and took anything they wanted and loaded it on the town's ferry boat.
那艘船也被我们偷走了
We stole that, too.
这不是富不富余的问题 而是你们想拿的也太多了
It's not a problem of the haves!It's a problem of you wanting to bring too much!
我们没有多余空间了
We don't have the room!
看在上帝份上 有必要把所有鸭子都带上船吗
Why in heavens name,are we bringing all these ducks?
威尔先生说我们将在应许之地建立自己的新定居点
Mr.Will said we'd start our own settlement in the promised land.
他说只要沿着河顺流而下 目的地就会自己出现
He said if we just floated down the river, it would find us.
妈妈说此言非虚
Mama said it was true.
而朱尔和卡尔文先生也对他深信不疑
And Mr. Jewell and Mr.Calvin believed him.
我猜可能是威尔先生平时很善待他们
I guess, 'cause Mr. Will was nice to them
又很会给他们灌迷魂汤的缘故
passing out the compliments and such as that.
可他们并不知道我们究竟会去往哪里 遇到什么
But they didn't know where we were going or what would happen to us.
我们穿过层层山脉 进入了新法兰西
We passed through the mountains and into New France,
这是印第安肖尼人的领地 但这也没给他们造成困扰
Shawnee Indian territory.That didn't bother anyone either.
卡尔文先生带来了"姊妹" 那是他妻子的名字
Mr. Calvin brought Sister,that was his wife's name,
还有他们的小孙女梅格
and Meg, that was their granddaughter.
卡尔文先生一整天都躺在摇椅上
Calvin just set in his rocker all day.
他成了第一个牺牲者
He was the first to die.
玛格丽特和朱尔带来了凯瑟琳
It was Margaret and Jewell that brought Cathleen
那是他们的女儿
She was their daughter.
我母亲已经完全变了一个人
My mother was a different person,
把所有时间都花在和威尔先生男欢女爱上
spending all of her time lusting with Mr. Will.
就好像她现在是小孩儿 而我是母亲一样
It was like she was the child now and I was the mother.
还有我父亲 我一直在幻想他会不会来寻找我
And my father, I kept wondering if he would come after me.
但我甚至不知道他是死是活
But I didn't even know that he was yet alive.
没人知道我们现在身处何处
And no one knew where we were.
渡船在哪
Where's the ferry?
没了
It's gone!
他们偷走了
They stole it!
谁偷的
Who stole it?
新来的传教士和你老婆
The new preacher and your wife!
是的 你老婆跟他跑了 还拐走了你女儿
Yes, your wife went with him and they took your daughter!
思迈斯不靠任何人就能达成目的 我深有体会
Smythe will get his without anyone's help,I know that much.
那么 你现在打算怎么办 马里恩
So, what are you going to do, Marion?
把这只松鼠吃了
Eat this squirrel.
但你接下来要做什么呢
But then what are you going to do?
去睡觉
Go to sleep.
挥舞宝剑 称颂我主
Brandish the sword, praise the Lord.
无畏信众 坚若磐石
Brave flock, solid as a rock,
伸出手去 传扬福音
reaching out, spreading the gospel,
摩西律法 散播美丽
spreading the bonny Laws of Moses.
不可崇拜
Thou shalt not...
其他神明
No other Gods.
她比灌了白兰地的老鼠还要疯
She's crazier than a rat in a brandy keg.
上帝
God...
注:此处为《摩西十诫》里的内容
不要妄称主的名 安息日什么都别做
Take not the Lord in vain, sit on the Sabbath...
要去孝敬你的爸爸妈妈
Honor the mamas and the papas.
不可杀人 不可偷盗
No killing, stop that stealing.
你是不了解她的遭遇
If you knew what happened to her.
怎么了
What?
她现在还能喃喃自语已经是个奇迹了
It's a miracle she can even mumble.
她遭遇了什么
What happened to her?
在她还是个小不点时 一帮人闯进她家
When she was just a wee thing, they came to her house...
听上去耳熟吗
Sound familiar?
把她母亲拖到大街上 然后...
And brought her mother out into the street and...
烧死了她
burned her.
小莉娅在场目睹了一切
And little Leah watched it all.
你是怎么知道这些的
How do you know all this?
我救了她
I saved her.
我本来还想救她母亲 但是...
I tried to save her mother too, but
已经太迟了
it was too late.
别担心 我们安全了
Don't worry, we're safe.
不会有任何法国人或肖尼人发现我们登陆
No French or Shawnee saw us land.
这已经是个老技巧了
This is an old trick.
之所以能成为老技巧 就是因为它管用
And the reason it's an old trick is because it works.
他们会一直跟着渡船和卡尔文
They'll keep following the ferry and Calvin.
我们会在天堂再相会 亲爱的卡尔文
In heaven we'll meet again, dear Calvin.
我们在天堂会再相会
In heaven, we'll meet again.
你真觉得那样能骗过他们吗
Do you really think it'll fool them?
当然可以 这叫历史经验 埃洛伊丝
Of course, it will. History, Eloise.
你们都要学会从历史中总结经验
Now take your lessons from history!
继续走吧
Come on, then.
我们已经尽最快速度远离河边
We'd gotten away from the river as fast as we could
但照这种走法 数英里外的人都能听见我们的动静
but you could hear us for miles,such as we were,
一路跌跌撞撞 连滚带爬
slipping and thrashing along
还有姊妹不断因为卡尔文发出悲鸣
and Sister bellowing over Calvin.
威尔先生很笃定我们没有被跟踪
Mr. Will was certain we weren't being followed,
但他作为带领我们穿越森林的向导简直一无是处
but he was a poor tool for to be guiding us through the woods.
你听到那些喊声了 他们找到我们了
You heard those shouts. They found us!
我看到一个印第安人
I saw an Indian!
在哪
Where?
哪里 他们在哪
Where? Where are they
没关系 - 她什么也没看见
It's all right - She didn't see anything!
我也看见了
I did too!
他们来了
They're here!
那边
There!
孩子们 都过来
Come on, children! Come on!
快过来 快跑
Hurry up! Run!
他们来了多少人
How many of them there be?
不知道
I don't know.
哦 上帝 那边还有好几个
Oh Lord, there's more over there!
可恶 他们在搜捕我们
Fie. It's a search.
保持安静 别打偏了
Quit your yanking about and don't miss.
是马里恩
Marion!
别打印第安人
Not the Indians!
别朝印第安人开枪
Don't shoot the Indians!
爸
Da!
别哭了
Don't cry.
我不哭
I don't cry.
马里恩 感谢上帝 你来得真是时候
Marion, thank God!No better place nor time, eh!
你没事吧 亲爱的
Are you all right, darling?
是的 我没事 我很好
Yes, I'm all right, I'm all right now.
你在笑什么
What were you laughing about?
刚才你在那边到底听到了什么好笑的笑话
What kind of funny joking were you passing about out there?
没什么好笑的
There's nothing to wag on about.
得了 马里恩 刚才你和他们聊了什么
Come on, Marion.What was you saying to 'em?
我不过是问候了他老婆几句
Well, I asked him how his wife was.
可那有什么值得他好笑的
But what was it to make him laugh, eh?
他也问我老婆怎么样
He asked me how my wife was.
于是我告诉了他
So I told him.
我已经不是你老婆了
I'm no longer your wife.
肖尼人还会回来
The Shawnee will be back.
这一点 你们可以确定
Of that, you can be certain.
听着 我们一定可以...
Look, surely we can...
不 不要
No! Don't!
这些东西是哪来的
Where'd you get those?
这下走运了 亲爱的 这代表某种禁忌之地
Aye, it's good luck, honey,Some sort of taboo.
羽毛是种明显的符号♥ 让你不要靠近
The feathers are a clear sign. Keep away.
如果你不照做 身后的退路就会消失
If you don't, the trail will disappear behind you.
印第安人很讲究
The Indians are pernickety.
他们是不会跟我们进入这座山谷的
They won't follow us into this valley.
如果印第安人不进去 那也许我们也不该进
If the Indians won't be going there,then maybe we shouldn't be either.
山谷下面不会有其他人
There's not likely to be anyone down there.
而上面有肖尼人守着
Up here, we've got Shawnee.
这是他们的地盘 我们是入侵者
This is their land. We're intruders.
肖尼人吗 - 没错
Shawnee? - Yes.
你在朱尔身后跟紧点
Stay close to Jewell.
用你最快的速度进入山谷
Get into that valley as fast as you can.
我去打探下他们在干什么
I'll see what they're up to.
你在看什么
What in the world?