You're gonna make somebody very happy one day.
你知道
You know...
在经历了一生的沉默和背叛之后
after a lifetime of silence and betrayals,
最近艾米和我又找到了彼此
lately Amy and I have been finding each other again.
你和你妻子艾米 你们感觉还在
You and Amy your wife? Are you feeling OK?
是的 我感觉很好
Yes, I... I feel OK.
这是我多年来听到你说的最不可思议的事情
It's the most incredible thing I've heard you say in all the years I've known you.
你知道 生活总是比
You know, life always keeps back
我们想象的更让人惊讶
more surprises than we could ever imagine.
是的
Yeah.
大卫 我需要帮忙 我下个月要去纽约大学开诗歌♥朗诵会
Dave, I need a favour. I gotta go give a poetry reading at NYU next month
他们要有人引荐我
and they want somebody to introduce me.
乔治 我知道你想分散我的注意力 但是
George, I understand you wanting to distract me, but this is...
这是一种简单的职业疗法
it's transparent occupational therapy.
这不是玩笑 我要你
This is no joke. I want you to present me
用最尴尬 最奉承的话语
in the most embarrassing, flattering terms
把我介绍给那些迎合我的人
to all those poetry-pandering puffs.
介绍你 谁来介绍我 死人吗
Present you? Who's going to present me? Forest Lawn?
乔治 你要求真高 可我现在什么也写不出来
George, you're a champ for asking, but I can't write anything now.
我完了 再也教不了别的课了
I'm finished. I may never teach another class.
找别人帮忙吧
Find someone else.
我大半生都在扮演霍雷肖 听你那三流的哈姆雷特
I have spent half of my life playing Horatio to your third-rate Hamlet,
听你那没完没了的自我陶醉 还有那憎恨父亲肯尼的抱怨
listening to your endless navel-gazing, your moaning about Kenny the father hater,
那些不知道什么时候该说再见的女人
the women who don't know when goodbye means goodbye,
为此你欠我很多时间
and for this you owe me big-time.
现在 我希望你以我们的友谊的名义做这件事
Now, I expect you to do this in the name of our friendship.
现在 你♥他♥妈♥的吃点东西好吗
Now, would you fucking eat something?
乔治·奥赫恩的诗歌♥
The poetry of George O'Hearn.
他从不为自己辩解
Makes no apology for himself.
正如A·E·豪斯曼在他著名的文章中写道
As AE Housman wrote in his celebrated essay,
“我不知道诗歌♥是什么”
"I don't know what poetry is,
“但我听到时能认出来”
"but I recognise it when I hear it."
毫无疑问 今晚嘉宾所写的东西
There can be no question that this evening's guest
我们立刻就能认出是诗歌♥
writes what we all instantly recognise as poetry.
二十五年前 他在《纽约客》上发表了他的第一部作品
Since the publication 25 years ago of his first work in the New Yorker,
乔治·奥赫恩那充满阳刚之气的嗓音
George O'Hearn's vigorously masculine voice
已经成为美国诗坛的固定元素
has become a fixture of the American poetic landscape.
诗歌♥同时也是街头的语言
Poetry which is at one and the same time the language of the street-
有力的 都市化的 急切的
potent, urban and impatient-
同时又是不以自我为中心
but also the un-self-centred promptings
激发不安心灵的语言
of an unquiet heart.
1988年 这种情感的独特结合
In 1988, that unique combination of sensibilities
为乔治·奥赫恩赢得了普利策奖
earned George O'Hearn the Pulitzer Prize.
但我不想再拖延下去
But rather than procrastinate further
用冗长的赞美 他肯定会觉得晕倒
or damn him with praise he will inevitably consider faint,
我将把工作移交
I will turn the proceedings over
给纽约人 或者我应该说是美国人
to New York's own, or should I say America's own
乔治·奥赫恩
George O'Hearn.
乔治 乔治
George. George.
我去叫人
I'm gonna call somebody.
嗨 大卫
Hi, David.
他刚醒来不久
He just woke up a little while ago.
嗨 大卫
Hi, David.
乔治
George.
我是科佩什
It's Kepesh.
在这里 乔治 在这里
I'm here, George. I'm here.
乔治
George...
我欠你的
I owe you.
我知道他没有认出我
I wonder who he thought I was.
我想他很清楚
I think he knew perfectly well.
你真好
You're sweet.
你把他当回事 他非常感激
You took him as he was. He so appreciated that.
他把我当回事
He took me the same.
你要去哪里 -我刚说过 佛罗里达
You're going where? -I just told you. Florida.
去见她的父母 就在这个周末
To meet her parents. It's just for the weekend.
那个女孩 -她叫戴娜
The girl's... -Her name is Dana.
你要去见她的家人
You're gonna meet her folks?
我想他们应该知道我不是变♥态♥
Well, I think they should know that I'm just not some kind of pervert.
肯尼 你都快四十岁了
Kenny, you're nearly 40 years old,
不需要已经有三个孩子的女孩的父母的同意
you don't need the approval of the parents of a girl who has three children of her own.
她想得到她父母的同意
It... Does she want her parents' approval?
如果你想得到我的同意 好吧 我同意
If you want my approval, fine, you've got it.
我只想让你明白 这并不意味着
I just wanted you to understand, cos this doesn't mean
我不爱丽莎
that I don't love Lisa,
我只是需要 -肯尼 你在干什么
I just need to... -Kenny, what are you doing?
你要从一个监狱里逃出来
You're gonna escape from one prison
一头扎进另一个高度戒备的监狱
and race headlong into another maximum-security facility.
你怎么会认为婚姻就是监狱
Where did you get the idea that marriage is a prison?
服刑时间
From serving time.
听着 这不是你妈妈的事 我就是不适合
Look, it wasn't about your mum, I just wasn't cut out for it.
这是你认可的版本
Is this your version of approval?
肯尼 听我说 我是你唯一的父亲
Kenny, listen to me. I'm the only father you have.
我是你唯一拥有的人
I'm the only one you'll ever have.
这真是一种安慰
What a comfort that is.
我知道我让你失望了
I know I've disappointed you,
但你不是小孩子 你必须克服这种愤怒
but you're not a child and you've got to get past this rage.
如果你想在我们之间有任何进展
If you ever want there to be anything between us
你必须翻过这一页
you've got to turn the page.
对不起 我还有件事
Excuse me, I have an appointment.
我还没说完
I'm not finished.
嘿 -我真的得走了
Hey. -I really have to run.
什么事 -乔治的葬礼
What appointment? -George's funeral.
乔治是谁 你的朋友 -是的
George who? Your friend George? -Yeah.
他死了 -是的 我真的得走了
He died? -Yeah. I really... I have to run.
我们稍后再说 好吗
We'll finish this later, OK?
对不起
I'm sorry.
你好
Hello.
不 我碰巧在城里 在《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》上看到讣告
No, I just... I happened to be in town, I saw the obit in the Times, and...
整整两版
Two full columns.
我想对诗人来说还不错
Not bad for a poet, I guess.
你怎么样
How are you holding up?
不太好 不过我会没事的
Not so good, but I'll be OK.
一切都好吗
How's everything?
西雅图是创业的好地方
Seattle's a great place to build a business.
我累坏了
I'm exhausted.
但我很喜欢
But I love it. I...
你有什么打算 大卫
What are you thinking about, David?
没有
Nothing.
我们一生都像青少年一样
We kept acting like teenagers all our life.
就这样
That's all.
什么意思 我和你 -对 你和我
Who's... Who's we? Me and you? -Yes, you and I.
我们一辈子
We spent our life...
都在追求什么
chasing after what?
你唯一一次怀孕是因为时间不对而流产
And the only time you got pregnant you had an abortion because the time wasn't right,
那是十五年前的事了
and that was 15 years ago.
现在合适的时机来了
Did the right time ever come?
没有合适的人
Nor the right person.
以前你在我浴室里找到的卫生棉条
Remember that tampon you found in my bathroom?
那东西属于我爱的一个小女孩
That thing belonged to a young girl I was in love with.
什么
What...
我们有机会吗 她和我
kind of a chance did we have, she and I?
没有
None.
我们最多只能拖上几年
At best we'd have dragged it out a couple of years
但最后她会意识到 她的生活中已经没有多少空间
but in the end she'd have realised that there was little room in her life
留给比她大三十多岁的男人
for a man 30-odd years older than she.
没什么 我和那个女孩之间真该发生点什么
Nothing... ever should have happened between me and that girl.
那只是个错误
It was just a mistake.
我老了 大卫
I'm getting old, David.
男人看我的眼神每天都在改变
The way men look at me changes every day.
有很多和我同龄的女性
There are women my age, a lot of women,
在那些交♥友♥网♥站上