弗里蒙特
乔安娜:我昨晚在看那个电视节目
Joanna: I was watching that TV show last night.
那家伙赢了一百万 -怎么赢的?
That guy won a million dollars. -How?
只是常识问题
Just general knowledge questions.
也许你该试试你上过大学什么的
Maybe you should try it. You went to college and stuff.
你老了也不需要一百万美元
You're not gonna need a million dollars when you're old.
嘿,范
Hey, Fan.
如果有一百万美元,你会做什么?
What would you do with a million dollars?
我会建一个社区游泳池 -哦
I would build a community pool. -Oh.
咖啡?
Coffee?
不
No.
反正你也睡不着
You're not managing to sleep anyway.
我不想鼓励它
I don't want to encourage it.
你听说心理医生预约的事了吗?
Did you hear anything about the psychiatrist appointment?
还没有,萨利姆
Not yet, Salim.
他们很快就会打电♥话♥来我相信他们会的
They'll call soon. I'm sure they will.
让我们看看
Let's see.
你不觉得这里的星星总是在变吗?
Don't you feel like the stars always change here?
它们不会停留在一个地方
They don't stay in one place.
他们就应该这样,不是吗?
That's how they're supposed to be, aren't they?
我不知道
I don't know.
在喀布尔,他们从未改变过
In Kabul, they never changed.
我曾经每晚都在同一个窗口吸烟
I used to smoke every night from the same window.
它们总是在那里,就在你前一天晚上离开的地方
They were always there, where you left them the night before.
我没有看到他们有任何变化
I didn't see them change one single time.
我不知道人们在一个星空变化如此之大的地方是如何感到安全的
I don't know how people feel safe in a place where stars change so much.
唐雅 嗨,米娜
Donya: Hi, Mina.
早上好,唐雅
Good morning, Donya.
多娅他没睡? -米娜:没有
Donya: He's not sleeping? -Mina: No.
这是萨利姆今早放在我门外的
Salim left this outside my door this morning.
米娜什么事?
Mina: What is it?
唐雅他的心理医生预约卡
Donya: His appointment card for the psychiatrist.
你已经等了八个月了。你等得不耐烦了吗?
Mina: You've been waiting eight months. Aren't you tired of waiting?
唐雅是的
Donya: Yes.
米娜那就走吧
Mina: Then go!
唐雅我不想抢他的位置
Donya: I don't want to take his slot.
他根本不在乎什么心理医生。他已经失约过一次了
He doesn't care about shrinks. He already missed an appointment before.
他告诉我丈夫,连火车票都不值
He told my husband it's not even worth the train ticket.
他宁愿把钱花在游览国家公园上
He'd rather spend the money visiting National Parks instead.
苏莱曼 米娜
Suleyman: Mina!
我的蓝衬衫呢?
Where's my blue shirt?
我熨好了现在挂在衣柜里
I ironed it. It's hanging in the closet.
早上好,苏莱曼
Good morning, Suleyman.
我明天能早点走吗?
Can I leave earlier tomorrow?
什么时间? -下午一点半
At what time? -1:30 P.M.
为什么? -我约了医生
Why? -I have a doctor's appointment.
当然可以 -谢谢
Ricky: Of course you can. -Thank you.
要我去看看他有没有朋友可以带来吗?
Joanna: Want me to see if he has a friend he can bring?
我们可以来个双人相亲吗?
We could go on a blind double date?
你确定?
No. -You sure?
我想我会讨厌相亲
I think I would hate a blind date.
你对他一无所知,对吧?
You don't know anything about him, right?
乔安娜:没什么
Joanna: Nothing.
唐雅:他要带你去哪里?
Donya: Where is he taking you?
乔安娜:这是一次相亲,所以我们约定了一个特定的地点
Joanna: It's a blind date, so we agreed upon a specific location.
我们要去一家墨西哥餐厅
We're going to a Mexican restaurant.
如果一切顺利,最终我们甚至会搬到一起住
If it all goes well, eventually we'll even move in together.
那我们可以分担房♥租
Then we can share the rent.
唐雅:你要把妈妈放在哪里?
Donya: Where will you put your mom?
乔安娜: 我不知道。我想,我会给她弄张加床,放在什么地方
Joanna: I don't know. I'll just get her a n extra bed and put it somewhere, I guess.
您有加床吗?
Do you have an extra bed?
唐雅:不,我只有一张单人床
Donya: No, I only have one single bed.
喂?
Hello?
拥有一张单人床是非常错误的
Having a single bed is very wrong,
根据吸引力法则,
according to The Laws Of Attraction,
因为它不可能有同伴
because it doesn't invite the possibility of company.
即使是一个人睡,也应该睡双人床
You should be sleeping in a double bed, even if you're sleeping alone.
我的卧室放不下一张双人床
I can't fit a double bed in my bedroom.
好吧,我写完这一章就去睡觉
Okay, well, I'm gonna finish the chapter and then go to sleep.
晚安,唐雅 -晚安,乔安娜
Good night, Donya. -Good night, Joanna.
我约了安东尼医生
I have an appointment with Dr. Anthony.
你叫什么名字?
Your name?
任命不是以我的名义进行的
Well, the appointment is not in my name.
是以萨利姆-达比里的名字命名的
It's in the name of Salim Dabiri.
他帮你预约的?
He made the appointment for you?
不
No.
您有预约卡吗?
Do you have an appointment card?
嗯
Mm-hmm.
但这是专门为达比里先生安排的约会
But this is an appointment specifically for Mr. Dabiri.
我知道,但他来不了,所以就给了我
I know, but he couldn't make it, so he gave it to me.
我认为这不可能
I don't think that's possible.
为什么?
Why?
如果有人不能按时赴约
Well, if someone can't make their appointment slot
他们需要给我们打电♥话♥取消
they need to call us and cancel.
然后,我们会将预约时间分配给另一位病人
Then, we would allocate the appointment to another patient.
我是另一个病人
I'm another patient.
是的,我明白,但安东尼医生还有其他病人
Yes, I understand, but there are other patients of Dr. Anthony's
如果预约被取消,将获得该预约
that would be given the appointment if there's been a cancellation.
给我点时间
Give me a moment.
老实说,事情并非如此
To be honest with you, this isn't really the way things work.
它不像电影票,如果你去不了 3:15 的场次
It's not like a movie ticket where if you can't get to the 3:15 showing,
你把票给你的朋友
you give the ticket to your friend.
嗯...
Um...
看病就不是这样了
It's not like that with a doctor's appointment,
萨利姆非常清楚这一点
and Salim knows that very well.
我是来要帮助睡眠的东西的
I'm here to ask for something to help me sleep.
好吧...
Alright, well...
嗯...
Um...
你住在弗里蒙特吗?
Are you-- Do you live in Fremont?
你也来自阿富汗吗?
And are you also from Afghanistan?
是的,我是
Yes, I am.
特殊移♥民♥签证?
On the Special Immigration Visa?
是的,我在阿富汗当过翻译
Yes, I was a translator in Afghanistan.
嗯...工作方式
Well... the way it works,
我们有一定数量的预约,呃
we have a certain number of appointments for, uh,
自费者或被保险人
self-payers or, uh, the insured.
基本上就是我们的付费客户
Basically, our paying customers.
此外,我还有一些无偿服务
And then I have a few slots that I do pro bono.
这些位置非常宝贵
Those spots are at a premium,
因此,我们必须遵守协议
and so we have to follow the protocol
以确保对每个人都公平
to make sure that it's fair for everyone.
所以,人们一直在等待
So, the people who have been waiting,
或已经在系统中的人
or the people that are already in the system,
可以看到 -我来了
get to see-- -I'm here now.
好吧,我可以看到,我 -
Well, I can see that I--
是的,我知道你现在在这里,但有一个协议
Yeah, I understand you're here now, but there is a protocol
我们必须遵循这些原则,才能使这一系统发挥作用
that we need to follow to make this system work.
我不会走的
I'm not leaving.
好的
Okay.
嗯...
Um, well...
那我就向你了解一些基本情况吧
Let me just get some general information from you, then.
嗯...名字?
Um... name?
唐雅-马苏迪
Donya Massoudi.
出生日期和地点?
Uh, date and place of birth?
第十三届,1996 年 6 月
Thirteenth, June, 1996.
阿富汗,喀布尔
Kabul, Afghanistan.
你来美国多久了?
And how long have you been here in the United States?
八个月
Eight months.
你是否为政♥府♥做过翻译?
And, um, did you work as a translator for the government,
还是美国陆军的
or was that private sector?
保密部门?