还偷走了我女儿的裙子
and stole my daughter's dress?
难道你一点都不顾及小孩子的感受吗
Don't you have any regard for a young child's feelings?
我不想让她穿我家凯瑟琳的衣服
I don't want her wearing Cathleen's dresses!
你离我的生活远一点
You stay out of my life!
你真是个老巫婆
You're a witch!
那你就是个恶魔
And you're the devil!
什么
What?
是她把我逼进森林的
She made me go in the woods!
还不安静
Now you hush!
就是她 妈妈 是她干的
She did, Mom, she did!
我在那边听见你们的讨论了
I heard you from outside talking about me.
住口
Be quiet!
不 不对 恶魔并不在外面
Oh, no. The devil's not out there.
而是在这里
It's in here.
那是恶魔
Devils!
叛徒
Judas.
可我们为什么非在这定居不可呢 - 朱尔
But what determined us to settle here? - Jewell!
你就快走向亵渎神明了
You're getting close to sacrilege.
但如果你亲耳听到他说的那些 - 道尔顿是想毁了你
But if you yourself had heard him talking... - Dalton's trying to destroy you!
那就是他们的目的
That's what they all want.
你必须万分小心
You've got to be careful.
不能再放松戒备
Don't let your guard down again.
你可是基♥督♥的战士
You're a Christian soldier.
女巫
Witch.
是莉娅
Leah.
它们无处不在
They're everywhere.
上帝遗弃了我们
God has left us.
你很了解恶魔 对吧
You know about devils, don't you?
要知道 当年我们烧死莉娅的母亲时
Well, you see, when we were burning Leah's mother,
我不得不一直点燃火堆 因为它总是熄灭
I had to keep lighting the fire,because it kept going out.
是莉娅把它熄灭的
Leah put it out.
莉娅是女巫
Leah is a witch!
现在你已不堪一击
Now you're weak.
任何神明都救不了你
No one can help you.
快听
Listen!
姊妹
Sister!
在那里 它们会杀了我
They'll kill me in there.
姊妹 不
Sister, no!
莉娅
Leah!
哦 全能的上帝 请在这危难时刻
Oh mighty Lord God, hear your children
倾听你儿女们的呼救
in this moment of peril.
爸
Da!
以传播您的福音为唯一志向的基♥督♥战士
Christian soldiers whose only purpose is to spread Your gospel.
消灭您和我们的一切敌人
Smite thine enemies and ours.
哦 主啊 我们在这最黑暗的时刻向您祈祷
Oh Lord, to whom we pray in this, our darkest hour.
你要撑住这里
Keep the pot boiling.
你是个杀害小孩的凶手 - 妈妈想跟我们一起走
You, who's just murdered a child! - Mama wanted to come,
但她知道自己不能撇下朱尔先生不管
but she knew she couldn't desert Mr. Jewell.
他现在哪也去不了
And he couldn't go nowhere.
我们带走了小梅格 但凯瑟琳得和她的家人待在一起
We took little Meg with us,but Cathleen had to stay with her folks.
爸爸发誓保障我和小梅格安全后就回来救他们
Da promised he'd be back for them when Meg and I were safe.
刚才的东西到底是什么 爸爸
What was it back there, Da?
烈火中的冰冷之眼
Cold eyes in a hot fire.
什么
What?
烈火中的冰冷之眼
Cold eyes in a hot fire.
就像围绕在篝火旁的野兽眸子
The eyes of animals around a campfire.
在夜晚 闪烁不定
At night, when they shine.
那棵树
That tree!
我来过这里
I was here.
芬妮 - 怎么了
Fanny - What
没事了
It's all right.
芬妮
Fanny?
哦 亲爱的
Oh, darling.
他死了
He was gone.
而我们已经无处可去
And there was no place else we could go.
天气自他死后越来越热 而且持续不断
It got hot after he died, and still,
就像山谷屏住了自己的呼吸
like the valley was holding it's breath,
等着看接下去会发生什么
waiting to see what would happen.
我们也在等待 看朱尔先生能好转还是死亡
We waited too, for Mr.Jewell, to get better or die.
没人知道莉娅去了哪里
No one knew where Leah had gone,
没了她 思迈斯什么也不是
and without her Smythe was nothing.
妈妈为爸爸哀泣
Mama wept for De.
她责备自己 还有思迈斯
She blamed herself. And Smythe.
她对他说 上帝再也不会受他的蒙蔽和利用了
She told him be must not have had God in his pocket after all.
这让他一直忧郁烦闷 愁眉苦脸
And that set him to brooding and vaporing sadly.
莉娅
Leah.
别担心 孩子
Don't worry, my child.
一切都会平安无事
It'll be all right.
嘘
Oh! Hush!
思迈斯...说过我不会死
Smythe there says I ain't gonna be dying.
他怎么知道
How's he know that?
你凭什么知道 思迈斯
How do you know that, Smythe?
我好想知道自己究竟会怎么样
I wish I knew what was gonna happen to me.
爸爸说过那东西就像烈火里的冰冷之眼
Da said it was like cold eyes in a hot fire,
像夜晚围绕在篝火旁的动物眸子
the eyes of animals around a campfire in the night.
动物也许知道什么是火
Animals might know what a fire was,
但它们却不懂火是如何产生的
but they wouldn't know how it was made,
而那些有智慧的生物都知道
and a smart creature would be satisfied knowing
只要它们靠近火就能获得温暖
that if he got close he got warm,
可如果靠得太近便会引火自焚
and if he got too close he hot burnt.
但有些生物却不肯远离火
But some can't leave the fire alone.
它们总觉得自己比火还要强大
They get to thinking they're bigger than it is,
然后顷刻间就会在火中手舞足蹈 直到一切燃烧殆尽
and before long they're dancing in the middle of it 'til there's nothing left
最后只剩一对冰冷的双目在火焰中融化消失
but those cold eyes melting in the hot flame.
不
No!
这不是我的错
It's not my fault.
朱尔
Jewell!
莉娅
Leah
你不能走
You're not leaving.
这太荒唐了
That would be ridiculous.
我知道你比这要聪明得多
I know you better than that.
我之前成功把它们赶出山谷过
I rid the valley of them once.
我们甚至不知道莉娅在哪
We don't even know where Leah is.
这可是我们的家 我们生活的地方
This is our home. Where we live.
我还可以再成功一次 我必须这样
I can do it again. I have to.
我...我之前就办到过
I...I did it before.
不
No.
不 不 恐怕我不能让你这么做
No, no I'm afraid I can't let you do it.
你也许会受伤
You might get hurt.
我们不能逃避问题
We can't run away from our problems.
马里恩
Marion?
你在哪
Where are you?
马里恩
Marion?
醒一醒 它们要出巢了
Wake up, they're getting away.
我带他们来的
I led them here.
是我把他们引向...
I led them right to...
那些东西...他们甩了我
Those, they left me.
我又能看见了
I can see again.
孤独
Alone.
被遗弃
Abandoned.
遥远...
Far away.
那遥远的...
Far away.
冥河渡口之上的十字架......
The cross on the stygian ferry
你们有看见任何东西吗 - 没有
Do you see anything? - No!
马里恩...把她从树里拽出来
Marion, pull her out of the tree.
不要...给她...机会变身
Don't let her change herself.
如果放走她 你会彻底被她俘虏
If you let her go, she's got you.
那就是她等待的目的
That's what she's waiting for.
拽...她...出来
Pull her out.
拽她出来 我才能帮你
Pull her out so I can help you!