I want you to know that
我只想让你们知道
every effort possible was made to save her.
我们尽了最大的努力救她
Oh, my God, she's dead.
我的天 她死了
Okay. What do we need to do now?
天呐 我们现在该怎么办
What do we do to help the senator?
我们怎么才能帮到议员
You all need to get off the island as soon as possible.
你们只需要尽快离开这个岛
Nobody knows you're here.
没人知道你们在这
Just get yourselves home and keep quiet.
赶紧回家去 别乱说话
Remember what Ted said last night.
别忘了昨晚泰德怎么说的
We're family.
我们是一家人
We need to protect each other like family.
我们得像家人一样保护彼此
Senator, I hear you were in an accident this morning.
议员 我今早听说你卷入了一出事故
I can't make any statements.
我不方便发表评论
There're a lot of questions being asked.
我们刚才接到了一堆相关的疑问
Jim, I'd appreciate some understanding on this.
吉姆 你能理解一下的话 最好不过了
If the rumors are true,
如果谣言是真的话
I'm not the one you should be worried about.
你放心我不会乱说的
The senator won't be making any statements.
议员现在不方便发表任何评论
Senator. Is the chief in?
议员 你们的警♥察♥长在吗
The chief's not here. That's his private office.
警♥察♥长不在 那是他的私人办公室
We're just gonna wait in there until the chief gets back, okay?
没事 我们在里面等警♥察♥长回来
Come on, folks. Let's step it back a little bit.
各位 麻烦往后退一点
Can somebody tell me why we haven't found Senator Kennedy yet?
能不能解释一下为啥我们到现在都找不到肯尼迪议员
He's right here at the station, Chief.
他就在警♥察♥局啊 警♥察♥长
Well, can you tell him to get his ass down here?
你能不能让他快点到这来
The senator wants you to come to him.
议员想让你回来找他
Sorry, he's not here. No, I don't have...
抱歉 他不在这 我也不知道...
Chief's on his way.
警♥察♥长马上到
Good, thanks, Paul. That'll be fine.
太好了 谢了保罗 这就好办了
Will you please give me a moment?
能让我一个人待会吗
Sure.
好
Directory assistance. What listing, please?
我是主任助理 需要帮你联♥系♥谁
Uh, Kopechne, Berkeley Heights, New Jersey, I think.
呃 科佩奇尼 伯克利·海茨 新泽西
I'm unsure of the spelling.
我不确定是不是这么拼的
I'll connect you.
稍等 马上为您连线
Hello?
您好
Hello, Mrs. Kopechne? Yes, it is.
您好 是科佩奇尼女士吗 是的
This is Senator Ted Kennedy, Mrs. Kopechne.
科佩奇尼女士您好 我是泰德·肯尼迪议员
Could I please speak to your husband?
我可以和您老公说几句吗
Oh, Senator.
啊 议员啊
Joseph's not here at the moment.
约瑟夫现在不在
Can I take a message for him?
不过我可以帮您带个话
Mrs. Kopechne, Mary Jo was involved in an accident.
科佩奇尼女士 玛丽·乔遇到了一场事故
Was it in a car?
和车有关吗
It was an automobile accident.
对 是一起汽车事故
She was... She was returning to take a ferry back to the mainland
她当时 她当时正在往回赶 打算坐渡轮回来
when the accident occurred.
然后就遇到事故了
Was my daughter killed?
我女儿死了吗
Yes.
是的
Mary Jo was an exceptional human being.
玛丽·乔是个很优秀的人
She served my brother and my family with grace, dignity...
她在协助着我的哥哥和我们家
Ted, you're on with Joe.
泰德 你可以和乔伊说了
Dad, I'm at the police station.
爸 我现在在警♥察♥局
I'm telling you this because I wanted to let you know
我给你电♥话♥是因为我想让你知道
that I am going to explain to them what happened.
我打算给他们说清楚到底发生了什么
And I'm going to say that I was the one driving.
我也会说我就是那个开车的人
I will protect myself, but I have to do what's right.
我会保护好自己 但我一定得做对得起良心的事
I have to tell the truth.
我必须告知真像
Alibi.
借口
I'm not going to be the one defined by my flaws.
我不会被这次过错所定性
Joe Jr. Was the favorite one. Jack was the charming one.
小乔是你最喜欢的 杰克是最英俊的
Bobby was the brilliant one.
鲍比是最成功的
And what did that leave me, Dad?
那我呢 爸
The fat one? The stupid one?
最胖的那个 最蠢的那个
I'll tell you what. The one who got in the most trouble.
我告诉你 我是那个最能惹祸的
Well, I can be charming. I can be brilliant. I can...
我可以英俊迷人 我可以成功显赫 我可以...
I am the only son you got left.
我是那个独独被你遗忘的儿子
I'm the one making this decision, Dad. I'm the one...
我是做决定的人 爸 我是一个...
Ted, he's writing something.
泰德 他在写一些东西
He says, "You're the head
他说 "你现在是
of the family now. Start acting like it."
家里的顶梁柱 开始扛起这个家吧"
Goodbye, Dad.
再见 爸
This is Dun Gifford.
这里是邓·吉福德
Dun, I need you on the next plane to Edgartown.
邓 我需要你出现在去埃德加敦的下一趟飞机上
Yeah, I've been expecting your call. David filled me in.
我一直在等你的电♥话♥
Good.
好的
Listen, we've made mistakes here. I want you to understand that.
听着 我们犯了错误 你要明白这点
But I want to make sure, going forward,
但是我要确保 接下来
we handle everything with the utmost integrity.
我们要以最高的诚意处理一切
I understand.
我明白
We need to make sure the
我们要确保
poor girl's body gets to her family right away.
那个可怜女孩的尸体交由其家属保管
Can you... Can you do that for me?
你能办到吗
Uh, okay, but there may be
好的 但是如果他们要尸检的话
a delay if they want to perform an autopsy.
这事可能得晚点才能办
Why do you think I want it out of here?
你觉得我为什么不想把尸体留在这儿
Can you handle this or not?
你到底能不能办到
Of bourse, Senator, but what if they demand...
好的 参议员 但是如果他们需要
Paul.
保罗
Paul, I, uh...
保罗 我
I need you to help me come up with a written statement.
我需要你帮我起草一份书面声明
I'm going to say I was driving.
我要澄清是我在开车
I don't want to drag you and
我不想再拖累
Joey into this any more than I already have.
你和乔伊了
So we're just gonna leave that part out.
所以这部分我们避而不谈
I mean any part that can
所有会动摇
hurt my position with the police or the public,
我在警局和公众地位的事
we're gonna leave out. Can you do that?
都要避而不谈 明白了吗
Sure.
好的
Is there any truth to the rumor?
谣传有没有证实
Has the senator been found?
参议员找到了吗
Hold all my calls.
截住我所有的来电
Bob, there's a bunch of reporters outside.
鲍勃 外面有一大帮记者
Keep them out there, all right?
拦住他们 行吗
Yes, sir. Outside.
好的 长官 外面等我
Good morning, Chief.
早上好 警长
Senator.
参议员
I have a statement I'd like to read, if that's okay.
我想宣读一声明 如果可以的话
Okay.
好吧
"On July 18, 1969,
"在1969年 7月18日
at approximately 11:15 p.M.
晚上11点15分左右
in Chappaquiddick, Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts,
在查帕奎迪克 马撒葡萄园岛 马萨诸塞州
I was driving my car on Main Street
我开着我的车行驶在主路上
on the way to get the ferry back to Edgartown.
在去乘坐渡船回埃德加敦的路上
I was unfamiliar with the road and turned right onto Dike Road
我对这里的路不太熟悉 迷失了方向没左拐上主路
instead of bearing a hard left onto Main Street.
反而右转开上了堤坝路
After proceeding for approximately one half mile...
我在错的路上已经行驶了2.5公里左右之后
I discovered a hill and came upon a narrow bridge...
我发现了一个斜坡 然后碰上了一座窄桥
then went off the edge of the bridge.
我沿着桥边行驶着
There was one passenger in the car with me,
与我同在车上有另一个乘客
Miss Mary Jo Kopechne.
玛丽·乔·科佩奇尼小姐
She was a former secretary of my brother Robert F. Kennedy.
她是我哥哥罗伯特·肯尼迪的前任秘书
The car turned over and landed on the roof,
翻车后 车顶朝下
resting on the bottom.
落入了湖底
I attempted to open the door and the window of the car,
我试图打开车门和车窗
and have no recollection of how I got out."
我都不记得我是怎么逃出来的
"I came to the surface and then repeatedly dove down
我游上水面又不断潜入水里
to see if the passenger was still in the car."
去看她是否还困在车里
Mary Jo!
玛丽·乔
Come on. Come on. Mary Jo!
拜托 回应我啊 玛丽·乔
电影精选列表