I'm going to step off the LM now.
我现在要离开登月舱了
Armstrong is on the moon.
阿姆斯特朗站在月球上了
On this July 20th, 1969.
在1969年7月20日
That's one small step for man...
这是个人的一小步
one giant leap for mankind.
却是人类迈出的一大步
I think that was Neil's quote.
我以为那是纳尔说的话
I didn't understand.
我不懂
One small step for man,
个人的一小步
but I didn't get the second phrase.
但是我没懂下半句话
Some more of our monitors here...
我们这里还有一些监视器
It was only this morning, by evolution's clock,
直到今天早上 在进化之钟的引导下
that he fashioned the glass that brought distance close,
他打造了一种能拉近距离的玻璃
showed him that his world, the epicenter of everything,
向他展示了他的世界 万物的中心
is only a small speck in the second-rate solar system...
只是太阳系中的一个小斑点
Teddy, what the hell are you doing?
泰迪 你♥他♥妈♥在干什么
What does it look like?
我看上去像在做什么
Well, whatever you're doing, it looks ridiculous.
嗯 不管你在做什么 看上去很蠢
I'm winning back the sympathies of my constituents.
我在赢得选民的同情
Yeah? It looks fake.
啊 看上去好假
It's as real as can be. It's a real neck brace.
这已经够真实了这可是个真的颈托
Well, it looks fake on you.
好吧 这在你身上看上去很假
That's 'cause you know me.
那是因为你了解我
Come on, Teddy. Take that thing off.
得了吧 泰迪脱下那个东西
No. Joey, no. I'm gonna wear it. No.
不乔伊 不我一定要带着它不
Ted, come on. It's stupid.
泰迪 得了吧这很蠢
Joey, no, I like it.
乔伊 不 我喜欢
Don't, Joey! No, no, no!
别 乔伊 不 不 不
Joey!
乔伊
That's it! Take it... Take it off!
够了 脱快脱下
My back! My back, Joey! Get off of me.
我的背 我的背 乔伊 放开我
Aw, my back.
啊 我的背
You're not a victim, Ted!
你不是一个受害者 泰迪
Jesus.
天
I'm gonna ask Dad and see what he says.
我要去问爸爸 看他怎么说
Come in. Dad.
进来吧 爸爸
Hey, Teddy. Oh, hey, guys.
嘿 泰迪 哦 嘿 你们好
Listen. Fellas, what do you
听着伙计们 你们
think about me wearing this to the funeral?
对于我穿这个去葬礼有什么看法吗
I think it might gain us some sympathy.
我觉得这会给我们带来一些同情
You look like a putz, Ted.
你看上去像个蠢蛋 泰德
You know how weak that'll look to the Russians?
你知道这对俄♥罗♥斯♥人来说显得有多软弱吗
The hell with you guys!
吃屎吧你们
I'll wear what I want.
我想穿什么就穿什么
Thanks for doing this, Joany.
谢谢你做这些 乔安妮
Go fuck yourself, Teddy.
去你妈 泰迪
I, uh, I lost my family when I was very young.
我 嗯 我在很小的时候就失去了家人
Both parents.
父母双亡
I can only imagine how much harder this is.
我只能想象这有多艰难
I just wanted you to know,
我只希望你们能知道
I needed to tell you both that...
我必须要告诉你们...
I did everything I could for Mary Jo.
我为了玛丽·乔做了一切能做的事
I tried to save her, Mr. Kopechne.
我尽力去救她 科佩奇尼先生
I did everything I could.
我做了所有我能做的事
What did you say your name was, again?
你能再说一遍你的名字是什么来着
Senator, thank you so much for being here.
参议员 非常感谢您来到这儿
Mr. Kopechne.
科佩奇尼先生
I know what a sacrifice you must have made.
我知道你做出了多大的牺牲
I'm so sorry for your loss.
对于你的损失 我深表歉意
Thank you for trying to save our daughter.
谢谢你试着救我的女儿
If there's anything I can do, please.
如果有什么我能做的 请说
...sayeth to the angel,
天使说
"Here am I, the servant of the Lord.
"我来了 耶♥和♥华♥的仆人
Let it be with me according to your word."
愿你的话与我同在"
And so it was with our Mary Jo,
我们的玛丽·乔也是这么认为
that from faith she drew her strength,
她从信仰中吸取了力量
her conviction and purpose in this world.
信念 和在这个世界的目的
It was faith that led Mary Jo...
是信仰带领着玛丽·乔
Please tell me I can believe in you.
请告诉我我可以相信你
What are you so afraid of?
你在害怕什么
Senator?
参议员
Senator.
参议员
You were up there for a very long time.
你站在那儿很久了
I got lost in my thoughts.
我想得入神了
How's your wife?
你妻子怎么样
She's okay.
她还好
I really am curious.
我真的很好奇
Tragedy has a way of defining people.
悲剧有一种能定义人的方式
On one hand, you have someone like Jackie who goes
一方面 你有像杰姬一样的
and practically becomes ambassador for the family.
实际上成为了家族的大使的人
Keeping the legacy alive.
让遗产永存
On the other hand,
在另一方面
a tragedy like this cripples some people...
像这样的悲剧让人变得残废
till they curl up into a ball.
直到他们蜷缩成一个球
Joany's more the latter.
乔安妮更像后者
I think there's a third kind of person.
我认为还有第三种人
The kind of person who defines their own legacy.
那种人会定义自己的遗产
I think my chance to define my legacy died with Mary Jo.
我觉得我能定义自己遗产的机会已经和玛丽·乔一起死了
Senator, look at Mr. And Mrs. Kopechne.
参议员 看看科佩奇尼先生和夫人
They don't blame you.
他们没有责怪你
Why should America?
那美国人♥民♥凭什么会这样做呢?
Senator, an officer's saying he saw you at 12:45
参议员 有位警官说他在中午12点45看到你
with a woman after the ferry closed.
和一位女性 在渡轮关闭之后
What about the rumors that Ms. Kopechne was pregnant?
那关于科佩奇尼小姐已经怀孕的传言呢
"Kennedy walked around with an open collar
"肯尼迪敞开衣领走来走去
showing off a previously unseen neck brace."
展现着之前从未见过的颈托"
What effect do you think
你觉得
this will have on your political career, Senator?
这会对您的政♥治♥生涯产生什么影响 参议员
And when can we expect some answers to some of these questions?
还有什么时候我们可以得到这些问题的答案呢
"For a man wearing a neck brace,
"对于一个戴颈托的人来说
Kennedy had no trouble craning
肯尼迪毫不费力地
around to see who was behind him at the funeral."
在葬礼上探头看看谁在他的身后"
Senator!
参议员
I'll make a statement at the appropriate time.
我会在合适的时候发表声明的
And when exactly will that appropriate time be, Senator?
那具体什么是合适的时候呢 参议员
Can you give us an indication
您可以给我们一个
of when that appropriate time will be, Senator?
确切的合适时间吗 参议员
Those are the Boston papers.
这些是波士顿的报纸
You want to hear from the New York Times?
你想听来自纽♥约♥时♥报♥的么
No, I got it.
不了 我有了
The neck brace was a mistake. I see that now.
颈托是个错误我现在明白了
Damn it.
该死
This country has a deep connection to the Kennedy name,
这个国家和肯尼迪这个名字有着很深的关联
and that is a valuable thing, gentlemen.
这是一件很有价值的事情 先生们
And we can't just let that go to waste.
我们不能浪费这一点
We need to remind the American
我们要提醒美国民众
people what this family has been through.
这个家族经历的一切
And how much more we have left to achieve.
和还要完成的使命
And how are you planning on doing that, Ted?
你打算怎么实现呢 泰德
A nationally televised statement.
全国电视声明
All three networks, prime time.
全部三家媒体 黄金时段
Is that all?
就这些吗
Why not have Ted fill in for Carson on The Tonight Show?
还不如让泰德代替卡尔森主持今夜秀吧
That's actually not a bad idea.
事实上 这还是真个不错的点子
The networks will donate
如果内容能作为新闻报道的一部分
the time if it's part of their news coverage.
网络公♥司♥肯定愿意提供时间
We could frame the national
我们能按照我们的期望
conversation the way we want it framed.
来引导全国范围的舆♥论♥
How do we do that? He's got to look sympathetic.
我们怎么做呢 他得看上去有同情心
It'd be easier to get him to fill in for Carson.
他去代替卡尔森可能比这个更容易实现一些
We tell the truth.
我们就说实话
电影精选列表