The girl I was going to marry.
我们需要一些帮助。
We could use some help.
相信我,没有什么比这更让我们高兴的了,我们所有人。
Believe me, there's nothing we'd like more, all of us.
但我们不能丢下这些羊不管。
But we just can't up and leave these sheep.
你不能派几个人跟我们一起去吗?那会有很大的不同。
Couldn't some of your men come along with us? Lt'd make a big difference.
先生,如果你了解羊的话,你就知道我们现在抽不出人手来。
Mister, if you know anything about sheep, you know we can't spare a hand just now.
我们欠你多少钱?
How much do we owe you?
50美元买马,78美元买枪。
$50 for the horse and about $78 for the guns.
换一个要花那么多钱。-习惯这个想法。
It'll take that much to replace them. - Get used to the idea.
现在只有我们两个人,等我们追上他们也就只剩我们两个人了。
It's just two of us now, and it'll just be two of us when we catch up with them.
对不起,我们不能再帮你了。
Sorry we couldn't help you more.
要喝点水吗,女士?-不了,谢谢。
Would you like some water, ma'am? - No, thank you.
我们很快就要停下来了。
We'll be stopping soon.
我们刚经过一个小镇。你为什么不让我走?
We went by a town back there. Why didn't you let me go?
让一半的人口追随我?
And have half the population after me?
我要到天黑才能骑回去。你会很安全的。
It'd take me till nightfall to ride back there. You'd be safe.
我不能这么做,巴拉德小姐。
I can't do that, Miss Ballard.
为什么?你为什么不能让我走?
Why? Why can't you let me go?
当我第一次见到你的时候,它让我想起了我多年没有想过的事情。
When I first saw you, it brought back things I hadn't thought of in years.
里士满,那些穿着奇装异服的女士们……游园会,舞会。
Richmond, the ladies in fancy dresses... garden parties, dances.
像我这样的人在这里很孤独。
It gets lonely out here for someone like me.
唯一的女人是你在沙龙里找到的,她们不是我的同类。
The only women are the ones you find in saloons, and they're not my kind.
你是。-是吗?
You are. - Am I?
你是个杀人犯。
You're a murderer.
不比你要嫁的那个男人强。
No more than the man you were gonna marry.
你不会说他是杀人犯。然而他在战争中为了生存而杀戮。
You wouldn't call him a murderer. Yet he killed in the war to live.
他的战争停止了。我没有。
His war stopped. Mine didn't.
那边有个酒馆。
There's a saloon over there.
找警长?——是的。
Looking for the sheriff? - Yes.
他在理发椅上。
He's in the barber chair.
——警长。我能为你做些什么?
Sheriff. - What can I do for you?
斯雷顿帮昨晚骑马经过这里,往南去了。
The Slayton gang rode past here last night, heading south.
我需要一些帮助去追捕他们。
I'd like some help to go after them.
你是谁?-我叫沃伦。
Who are you? - My name's Warren.
我是海因斯维尔舞台上的一名乘客。
I was a passenger on the Haynesville stage.
斯雷顿拿着它绑架了我的女儿。
Slayton held it up and kidnapped my girl.
我们听说舞台已经过期了。
We heard the stage was overdue.
今天早上有个人从海恩斯维尔过来。
Man come by this morning from Haynesville.
你说你要什么?-一些会用枪的人。
What'd you say you wanted? - Some men who can use a gun.
从我吗?我只有两个副手,其中一个在尤马。
From me? I only got two deputies, and one of them is in Yuma.
组建一支队伍。-你说得很简单。但事实并非如此。
Get up a posse. - You make it sound real easy. But it ain't.
警长,我们上周就发现了一个。
We got one up last week, Sheriff.
那是为绞刑准备的。这是不同的。
That was for a hanging. That's different.
你想去找弗兰克·斯雷顿吗?
You want to go after Frank Slayton?
不,不是我。
No, not me.
这不是他的工作,是你的。
It's not his job, it's yours.
舞台线不能穿过这里。
The stage line don't go through here.
如果被劫了,肯定是在吉拉县。
If it was held up, it'd be over in Gila County.
但他们不到六个小时前从这里经过。
But they went past here not six hours ago.
听着,先生,我现在有大麻烦了。我不需要去追它。
Look, mister, I got plenty of trouble right here. I don't have to chase after it.
每个星期天早上,监狱里的人都比当地教堂的人还多。
Every Sunday morning, my jail's got more people than the local church.
那个徽章是干什么用的?你有责任。
What's that badge for? You've got a responsibility.
就到这个小镇。
Just to this town.
其他地方都没有。
And nowheres else.
你想要枪手,去酒吧吧。你算是帮了我的忙。
Hey, you want some gun hands, try the saloon. You'll be doing me a favour.
我的搭档正在尝试。
My partner's trying that right now.
他说我不会得到你的帮助。
He told me I'd get no help from you.
也许斯雷顿带走了你的女孩。
Maybe Slayton took your girl.
那样的话,我为你感到遗憾,先生。更为那个女孩感到难过。
In that case, I'm sorry for you, mister. And even sorrier for the girl.
如果和斯雷顿帮纠缠是我的工作,我会去做的。
If it was my job to tangle with the Slayton gang, I'd do it.
但就像我说的,我的工作在这里。
But like I said, my job's right here.
你怎么样了?-就像我跟你说的没人感兴趣。
How did you make out? - Like I told you. Nobody's interested.
我想我不应该感到惊讶。
I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
我记得在罗杰车站的第一个晚上告诉斯雷顿的。
I remember telling Slayton that first night at Rodger's Station.
河对岸发生的事不关你的事?
What happens on the other side of the river is no problem of yours?
是的。所以我想我没什么可抱怨的,对吧?
Yeah. So I guess I can't complain, can I?
你知道有谁感觉不一样吗?
Do you know anybody who feels any different?
我学到了一件事,杰茜。
I learned one thing, Jess.
一个男人必须自己成长,不管他的父亲有多高。
A man's got to do his own growing, no matter how tall his father was.
斯雷顿往石泉去了。
Slayton's headed toward Rock Springs.
这不是一个很好的小镇,但你可以去那里试试。也许我们会有更好的运气。
It's not much of a town, but you can try there. Maybe we'll have better luck.
上来,韦斯特。你和文森特去石泉镇拿补给。
Get mounted, Westy. You and Vincente are going into Rock Springs for supplies.
你是说现在?-现在。
You mean right now? - Right now.
再来点酒。我们出去。
Get some liquor, too. We're out.
别惹麻烦。
And keep out of trouble.
我们可以喝点咖啡,医生。
We could do with a little coffee, Doc.
你应该多笑一点,巴拉德小姐。
You ought to smile a little more, Miss Ballard.
你什么时候放我走?-等我们离开亚利桑那
When are you going to let me go? - When we're out of Arizona.
那是什么时候?
When will that be?
亚利桑那人和德克萨斯人一样。他们说他们永远不会离开亚利桑那。
Arizonans are like Texans. They say they're never out of Arizona.
如果不是她,我们现在都在巴拉托了。
If it wasn't for her, we'd all be at Barratto's by now.
给我们生个女人。还有像样的食物。
Have us a woman. And decent food.
如果你有什么要抱怨的,Blinky,尽管对我说。
If you got any complaints to make, Blinky, make them to me.
我也许能帮你照顾他们。
I might be able to take care of them for you.
你的人死了。这是他的选择,不是我的。
Your man's dead. It was his choice, not mine.
下次你想逃跑的时候,问问自己去哪里。
Next time you think of running away, ask yourself where.
答案无处可寻。
The answer's nowhere.
我带你去是因为你和我一样孤独。
I took you because you're as alone as I am.
你那样看着我是因为你生活在一个不存在的世界里。
You look at me like that because you live in a world that doesn't exist anymore.
我们本该在战前见过面的,但我们没有。
We'd have met before the war, but we didn't.
现在是一个不同的世界,南方。
And it's a different world now, the South.
世界有三支军队:
A world with three armies:
一群哀悼者,一群瘸子,还有一群小偷。
an army of mourners, an army of cripples, and an army of thieves.
幸运的是,我还完好无损,没有人为我哭泣。
Fortunately, I'm still in one piece and no one's crying over me.
把饭堂装满,杰西。
Fill the canteens, Jess.
见过斯雷顿帮吗?-他们不在这里工作
Seen the Slayton gang? - They ain't working this part of the state.
——是错误的。我一直在跟踪他们。-听到了吗,孩子们?
Wrong. I've been trailing them. - Hear that, boys?
有人说斯雷顿帮就在附近。
Man says the Slayton gang's around here somewhere.
你看到了?-我在他们搭建的舞台上。
You seen them? - I was on the stage they held up.
说吧。帮助你自己。——谢谢。
Go ahead. Help yourself. - Thanks.
不超过七八个人。
There's no more than seven or eight men.
他们不知道我们在跟踪他们。-谁是"我们"?
They don't know we're trailing them. - Who's "we"?
我有个搭档。我们总是需要更多的持枪手。
I got a partner. We could always use some more gun hands.
带他们来的人会有丰厚的报酬。
There's a pretty good reward for the men who bring them in.
对于那些尝试却没有成功的人,他们得到了什么奖励?
What reward have they got for the men who try and don't?
他们就在你的后院。
They're right here in your own back yard.
如果他们想从牧场得到什么,他们会拿走的。
If they want something from the ranches, they'll take it.
包括你的女人。
Your women included.
然后他们就会后悔没来过这个县。
Then they'll wish they never came through this county.
尤其是如果他们抓住了我的女人。你说了算,恰克。
Especially if they get a hold of my woman. Your deal, Chuck.
做好准备。我们骑。
Get ready. We're riding.
是文森特,帮派成员之一。
It's Vincente, one of the gang.
有两个人。
There were two of them.
不!我们跟着他。
No! We'll follow him.
文森特在哪儿?
Where's Vincente?
我想他们抓住他了。-谁抓到他了?
I think they got him. - Who got him?
我只看到了其中一个。他说他在你举的那个舞台上。
I only saw one of them. He said he was on that stage you held up.
一个大个子?-是的,很大。
A big fellow? - Yeah, real big.
穿灰色衬衫?-就是他。
Wearing a grey shirt? - That's him.
另一个在外面。他们想要一个护卫队。
The other was outside. They're trying to get a posse.
以前有人试过。我们还在这里。-他们在跟踪我们。
That's been tried before. We're still here. - They're on our trail.
如果他们遇到军队巡逻队怎么办?-我们现在就开始。
What if they run into an Army patrol? - We'll get started right now.
听着,也许不是沃伦。
And listen, it may not be Warren.
我不想跟那女孩说一个字。
I don't want a word of this to the girl.
我告诉过你那个女人会惹麻烦的-他应该把她扔在沙漠里。
I told you that woman would be trouble. - He should have dumped her in the desert.
我们要离开营地了。
We're breaking camp.
这样不好。我们得停一会儿。
It's no good. We have to stop awhile.
如果斯雷顿越境,我们就完了。
If Slayton crosses the border, we're licked.
没有马,我们就完了。你可以骑,但他们需要休息。
Without horses, we're licked. You can ride, but they need rest.
到墨西哥有多远?
How far is it to Mexico?
这对马没有任何影响。