Where are you from?
弗里蒙特
Fremont.
你要去哪里?
Where are you headed?
我要去贝克斯菲尔德
I'm going to Bakersfield.
你的口音听起来不太像弗里蒙特人
Your accent doesn't sound very Fremont.
我来自阿富汗 -你在学习?
I'm from Afghanistan. -You studying?
我是个作家
I'm a writer.
我从未见过阿富汗人
I've never met an Afghanistani before.
阿富汗人 -阿富汗人
Afghan. -An Afghan.
你是我遇到的第一个阿富汗人
You-you're the first Afghan I've met.
你们看起来是友好的民族
You seem like a friendly people.
我们是
We are.
只是我不是个好榜样
I'm just not a good example.
我整天都是一个人
I'm, um, I'm alone all day,
所以我才会在午休时间说那么多话
so that's why I talk so much during my lunch break.
实际上,我在想我应该雇个人,这样我就可以找人倾诉了
Actually, thinking I should hire someone so I can have someone to talk to.
实际上,我在想我应该雇个人
I am actually thinking I should hire someone.
我一直不明白,一个机械师
I never understood how a single mechanic
能承担起自己肩上的责任
can bear the responsibility on his shoulders.
你知道,决定一辆车是否可以开走
You know, deciding if a car is good to go.
所有负责任的工作都是两两合作完成的
All responsible jobs, they're performed in twos.
对不对?你会想到飞行员或外科医生
Right? You think of airline pilots or surgeons.
汽车承载着生命
Cars carry lives.
如果有一天我有点心烦意乱或心情非常糟糕怎么办?
What if one day I'm a bit distracted or in a very bad mood?
没错
True.
有时候,你只想一个人静静地吃你的三明治,对吗?
And sometimes, you just wanna be alone and eat your sandwich, right?
反正我也有事要做
I have something I have to do anyway.
嗯...我能请你喝杯咖啡吗?
Um... can I offer you a cup of coffee?
我不喝咖啡。谢谢
I don't drink coffee. Thank you.
我不是一个真正的作家
I'm not really a writer.
我只写幸运饼干的信息
I just write fortune cookie messages,
通常是去中餐馆
and usually for a Chinese restaurant.
我不常去中餐馆吃饭
I don't eat at Chinese restaurants very often.
我通常在这里吃午饭,然后...
I'll usually eat my lunch here and, uh...
好吧,晚饭我也在这儿吃
well, for dinner, I'll-I'll eat here too.
我欠你多少钱?
How much do I owe you?
不,这是我的房♥子
No, it's on the house.
如果你再来,我也请你
If you ever come back, it'll be on the house, too.
谢谢
Thank you.
很高兴见到你
It was nice to meet you.
还有你
And you.
欢迎来到亚洲蓝,有什么可以帮您?
Welcome to Asia Blue, may I help you?
我在找鹿
I'm looking for the deer.
马上
One second.
你在饼干工厂工作,对吧?
You work at the cookie factory, right?
工厂老板是我老板的朋友
The owner of the factory is a friend of my boss.
她告诉我你今天会来,但是...
She told me you would've came today but...
她已经推迟了一个月,不想让我们交货
she's been postponing for one month and didn't want us to deliver it.
她不想付快递费
She didn't wanna pay delivery fees.
你想让我把它包起来吗?
Do you want me to wrap it up?
我给你带了一头鹿
I brought you a deer.
我真的很想要一个
I really wanted one.
咖啡?
Coffee?
♪又是一个钻石日
♪ Just another diamond day ♪
♪只是一棵草
♪ Just a blade of grass ♪
♪只是另一捆干草*
♪ Just another bale of hay ♪
♪ 摆在马匹面前
♪ On the horses path ♪
♪只是另一块要耕种的田地*
♪ Just another field to plough ♪
♪只是一粒麦子*
♪ Just a grain of wheat ♪
♪只是一袋要播种的种子
♪ Just a sack of seed to sow ♪
♪孩子们吃东西
♪ And the children eat ♪
♪只是另外一种生活
♪ Just another life to live ♪
♪只想说一句话
♪ Just a word to say ♪
♪ 只是给予另一种爱
♪ Just another love to give ♪
♪钻石日
♪ And a diamond day ♪