For the United States Army.
你做了多久?
How long did you do that for?
我只想吃安♥眠♥药♥
I just want sleeping pills.
你的总体健康状况如何? -不错
How's your general health? -Good.
你做噩梦了?
You have nightmares?
没那么多
Not so much.
我睡不好觉
I can't sleep well.
上♥床♥睡觉时,您是否思绪万千?
Do you have a lot of thoughts when you go to bed?
嗯
Mm-mmm.
你应该去看看给我看手相的人
Joanna: You should just go see my palm reader.
看她从不需要排队
She never has a waiting list.
她比任何心理医生都更能读懂和理解人
She reads and understands people better than any psychiatrist.
你知道她告诉我什么吗?
You know what she told me?
她说,我之所以暴饮暴食
She said that the reason I overeat
是因为我不想像我妈妈那样瘦
is because I don't wanna be like my mom, who's skinny.
这不是纯粹的心理学吗?
If that's not pure psychology,
我不知道是什么
I don't know what is.
她还能清除业障
She can also clean karmas.
我要去喝杯咖啡
I'm gonna go and get some coffee.
我认为有趣的工作环境至关重要
I think a fun working environment is essential.
我喜欢来上班
I love coming in to work.
你知道...
You know...
我父亲多年前开办了这家工厂
my father opened this factory many years ago.
我小时候经常和他一起来
And I used to come with him when I was a little kid.
但后来他不再带我
But then he stopped bringing me
因为我一直在吃所有的饼干
because I ate all the cookies all the time.
我喜欢这些饼干
I love the cookies.
我吃了好多
I ate so many.
太有趣了
It was so much fun.
好吧,回头见
Okay. I'll see you later.
谢谢
Thank you.
服务员别太担心了
Waiter: Don't worry about everything so much.
一直都是这样
It's always been like this.
每个人都来了,烧毁了我们的国家
Everyone has been coming in, burning our country
并永远不负责任地离开
and leaving without accountability for ever.
这是最好的分散注意力的方法
This here is the best distraction.
观看!
Watch!
请坐
Go ahead, take a seat.
好吧,让我们看看这里有什么
Okay, let's see what we have here.
请向我介绍一下您来这里之前阿富汗的局势
Tell me a bit about the situation in Afghanistan before you left to come here.
比如说,你和父母住在一起吗?
Did you live with your parents, for instance?
嗯
Mm-hmm.
你有家人的照片可以给我看看吗?
Do you have, uh, pictures of your family you can show me?
你在美国有亲人吗?
Do you have any family members in America?
不
No.
他们都在阿富汗?
They're all in Afghanistan?
嗯
Mm-hmm.
我敢肯定,你一定非常想念他们
You must miss them very much, I'm sure.
你的家人受到过威胁吗?
Was your family ever threatened?
他们告诉他们,如果我不回来,他们就会来找我弟弟
They told them they would come after my little brother if I don't come back.
您的家人是否受到伤害
Has any harm been done to your family,
我指的是身体伤害?
by that I mean physical harm?
不
No.
你在那里的时候,你的家人对你的所作所为不满吗?
When you were there, was your family unhappy about what you were doing?
我做这些工作只是为了钱和美国签证
I only did the work for the money and getting a visa to come here.
没别的
Nothing else.
你感到内疚吗?
Do you feel guilty?
你喜欢这里吗?
How do you, uh, like it here?
美国和你想象的一样吗?
Is America what you thought it would be?
我没想到会是这样
I didn't think how it would be.
我甚至没有想到美国
I didn't even think about America.
我只想离开那里
I just wanted to get out of there.
我会去
I would have gone to
德国、法国、英国
Germany, France, England,
萨尔瓦多或任何地方
El Salvador, or anywhere.
像你这样从事翻译工作的女性并不多
There weren't many women that were doing translation work like you were doing.
从这个意义上说,你算是一个先驱
In that sense, uh, you're sort of a pioneer,
所以你的家人一定为此感到骄傲
so your family must be proud of that.
我离开了,但他们还在那里
I left, but they are still there.
他们不得不听别人指责他俩
They have to hear people talk to them
抚养了一个叛徒女儿
about raising a daughter who was a traitor.
你认为自己是叛徒吗?
Do you think you are a traitor?
我没有花太多时间思考
I don't spend much time thinking.
为什么?
Why?
社交生活太忙
Too busy with my social life.
你好,苏莱曼
Hi, Suleyman.
谢谢,但我想我不能用这个
Thank you, but I don't think I can use this.
你知道老鼠药的作用吗?
Do you know how mouse poison works?
太可怕了
It's horrendous.
整整三天,老鼠才会死去
It's takes three full days for the mouse to die.
我知道
I know.
首先,它会导致休克,然后是痛苦的内出血
First, it causes shock and then, painful internal bleeding.
我没有用它。我不能
I didn't use it. I couldn't.
此外,老鼠也很小
Besides, the mouse is very small anyway.
嗯
Hmm.
好的 我要去工作了 回头见
OK. I'm off to work. I'll see you later.
请慢用
Enjoy.
我想我不会再相亲了
I think I'm gonna stop with the blind dates.
为什么?
Why?
这不是...工作了
It's not... working out.
我不会见任何人
I'm not meeting anybody.
你不需要任何人
You don't need anybody.
你需要一个特别的人
You need someone special.
下次你再像回答幸运饼干一样回答,我就吃了你
Next time you answer like a fortune cookie, I'll eat you.
就发生过一次
It happened once.
不,这种情况发生过很多次
No, it's happened a lot of times.
很疼
It hurts.
你必须不断地结识新朋友
You have to keep meeting people.
还有一个人,是我妈妈朋友的儿子
There is this other guy, a son of my mom's friend.
他最近刚离婚,她想撮合我和他
He's recently divorced and she wants to set me up with him.
也许我会去
Maybe I'll go.
你随军执行过任务吗?
Did you accompany the Army on missions?
不,在美军基地对阿富汗士兵指导的时候
No, I translated in U.S. Army bases
我当过翻译
when instruction were being given to the Afghan soldiers
如何使用新设备和武器
on how to use new equipment and arms.
你看到很多战斗吗,唐雅?
Did you see much fighting, Donya?
我合作过的几个基地
Several bases I worked with
被攻击的时间不同...
were attacked in different times...
这就是我看到的战斗
and that's fighting I saw.
你是如何离开阿富汗的?
How did you leave Afghanistan?
在塔♥利♥班♥返回后的
On one of the evacuation flights
一次撤离航♥班♥上
after Taliban return.
但我知道我很幸运
But I know I'm very lucky.
什么意思?
How do you mean?
与我共事的一位翻译
One translator I worked with
几乎在他停止为美国陆军工作后
was killed almost immediately after he stopped working
立即被杀害
for the U.S. Army.
他在等他的报纸过来
He was waiting for his paper to come over here.
我的一个朋友
One of my friends,
帕亚姆,他也是翻译
Payam, he was also translator.
他没能赶上撤离航♥班♥
He couldn't make it to the evacuation flights.
我知道我很幸运,也知道他们很不幸
I know I'm lucky, and I know they're unlucky.
我见过很多前翻译
I've met with many former translators
他们有不同的理由这样做
and they have different reasons for doing what they did.
但在大多数情况下
But in most cases,
他们患有创伤后应激障碍
they suffered from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
他们会觉得,也许在某种程度上,他们是有责任的
They're left feeling like maybe in some way they're responsible.
因此,他们被...
And so, they're haunted
恶念、噩梦困扰着
by bad thoughts, nightmares.
他们觉得自己无法信任别人
And they feel that they can't trust others,
所以他们... 孤立自己