我也很喜欢戏剧
and I adore the theatre.
我为一家杂♥志♥评论剧本 你愿意可以和我一起
I review plays for a magazine. Would you like to go with me sometime?
去剧院看戏
To the theatre.
好 -抱歉
Yes. -Sorry.
去看戏 你干嘛不带她去舞会
Go to the theatre? Why don't you take her to the prom?
不 你不明白 这个女孩是
No, you don't get it. This girl is...
她是完全不同时代的复古者
She's a throwback to a completely different time.
必须向她求爱
She has to be wooed.
我以为我们在讨论性
I thought we were talking about sex, I...
作为普利策奖得主的诗人
You know, for a Pulitzer Prize-winning poet,
有时你表现出非凡的缺乏想象力
sometimes you display a remarkable lack of imagination.
所以他们才给我这个该死的奖
That's why they gave me the fucking prize.
别告诉我你从来没有经历过那个过程 说过那些话
Don't tell me you've never been through the process, talking the talk?
所以我有了一个家庭 天哪
That's why I have a family, for Christ's sake.
说过那些话 也许你应该再结婚
I talk to them. Maybe you should get married again.
乔治
George!
区分你的需求
Bifurcate your requirements.
如果你想 可以和你妻子聊一聊
You'll talk the talk with your wife, if you feel like it.
或去博物馆 看看所有你想要的戈雅们
Go to the museums, look at all the Goyas that you want,
保留性♥爱♥部分 为了性
but keep the sex part just for sex.
好吧
All right.
你还跟你妻子在一起 乔治
Do you really still talk to your wife, George?
一♥平♥
Ouuuh, ...one-all.
我不打
I'm not hitting that.
偷偷溜走去抽烟
Oh, sneaking off for a smoke!
你不应该抽烟
You know you shouldn't smoke.
你每三周在这床上都说了一遍
You tell me that in this bed every three weeks.
我压力很大
I'm under a lot of pressure.
我喜欢始终如一 -我也一样
I like to be consistent. -So do I.
大卫 你已经劝我戒烟二十年了
David, you've tried to get me to quit smoking for 20 years.
从上你课的第一天起
Since the first day of your class.
天哪 你的课让我抽烟了
Oh, my God, your class made me smoke.
我压力很大
I'm under a lot of stress.
芝加哥怎么样 -克利夫兰
Oh, how was Chicago? -Cleveland.
芝加哥是上周 亚特兰大
Chicago was last week. Atlanta...
亚特兰大就在下周 -你怎么像《西北偏北》的
Atlanta is next week. -You sound like Cary Grant
加里·格兰特
in North By Northwest.
笑吧
Laugh.
像个经营自己生意的女人
Just try being a woman running your own business.
我以为你喜欢自己做老板 -是的 是的
I thought you liked being your own boss. -I do. Oh, I do, I do.
没错
I do.
感谢上帝 有这些小插曲
But thank God for these little interludes,
我只能说这些
that's all I can say.
你不接电♥话♥
Aren't you gonna get that?
世界上只有一个人会在凌晨两点给我打电♥话♥
Only one person in the world would call me at two o'clock in the morning.
留个口信
Leave a message.
有没有收到电子邮件 我需要跟你谈谈
Did you get my email? I really need to talk to you.
我早该知道 -肯尼
I should have known better... -Kenny.
而以为你这个时候会在家
than to think you'd be home at this hour.
或者你在家里 舒舒服服 自鸣得意
Or maybe you are home and you're listening to this all snug and smug
蜷着身子听着
and curled up.
三十五岁了 还对我恨之入骨
35 years old, he still hates my guts.
你抛弃了他
Well, you ran out on him.
我放弃了一段婚姻 就像摆脱百万年前的年轻和恐惧
I ran out on a marriage that I got myself into out of youth and fear a million years ago.
这就是你为解放付出的代价 -不 这是他成为
That's the price you pay for liberation. -No, that's the price he pays
被遗弃母亲的英勇捍卫者所付出的代价
for being turned into the heroic defender of the abandoned mother.
我们中只有一个人能翻越这堵墙
I mean, there's only one of us could make it over the wall,
他还揪住我不放
he's still on my case.
难道没有什么诉讼时效
I mean, isn't there some statute of limitations?
我努力过了 真的
I've tried. Really, I've tried.
在他十二三岁的时候 有一次
When he was 12 or 13 one time,
他来和我一起过夏天 我带他去看大都会队
he came to spend the summer with me, I took him to the Mets,
他在接下来的五局都在男厕所里呕吐
he spent the next five innings throwing up in the men's room.
从那以后他就一直在吐 那个电♥话♥就是他在吐
He's been throwing up ever since, that phone call was him throwing up.
你知道什么是野生的吗
And you know what's wild?
他就是 肯尼·科佩什
He's successful. Kenny Kepesh.
备受尊重的医生 我的医生儿子
Well-respected doctor, my son the doctor.
会说流利的法语 已经结婚有了孩子
He speaks passable French, he's married with children.
只要对着我 他就会变成你刚才听到的那样
It's only with me that he regresses to what you just heard.
对不起 我激动了
I'm sorry, he gets me going.
我以为你不再评论剧本了
I thought you stopped reviewing plays.
那个看来还是有点乐趣
Well, that one looked kind of interesting.
可惜我要去亚特兰大 -我会去找乔治
Too bad I'm gonna be in Atlanta. -I'll go with George.
宗教 家庭 教堂 自助书籍
Religion, family, church, self-help books,
牙齿这么白 让人以为嘴里有手电筒
men with teeth so white you think there's a flashlight in their mouths.
爱 尤其是浪漫的爱情 -爱
Love! Especially romantic love! -Love!
鲜花 小商场
Flowers, mini-malls.
没有什么比小商场更令人沮丧的了
There's nothing more depressing than mini-malls.
能干什么 -小商场
What do you think? -Mini-malls!
也许除了你的缺点 你的恶习
Except perhaps your flaws, your vices,
你的抵押贷款 你的
your mortgages, your...
偷偷摸摸看着你沉睡的黑莓
furtive looks to your sleeping BlackBerrys.
黑莓
BlackBerrys!
这个男人发现自己在这里 头皮屑从我的头上掉下来
And this man who finds himself here, dandruff falling off my head...
《空池》 安德烈·拉马尔
太棒了
That was wonderful.
很高兴你喜欢 -谢谢
I'm glad you enjoyed it. -Thank you.
找个地方喝一杯怎么样
Would you like to go somewhere for a drink?
不必勉强
We don't have to.
我只是不习惯和名人在一起
I'm just not used to being out with a celebrity.
除了每周在公共电视上谈论一次文学
Talking about literature on public television once a week
偶尔为《纽约客》写一篇评论文章
and writing the occasional review for the New Yorker
算不上什么名人
doesn't make me much of a celebrity.
别忘了你那个享乐书籍
Don't forget your risqué books.
《美国享乐主义的起源》
The origins of American hedonism.
好吧 如果你不喜欢被人盯着看
Look, if you don't like the idea of being stared at,
可以去我那里
we could go to my place,
那里只有我一个人盯着你
then the only person staring will be me.
如果我去你家 你会为我弹一曲吗
If I go to your place, will you do something for me?
有点生疏了
That was awful.
还不错
That was OK.
太棒了 我也想学
That was amazing. I wish I could play.
上钢琴课吧 你会喜欢玩的
Take lessons. You'd enjoy playing.
如果你会弹钢琴 就不会有这样高的评价了
If you knew more, you wouldn't have such a high opinion of my playing.
你这是想要别人恭维你了
Now you're fishing for compliments.
这是节拍器
Is this a metronome?
就像心跳一样
It's like a heartbeat.
即使是伟大的钢琴家也有加速的问题
Even great pianists have a problem that they call acceleration.
你真是很有魅力
You are a very charming man.
难道你不知道
You know that, don't you?
如果这都是给你看节拍器的话 我发誓这不是我发明的
If this all for showing you a metronome, I swear I didn't invent it.
你能找到离开性还很迷人的人
Can you find anyone that enchanting without sex?
没有
Nobody.
这是哪
What is this?
暗室
It's my darkroom.
我以前自己冲洗照片
I used to develop my own pictures.
怎么不做了 -没时间
So you don't any more? -No, no time.
我可以去数码冲印 虽然不是很懂
I should go digital but I can't really understand that stuff.
没错
Of course you can.
谢谢
Thank you.
给这位小公主的礼物 因为她
...something for this little princess because she's...
她是照片的中心 而不是她的父母
she's the centre of the picture, not her parents.
王后和国王 他们
The queen and the king, they're...
只是
just...
在镜子里像幽灵般的倒影
ghostly reflections in the mirror.
她一定很想和你上♥床♥
Well, she must have been curious about going to bed with you.
是啊 这样她就可以告诉闺蜜们我们这些老男人
Yeah, so she could tell her girlfriends what a man of our age, uh,
就像特写镜头一样
is like close-up.
我只是她的一个新体验 其中之一
I'm a new experience for her. One of many to come.
她会记得我这个给她带去文化的老家伙
She'll remember me as the old guy who gave her some culture on the way.
好吧 听起来不错 你也会记住这样一件事 对吧