He didn't think these things, Donya, he merely did them.
他不是被抽象的推理所引导
He wasn't directed by abstract reasoning,
而是本能、感觉
but by instinct, sensation,
和情感
and emotion.
"被消灭 "是什么意思?
What's the meaning of "decimated"?
全军覆没
Wiped out.
阵亡
Killed.
毁灭
Destroyed.
这个孩子不睡觉
This child doesn't sleep.
他就像我一样
He's like me.
但你不会让我彻夜难眠
But you don't keep me up at night.
我觉得自己还不够强大
I feel I'm not strong enough for this.
为了什么?
For what?
因为我是这里的母亲我能教他什么?
For being a mother in this place. What can I teach him?
我知道的还远远不够...
I'm far from everything I know...
不要孤立自己。这是我能给你的最重要的建议
Don't isolate yourself. That's the most important advice I can give you.
你认为悲伤的母亲会培养出悲伤的孩子吗?
Do you think sad mothers bring up sad children?
我不知道。我对母爱一无所知
I don't know. I know nothing about motherhood.
我们走吧
Let's go!
嘿!
Hey!
嘿!
Hey!
苏莱曼
Suleyman!
我与敌人合作,确保你们的安全!
I worked with the enemy to ensure your security!
混♥蛋♥
Asshole!
如果你愿意,我可以卖♥♥给你咖啡
I can sell you coffee if you like.
好的
Okay.
要牛奶吗?
Milk? -No, thanks.
糖? -黑色就好
Sugar? -Black is fine.
在这里工作开心吗? -是的,谢谢
Are you happy working here? -Yes, thanks.
一共是 2.5 美元
That'll be $2.50.
好的
Okay.
喂?
Hello?
我想我有个相亲对象
I think I have a blind date.
我收到一条短♥信♥
I got a text message.
这是什么时候发生的?
When did this come about?
说来话长
It's a long story.
真是出乎意料等等,把信息读给我听
Well, this is very unexpected. Wait, read me the message.
我来告诉你他是不是真的是个男的吧?
I'll tell you if he's legit. It's a man, right?
听起来是的
Sounds like he is.
你喜欢男人,对吧?
And you're into men, right?
我想是的,是的
I think so, yes.
读给我听
Read me the message.
好吧,他说
Okay, he says,
"我不知道你是否还有空"
"I don't know if you are still available."
很好,他很有礼貌
Good, he's polite.
"我很想在亚洲蓝陶器店见到你
"I would love to see you at the Asia Blue Pottery shop,
周六下午在贝克斯菲尔德 70 大道"
which is on 70 Avenue, Bakersfield, on Saturday afternoon."
好了,情况越来越好了
Okay, this is getting better.
如果他想在公共场合见面,那他就不是变♥态♥
If he wants to meet somewhere public, he's not a creep.
听起来他可能在陶器店工作
And it sounds like maybe he works at that pottery place,
这也很好,因为这意味着他有了一份工作
which is great, too, because it means he has a job.
所以,也许他是个陶艺家
So, maybe he's a potter.
他说,"问鹿"
He says, "Ask for the deer."
什么?
What?
他说,"问鹿"
He says, "Ask for the deer."
绰号♥ "鹿 "的人
Someone who has the nickname "Deer"
要么非常傲慢,要么非常火♥辣♥
can either be very arrogant or very hot,
或者两个都是 -或者两个都不要
or both of them. -Or none of them.
我把我妈的车借给你去贝克斯菲尔德 I'm gonna lend you my mom's car to go to Bakersfield.几个小时就到了
I'm gonna lend you my mom's car to go to Bakersfield. It's a few hours away.
我不知道我会不会去
I don't know if I'm going to go.
是的,是的,你一定要去
Yes. Yes, you are definitely going to go.
"白方",不合群,孤独,忧郁
"White Fang, uncompanionable, solitary, morose,
几乎不左顾右盼
scarcely looking to right or left,
令人望而生畏、令人望而却步、遥远而陌生
redoubtable, forbidding of aspect, remote and alien,
他被不解的长辈们接纳为平等的人
was accepted as an equal by his puzzled elders.
他们很快就学会了不去打扰他,也不采取敌对行动
They quickly learned to leave him alone, neither venturing hostile acts,
也不主动表示友好
nor making overtures of friendliness.
如果他们不打扰他,他也不会打扰他们
If they left him alone, he left them alone.
他们发现了一种状况
A state of affairs that they found,
几次接触之后
after a few encounters,
是最理想的
to be pre-eminently desirable.
仲夏时节,白芳有了一次经历
In mid-summer, White Fang had an experience.
他默默地小跑着,去调查一个新的帐篷
Trotting along in his silent way to investigate a new tepee,
在村边建起的
which had been erected on the edge of the village
当时他正和猎人一起去追驼鹿
while he was away with the hunters after moose,
他来到母亲面前
he came full upon his mother.
他停顿了一下,看着她
He paused and looked at her.
他对她的印象很模糊,但他记得她
He remembered her vaguely, but he remembered her,
对她来说,这已经足够了
and that was more than could be said for her.
她冲他翘起嘴角,露出威胁的咆哮
She lifted her lip at him in the old snarl of menace,
他的记忆变得清晰起来
and his memory became clear.
他被遗忘的童年
His forgotten cubhood...
所有与那熟悉的咆哮有关的东西都涌上了他的心头
all that was associated with that familiar snarl, rushed back to him.
在他认识众神之前
Before he had known the gods,
"对他来说,她就是宇宙的中心"
she'd been to him the center pin of the universe."
白芳是一只非常勇敢的狗
White Fang is a very brave dog.
他是狼
He's a wolf.
我与他有共鸣
I relate to him
就像他不被其他小狗接受一样...
just like he wasn't accepted by the other pups...
...因为他是一只狼
...because he was a wolf.
我从未被其他译者接受过
I was never accepted by the other translators
因为我是女人
because I'm a woman.
我也与母亲失散了
I was separated from my mother, too,
当我被迫来到这里时
when I was forced to come here.
这是一个非常感人的故事
It's a very touching story.
很高兴你和我一样喜欢这个故事
I'm glad you love the story as much as I do.
汽车旅馆
Motel.
天然气
Gas.
食物
Food.
我叫唐雅
I'm Donya.
你真好
You're so kind.
谢谢
Thank you.
我很高兴来到这里
I'm happy to be here.
我什么都会做你可以为我俩点菜
I'm good with anything. You can order for the both of us.
狗♥娘♥养♥的
Motherfucker.
丹尼尔:你好
Daniel: Hi.
需要帮忙吗?
Uh, you need a hand?
不,只是检查机油
No, just checking the oil.
你能搞定? -可以
You can manage? -Yes.
好的
All right.
你在这里卖♥♥石油?
Uh, you sell oil here?
无需购买♥♥
No need to buy it.
给你
Here.
你能帮我吗? -可以
Can you help me? -Yeah.
好的 谢谢 Okay.谢谢
Okay. Thanks.
你知道如何使用油尺吧?
You know how to use that dipstick, though, right?
蘸酱? -Dipstick,是的,这是...
Dipstick? -Dipstick, yeah, it's...
就在那儿
that right there.
我哥哥教我如何检查机油
My brother taught me how to check the oil,
但我从没换过
but I never had to change it.
嗯...都搞定了
Well... it's all done.
里面还有些油 -谢谢
There's some oil left in there. -Thank you.
Dipstick也是个白♥痴♥
Dipstick's also an idiot.
这是...
It's, uh...
我的意思是...
I mean, the...
"dipstick "的意思是 "白♥痴♥"
the word "dipstick" means "idiot."
给你
Here.
我能把车停在这儿吗?
Uh, can I leave the car here?
我去吃点东西
I'm gonna get something to eat.
当然,我自己也正要去吃点东西,所以...
Sure, I was about to go get something to eat myself, too, so...
你从哪里来?