
His is the Hand that heals!
他的房♥子…
His is the House...
痛苦的!
Of Pain!
他的房♥子…
His is the House...
痛苦的!
Of Pain!
我没想到你会蠢到离开家的地步。
I didn't think you'd be idiotic enough to leave the house.
现在我明白为什么你和你的岛…
Now I can understand why you and your island...
臭气从南海的一端传到另一端。
stink from one end of the south seas to the other.
是什么使你们的本地人如此古怪?
What makes your natives such monstrosities?
我看见你在活捉一个人。
I saw you vivisecting a man.
我亲爱的小傻瓜,你完全搞错了。
My dear young fool, you're entirely mistaken.
在我的情况下,你不可能不受惩罚。
You can't get away with it in my case.
把它。
Take it.
我现在没有武器,你也得到了充分的保护。
I'm now unarmed and you're fully protected.
很明显,我对你没有恶意。
It's quite evident that I mean you no harm.
好吧,你能来我家吗?
Well, would you be good enough to come to the house?
罗大。
Lota.
罗大,回你的房♥间去!
Lota, go to your room!
20年前,我开始研究伦敦的植物生活。
I started with plant life in London 20 years ago.
我拿了一朵兰花,在它上面我创造了一个奇迹。
I took an orchid and upon it I performed a miracle.
我去掉了10万年的缓慢进化
I stripped 100,000 years of slow evolution from it,
我没有兰花了……
And I had no longer an orchid...
但是10万年后的兰花会是什么样子呢?
But what orchids will be 100,000 years from now.
这是一个。
That's one there.
是的,但是怎么做呢,医生?
Yes, but how, doctor?
通过种质的单个单位的微小变化。
By a slight change in the single unit of a germ plasm.
那是一种普通的百合。
That's a common lily.
这是一个菊花。
That's a chrysanthemum.
不幸的是,一些芦笋就是这样。
That's unfortunately what happened to some asparagus.
我继续这项研究,就像它引导我一样。
I went on with this research just as it led me.
我让我的想象奇异地跑在前面。
I let my imagination run fantastically ahead.
为什么不用更复杂的生物做实验呢?
Why not experiment with the more complex organisms?
人是一个长♥期♥有机革命过程的当前高♥潮♥。
Man is the present climax of a long process of organic revolution.
所有的动物生命都趋向于人类形态。
All animal life is tending toward the human form.
当我开始这个阶段的实验时,我还在伦敦。
I was still in London when I began this phase of my experiments.
一天,一只狗从我的实验室里逃了出来,
One day a dog escaped from my laboratory,
我尖叫着跑到街上,离开了伦敦。
Went shrieking into the streets, and I left London.
紧跟着我的报纸激起了整个英国的愤怒,为我流血。
The newspapers at my heels aroused England, crying for my blood.
我把蒙哥马利带上了。
I picked up Montgomery and brought him along.
他是个医科学生…
He was a medical student...
因玩忽职守而面临牢狱之灾。
Facing a prison term for a professional indiscretion.
那是11年前的事了
That was 11 long years ago,
我工作了11年。
11 long years I've worked.
整形手术输血
Plastic surgery, Blood transfusions,
腺体提取物与射线浴。
Gland extracts with ray baths.
用我自己在细胞有机体中的研究发现。
With what I have discovered in my own work among the cellular organisms.
我的工作,我的发现
My work, my discoveries,
我一个人。
mine alone.
用这些我已经消灭了…
With these I have wiped out...
成千上万年的进化。
Hundreds of thousands of years of evolution.
我用低等动物做的
From the lower animals I have made with --
你自己去看看,帕克先生。
Go see for yourself, Mr. Parker.
你确信这东西不是人类 -它的叫声是人类的。
You're convinced that this thing isn't human. - Its cries are human.
你知道我是怎么开始的吗? -没有。
You know what it is that I began with? - No.
一种动物。-一种动物?
An animal. - An animal?
就像外面笼子里的那些?
Like those in the cages outside?
那丛林里的那些生物呢?
Then those, creatures out in the jungle?
是我的作品。
Are my creations.
是动物做的吗? -是的。
They were made from animals? - Yes.
这个东西,这个可怜的,受尽折磨的家伙
This thing, this poor, tortured creature --
那有什么关系?
What does that matter?
在一切丑恶的事情中!派克先生,
Of all things vile! - Mr. Parker,
请别让我有这些年轻人的恐惧。
spare me these youthful horrors, please.
和那些……丛林里那些可怜的家伙
And those... those poor things out in the jungle,
这些动物,
those animals,
他们说话。
they, they talk.
这是我第一个伟大的成就:
That was my first great achievement:
由大脑控制的清晰的言语。
Articulate speech controlled by the brain.
这是一项成就。
That was an achievement.
噢,这需要很长时间和无限的耐心……
Oh, it takes a long time and infinite patience...
让他们说话。
to make them talk.
总有一天我会创造一个女人,这就会变得容易些。
Someday I will create a woman and it will be easier.
这些是我的一些不太成功的实验。
Those are some of my less successful experiments.
他们提供了创造他人的力量……
They supply the power to create others...
更成功。
more successful.
每一次实验,我都比上一次做得更好。
With each experiment, I improve upon the last.
我越来越近了。
I get nearer and nearer.
帕克先生,
Mr. Parker,
你知道感觉自己像上帝是什么意思吗?
do you know what it means to feel like god?
我说得太多了,不是吗?
I'm talking too much, aren't I?
晚安,帕克先生。-晚安。
Good night, Mr. Parker. - Good night.
你知道去你房♥间的路吗? -是的,谢谢。
You know the way to your room? - Yes, thanks.
我希望你睡个好觉。
I hope you sleep well.
谢谢。
Thanks.
晚安,各位。
Good night.
你看到了吗?她像女人一样温柔。
Did you see that? She was tender like a woman.
这个小小的场景是如何推动科学想象向前发展的。
How that little scene spurs the scientific imagination onward.
我不知道罗塔的动物起源还活着多少。
I wonder how much of Lota's animal origin is still alive.
她是多么接近完美的女人啊。
How nearly a perfect woman she is.
我有可能找到……
It's possible I may find out...
在帕克先生的帮助下。
With the aid of mr. Parker.
如果他早上去阿皮亚,我们就没有多少时间了。
We won't have much time if he leaves for Apia in the morning.
这难道不是科学的巨大损失吗?
Wouldn't it be a great loss to science...
如果他早上去阿皮亚?
If he left for Apia in the morning?
我要谢谢你,医生,因为…
I want to thank you, Doctor, for the --
很高兴为您服务。-我很感激你
Happy to have been of service to you. - I appreciate what you're --
哇!哇,这太让人伤心了。
Whoa! Whoa, this is most distressing.
我,我不知道该说什么。我无法解释它的原因。
I, I don't know what to say. I can't account for it.
除了当地人,他们昨晚有点失控了。
Unless the natives, they were a bit out of hand last night.
你说得对,伙计。
You said it, mate.
你好,亲爱的。你怎么了? -你好,宝贝。
Hello, darlin'. How you been? - Hello, baby.
你想我了吗?
Did you miss me?
我想念你吗? -对不起。原谅我。
Did I miss ya? - Pardon me. Excuse me.
你车上不是有帕克先生吗?
Didn't you have a mr. Parker on board?
帕克? -是的。
Parker? - Yes.
哦。你最好和船长谈谈。
Oh. You better talk to the skipper.
现在,伙计们,保持清醒。
Now, men, stay sober.
任何要喝的酒,我都要自己来。
Any drinking to be done, I'll do it myself.
如果你们打架了,叫我来。
If you get in a fight, send for me.
你好,宝贝。队长,队长。
Hello there, baby. - Captain, captain.
你车上不是有帕克先生吗?
Didn't you have a mr. Parker On board?
帕克? -是的。
Parker? - Yes.
不。但我不会吗?
No. But won't I do?
你不是从虚荣小姐那里救了他吗?
Didn't you rescue him from the Lady Vain?
他从你船上给我发了封电报。