但随后我们回去核实 意识到
but then we go back and realize
原来不小心将一头奶头或是什么纳入了样本
that we actually sampled a cow or something by mistake.
对 直到最近才出现严格的素食主义者 所以
Yeah, you, uh -- there are no vegans until recently, so...
对于一个很大的村庄 人挤人住在一起
When you get really big villages, people crowding together,
我想他们会吃很多谷物
and having a really high, I guess, cereal
饮食中摄入大量的谷物
amount of cereals in their diet,
他们的骨骼真的会不一样
You really see a difference in their bones.
从未见过的这些疾病
And these diseases that you would never see --
在旧石器时代从没见过
you never saw in the paleolithic,
开始大量涌入人们的视线
you start to see in kind of high abundances.
所以从科学和逻辑的角度能够说明
So does it make scientific sense as well as logical sense
我们可以从他们的生活方式中学到一些
that we can learn things from their lifestyle
-对我们有用的东西 -我认为是的
- that would then apply to us? - I think so.
我认为想一想这个进化轨迹
I think you think of this evolutionary trajectory
人类如何进化成这种状态
that made -- how these humans evolved this state,
成为现代人 我们就应该这样饮食
the modern humans, we got to be this way.
人类经过了十多万年的进化
And it's over maybe 100,000 years of evolution
才适应了这种饮食
to get to be this state of actually adapting to this diet
即以打猎和采集为生 四处迁徙
of being a hunter-gatherer, moving around a lot,
吃野生食物
eating these wild foods.
我认为我们存活的大部分时间里
I think there's no question that for most of the time
毫无疑问真的拥有
that we've been around, we had a really --
那种游牧的生活方式 运动量很大
that kind of nomadic lifestyle with lots of exercise
吃很多动物蛋白
and eating a lot of animal proteins
和野生植物
and wild plant foods.
但是如果想一想我们这个物种
But if you just think of what's been successful in terms of us
成功存活的原因 这十多万年里
as a species, we've survived, you know, 100,000 years
大部分时间 95%的时间
and most of that -- 95% of that --
都是这种适应过程
was this kind of adaptation,
都在吃野生动物食物 植物食物
was eating these wild animal foods, plants foods
做大量运动
with lots of exercise.
这是我们成功做到的事情
That's what we've been very successful at.
这是一个新的试验
It's a new experiment now.
新石器时代是一段很短的时间
This neolithic is a very short period of time,
自有人类算起 这段时间可能仅占了不到10%
you know, since we've been around, less than 10% maybe
这段时间才出现的现代人 我不确定
that modern humans have been around so, I don't know.
或许 如果你那样想的话 我是说
Maybe it's, you know -- if you think of it that way, I mean,
我们所适应的方向跟我们目前的活法并不一样
what we are adapted to is not what we're living right now.
这种旧石器时代的饮食方式
This kind of paleolithic diet,
我想可能是现代人最好的选择
I guess, is probably the most optimum for modern humans.
必须是这样 这是
It has to be. It's what, you know,
进化力量对我们的影响
evolutionary pressure has got us towards,
我们靠那种饮食活得很好
and we were successful in that kind of diet.
所以我认为这应该是人类的最佳饮食
So I think it is -- it's got to be the best diet for humans.
如果这种饮食方式是人类的最佳饮食
If this way of eating is the best diet for humans,
我想知道在我们的现代世界里
I wanted to understand how we could use this knowledge now
如何利用这一知识
in our modern world.
我电♥话♥请教了科丹教授是否任何
I called Professor Cordain to see if anyone --
医学专家或科学家
medical professional or scientist --
将这种进化营养饮食方法
was putting this evolutionary nutrition method of eating
十分耐心地付诸实践
into practice with real patients.
他建议我联♥系♥位于德州温布里的
He suggested I contact Dr. Lane Sebring at
百灵诊所的莱恩·赛百灵医生
the Sebring Clinic in Wimberley, Texas,
他治疗病人使用的
who is having extraordinary results
这种基于进化理论的
with his patients employing
饮食方式颇具成效
just such an evolution-based method of of eating.
我常跟我的病人说
One of the things I tell my patients, you know,
知道有好转的可能很不错
it's nice to know improvement's possible.
每年医生都会在单子上新开一种药
Every year, the doctor adds a new pill to your list,
而你又出现了其他问题 希望越来越渺茫
And you've got another problem, and the hope starts to fade.
我把食物归为两大类
I sort of break food into two categories
人类食物和非人类食物
human food and non-human food.
莱恩·赛百灵医生
德州温布里赛百灵诊所创始人
人类食物有瘦肉 鸡肉 鱼
And the human foods would be the lean meat, chicken, fish,
火鸡肉等 最好是来自原本可供
turkey, et cetera, preferably from an animal eating
食用的动物
what it's designed to eat.
水果 坚果和蔬菜
Fruits, nuts, and vegetables.
非人类食物有谷物
The non-human food would be the grains,
可能是我们现有最严重的问题
which is probably the worst problem we've got.
乳制品 两岁后我们就不用乳制品了
Dairy -- after two years old, we're not designed for dairy
两岁后 不用再从别的动物身上摄取了
After two years old, certainly not from another animal.
豆类和土豆
Beans and potatoes.
这就是我简单划分的两类食物
And so those are the simple categories that I put them in,
人们明白这一点 我也明白
And people understand that. I understand that.
这有助于我做选择
And it helps me to make choices.
谷物会阻碍我们长高
Grains cause us to lose height.
会使这里的蝶骨变窄
They cause a narrowing of the sphenoid bone here.
我们的骨头无法支撑整体的重量
Our bones aren't strong enough to support the full weight,
于是 支撑头骨 蝶骨变窄
And so -- and buttress the skull, and so this is narrowed.
骨头就变窄了
This bone, now, is narrowed down.
所以吃谷物会让我们头脑变小
And so we have smaller brains as a result of eating grains.
我们的鼻子受到压♥迫♥ 无法呼吸
We have more scrunched up noses we can't breathe through.
我们的下巴无法容下满口牙
And we have a jaw that can't hold a full complement of teeth,
于是会出现长重牙
And so we get overlapping teeth,
也没有足够的地方长智齿
so we have no room for our Wisdom teeth,
这种情况在世界文明人中很常见
and that's common to all civilized groups on the planet
因为他们吃谷物 开始吃了之后
because they eat grains and that happened
就出现这些问题 谷物成为饮食一部分后
when that began, and it follows the introduction
变出现了
of grains into the diet.
他们引进了谷蛋白 酵母
They bring in gluten, they bring in yeast,
导致肠道慢性炎症
they cause a chronic inflammatory state of the gut.
几乎所有的
And as a big initiator
慢性炎症 自身免疫性疾病
of almost all our chronic inflammatory diseases
风湿性关节炎 都是由此引发
autoimmune diseases, rheumatoid arthritis --
事实上在谷物成为饮食结构部分之前
virtually absent in the archaeologic record
这些在考古记录里中还是一片空白
prior to the institution of grains into the diet.
我试图让病人们意识到
I try to get patients to realize
他们需要做的就是把
what they need to do is to think
蛋白质当做缓效型葡萄糖
about protein as time-released glucose, okay?
试想下蛋白质 肝脏经过一定的时间
You think about protein, the liver can take protein
能将蛋白质转化成葡萄糖
and turn it into glucose in a time-release fashion.
功能越好转化得越多
Work harder makes more, okay?
这就是我们的身体机能
That's how we're truly designed.
多么美妙啊
How beautiful is that?
于是你一天都有持续的能量供应
So you got steady energy all day long.
但如果你吃了许多碳水化合物
But if you eat a bunch of carbohydrates,
胰岛素水平上升 胰岛素进入肝脏
then the insulin level goes up and insulin goes to the liver
阻断蛋白质转化为葡萄糖
and shuts off the conversion of protein into glucose.
现在 要是你早餐吃了牛排
So now, if you had a steak for breakfast,
没办法靠这个维持能量 明白了吗
you can't get to it for energy, you see?
于是你的血糖很快就开始下降
And so your sugars are gonna start crashing pretty soon.
那时 唯一能维持体力的方式
And at that point, the only way to get it back up
就是休息一会儿
is either to rest a little bit --
你还可以多摄入点蛋白质
and you can sort of stuff more protein in,
可以让血糖上升
and then that'll bring it up,
但多数情况下 他们都想摄入碳水化合物
But a lot of times, at that point, they're craving carbs.
希望吃快餐 想马上就吃
They want something quick, they want it now,
他们感觉不舒服
and they don't feel good.
每餐都应该以摄入蛋白质为主
Each meal should start with a major source of protein.
然后再随便添加你想吃的蔬菜
Surround that with all the vegetables you want.
加餐时 如果你想吃点水果和坚果
And then, in between meals, if you want some fruits and nuts,
或者你也能在吃正餐时加上这些
or maybe even with the meal you can do that, as well.
比如我喜欢在一大盘蔬菜沙拉里加上坚果
Like, I like to throw nuts in a big, green salad.
有时候也放水果进去
You know, sometimes fruit in there, as well.
如果你需要 这两种东西
And if you need -- those two work --
水果和坚果是最好的零食
the fruits and nuts work great for snacks.
医生 我们在布鲁克希尔兄弟超♥市♥
Doctor, here we are at Brookshire Brothers Supermarket,
是当地的一家超♥市♥
local supermarket here in town.
多数人会去常去的超♥市♥购物
And most people shop in a regular supermarket and,
他们想知道
you know, they want to really know and understand
电影精选列表