Fortunes.
当然,我不具备在电脑上完成这项工作的技术或诀窍
Of course, I don't have the technology or the know-how to do this on a computer,
所以我需要做的就是找一张纸、一把尺子和一支笔
so what I had to do was get a sheet of paper and a ruler and a pen
手写这些 然后
and write these all by hand, and then, uh,
用剪刀将它们剪成条状
using a pair of scissors, cut them into strips.
这是一个非常令人满意的手工艺项目
It was a very satisfying arts and crafts project.
镇静
Calming.
它们都是原创的
They're all original.
看一看
Have a look.
"港湾里的船是安全的
"A ship in harbor is safe,
但这不是造船的原因"
but that's not why ships are built."
"港湾里的船是安全的
"A ship in harbor is safe,
但这不是造船的原因"
but that's not why ships are built."
你明白是什么意思吧? -是的
You see what it means, right? -Yes.
这真是一次快乐的练习
What a joy this exercise was.
电视剧怎么了?
What happened to the television series?
我不想谈这个
I don't want to talk about it.
爸爸,我不玩了
Daddy, I'm done.
我能吃幸运饼干了吗? -嗯?
Can I have the fortune cookies now? -Hmm?
我吃完了能把幸运饼干给我吗?
I'm done. Can I have the fortune cookies?
好的
All right.
"你们将前往许多充满异国情调的地方
"You will travel to many exotic-exotic places
"。酷毙了
in your lifetime." Cool.
你最好也带上我 -好的
You better take me, too. -Okay.
让我看看我的是怎么说的
Let me see what mine says.
我只是个孩子,怎么能不带你?
I'm just a kid, so how could I not take you?
嗯,已经做到了
Well, it's been done.
"有人追求幸福,你创造幸福"
"Some pursue happiness, you create it."
"一封欢快的信或消息正在给你的路上"
"A cheerful letter or message is on its way to you."
哦 -哇
Oh. -Wow.
好消息
Good news!
我的让我看看
Mine. Let's see.
你想猜吗? -我怎么猜?
Do you want to guess? -How am I supposed to guess?
"本月没有任何障碍会阻碍你取得成功"
"No obstacles will stand in the way of your success this month."
完美 - 我
Perfect. - Me.
还好是月初!
Pretty lucky it's the beginning of the month!
"辛苦了一天,你应该好好享受一下"
"You deserve to have a good time after a hard day's work."
像这样 -没错
Like this. -Damn right, yeah.
"你的朋友会对你下个月的工作大有帮助"
"Your friends will be truly helpful in your next month's endeavor."
你错拿了一个盒子
You took one of the boxes by mistake.
我打算把没有地址的那本书拿去参加我孙子的生日派对
I'm meant to take the one with no address for my grandson's birthday party.
谢谢
Thanks.
我不明白这是什么意思
I don't understand what this means.
这个数字是中国的预兆还是什么?
Is this number a Chinese omen or something?
我不能再相信你了
I can't trust you anymore.
你不相信我?为什么是现在?
You can't trust me? Why that now?
因为你信任我不能信任的人
Because you trust people I can't trust.
她还年轻,你知道是怎么回事
She's young, you know how it works.
不,我不知道
No, I don't know.
在她这个年纪,我已经结婚,刚生了一个孩子
At her age, I was married and had just had a baby.
你想让我怎么做? -我要你解雇她
What do you want me to do? -I want you to fire her.
这不是一个选项。 -不行?
That is not an option. -Not an option?
她犯了一个错误
She made a mistake.
我会和她谈谈的
I will talk to her.
要知道,许多杰出的作家都有行为问题
You know, many brilliant writers have behavioral problems.
你不是认真的吧?
You're not being serious, are you?
其实,我觉得你太认真了
I think you're being too serious, actually.
你怎么知道她是个出色的作家?
How do you even know she's a brilliant writer?
我知道这些事情。她是一个有记忆的女孩
I know these things. She is a girl with memories.
你疯了吗?
Have you gone insane?
有记忆的人写得很美
People with memories write beautifully.
废话少说把那东西给我
Enough of this nonsense now. Give that thing to me.
怎么样? -还好
How's it going? -Well.
你出生在阿富汗的哪个城市?
What city in Afghanistan were you born in?
喀布尔
Kabul.
我出生在深圳
I was born in Shenzhen.
我只是在看这个世界
I was just looking at the world.
Ricky: 在阿富汗
Ricky: In Afghanistan,
你有很多不同的人,对吗?
you have many different people, right?
唐雅是的
Donya: Yes.
瑞奇:在中国也是
Ricky: In China, too.
你知道吗
Did you know
中国和阿富汗接壤?
China and Afghanistan share a border?
你知道吗?
Did you know?
唐雅是的
Donya: Yes, I did.
瑞奇:我认为有共同边界的人有很多相似之处
Ricky: I think people who share borders share many similarities.
我们,我们有共同的边界
Us, we share a border,
所以我们有相似之处
so we have similarities.
有时感到孤独也没关系
It's okay to feel lonely sometimes.
这将是非常奇怪的
It would be very strange
如果人们不感到孤独
if people did not feel lonely.
如果他们不考虑其他可能性...
If they did not think about other possibilities...
别人的事
about other people.
你还没睡? - 是的,我还醒着
You're still awake? - Yes, I'm awake.
你不是有安♥眠♥药♥吗?
I thought you got sleeping pills.
是的,但我还是睡不着
Yes, but I still can't sleep.
当你想到美好的事物时,你是否会感到内疚?
Do you ever feel guilty when you think of beautiful things?
即使不去想美好的事物,我也会感到内疚
I feel guilty even when I don't think about beautiful things.
你有时会想一些愚蠢的事情吗?
Do you think about stupid things sometimes?
什么意思?
How do you mean?
你认为思考爱情是正常的吗?
Do you think it's normal to think about love
还有人在喀布尔冒着生命危险?
when there are people still in Kabul risking their lives?
你恋爱了吗?
Have you fallen in love?
问题不在这里
That's not the issue.
只要你的心承受着痛苦的重担
As long as your heart bears the burden of suffering
只要你不忘记过去
and as long as you don't forget the past
你就不会成为一个混♥蛋♥
and you don't become an asshole,
恋爱是你的权利
falling in love is your right.
但你也不应该爱上一个混♥蛋♥
But you shouldn't fall in love with an asshole either.
很晚了,唐雅
It's late, Donya.
先坠入爱河,然后再考虑其他
Fall in love first and worry about the rest later.
晚安 -晚安
Have a good evening. -Good night.
我认识的大多数住在弗里蒙特的阿富汗人都在弗里蒙特工作
Most Afghans I know who live in Fremont work in Fremont.
你为什么在旧金山工作?
Why do you have a job in San Francisco?
我想今天能有半天时间离开弗里蒙特就不错了
I thought it would be good to be out of Fremont half of the day.
一觉醒来,我看到了阿富汗人
I wake up, I see Afghans.
我睡觉时,最后看到的人是阿富汗人
I go to sleep, the last people I see, they're Afghans.
我想偶尔看到中国人时
And I thought it would be lovely
一定会很可爱
to see Chinese people sometimes.
你不喜欢和阿富汗人在一起?
You don't enjoy being with Afghans?
有些是的
Some of them, yes.
有些是没有
Some of them, no.
让我来给你们讲讲 "白獠牙 "的故事
Let me tell you a little of the story of White Fang.
白獠牙是家族中唯一的幸存者
White Fang is the sole survivor of his family
他们被饥荒夺去了生命
who were decimated by famine.
因此,他必须学会驾驭北方残酷的现实
And so, he has to learn to navigate the harsh reality of the north,
这就是杀人,或者被杀
which is kill, or be killed.
他的所有经历都没有让他做好准备
None of his experiences prepare him
他的主人把他变成了一个凶残的杀手
for his owner, who turns him into a vicious killer.
这个残忍♥的人让它与其他狗殊死搏斗
This cruel man has him fighting other dogs to the death.
就在其中一场战斗中
And it's during one of these fights
白獠牙的对手是一只斗牛犬,它差点要了白獠牙的命
that White Fang meets his match in a bulldog who nearly kills him.
幸运的是,一个名叫斯科特的人救了他
Fortunately, he's rescued by a man named Scott,
他收留并驯服了白獠牙
who takes White Fang in and tames him.
把他带回加利福尼亚
Brings him back to California
在这里,白獠牙学会了爱斯科特和斯科特的家人
where White Fang learns to love Scott and Scott's family.
现在,最终
Now, eventually,
白獠牙和柯利生了小狗
White Fang has puppies with Collie,
斯科特的另一只狗
Scott's other dog,
他们从此过上了幸福的生活
and they live happily ever after.
唐雅,他不是在想这些事,他只是在做这些事