of the immigrant with nothing.
让美国明白,
Who will also be treated by
the finest doctors,
我们不仅仅是基克和波拉克,
也不仅仅是屠夫的肉。
so that America will learn
但你们甚至连维持五点街区医院的资金
都没有。
we are more than Kike and Polack
and butcher’s meat.
开始这项使命,资金自然会来。
But you don’t even have the funds
这项使命今晚就开始,
to sustain the hospital
in Five Points.
就在这间屋子里,
Begin the mission and the
means will come.
有你们这些先生——
This mission begins tonight,
in this room,
with you, gentlemen--
或者它根本就不会开始。
or it does not begin at all.
先生们,你们都见过面了吗?
Gentlemen, have you all met?
谢谢你们的到来。
Thank you for being here.
正如你们所见...
As you can see...
...儿科。
...pediatrics.
墨菲医生:……而且如果
艾布拉姆斯做出承诺
Dr. Murphy: ...and if
Abrams makes a pledge
我看不出他的同事有什么理由不效仿。
I see no reason why his colleagues
这不会对总额造成什么影响,但是……
wouldn’t follow suit.
这不会让总额减少多少,但……
It won’t put a dent in the
grand total but...
但这算是个开始。
it’s a start.
墨菲医生……
Dr. Murphy...
看看能不能让他再加一个零。
see if you can add another
zero to his pledge.
这里有200人。
There are 200 here.
再加上本周收到的承诺,
And with the pledges that
came in this week,
是……617——
it’s... 617-
哦不!求你别把我关进监狱。拜托!
Oh no! Please, do not put me
in jail. Please!
不,别关监狱!
他们需要你去打扫厕所。
No, no jail! They need you to
clean their toilets.
男人1:你居然从孩子手里拿钱?!
Man 1: You take money from a kid?!
是时候清理公园了!
Time to clear the park!
滚出去,达戈斯!
Get out, Dagos!
走吧,走吧!
Go, go!
你被捕了。
You’re under arrest.
嗯,
Well,
代表市长,
on behalf of the Mayor,
我向你保证,这是纽约最后一次
I promise you that this is the
last time New York will ever
举办意大利节了。
see an Italian Festival.
罚款,包括你在被捕时被处以的罚款,
The fines, including those
attended upon your arrest,
总计3111美元,
amount to 3,111 dollars,
正好是我们收来的金额。
which happens to be exactly the
amount we collected.
今天真是你的幸运日。
It’s your lucky day.
我得跟市长谈谈。
I need to speak to the Mayor.
哦,你要谈吗?
Oh do you?
这些钱本该属于穷♥人♥!
This money belongs to the poor!
我要跟市长谈谈,先生!
I will speak to the Mayor,
signore!
你以为你是谁啊?
Who the hell do you think you are?
我是个女人!
I am a woman!
而且我是意大利人!
And I am Italian!
我受够了像你这样的小人物!
And I am done with
little men like you!
心眼儿就跟花生米一样大!
With hearts the size of a peanut!
伦茨勒警官!
Officer Rentschler!
太瞎了,根本看不懂真♥相♥!
Too blind to understand the truth!
要知道我们都是人!
To know that we are all
human beings!
我们都是一样的!
We are all the same!
上帝的孩子们!
Children of God!
如果你轻视我们,
后果自负!
And you dismiss us at
your own peril!
警官,
Officer,
请护送这位几内亚人
please escort this guinea
回到五点街区,
她该待的地方。
back to Five Points
where she belongs.
我自己能走!
I can walk myself!
我警告过你!
I warned you!
但你被野心蒙蔽了双眼!
But you were blinded by ambition!
赤♥裸♥裸的野心!
Naked ambition!
你选择违抗我
You chose to disobey me
现在你的行为 and now your actions
已经成为总教区的问题,
have become the problem of
the Archdiocese,
以及我所照料的灵魂们!
and the souls under my care!
你让我别无选择
You have left me no choice
只能通知你,你的机构
but to inform you that
your institutions
将被解散,
are to be disbanded,
你和你的姐♥妹♥们♥必须返回意大利。
and you and your sisters are
to return to Italy.
我向你保证 I assure you
总教区
that the Archdiocese
会妥善处理你的受托人。
will handle your wards appropriately.
你的意思是我的孩子们。
You mean my children.
你的使命结束了,修女。
Your mission is over, Mother.
我的使命才刚刚开始。
My mission has barely begun.
卡布里尼修女——Mother Cabrini-
你要求我摧毁我的房♥子
You ask me to destroy my houses
然后像罪犯一样逃回意大利。
and run back to Italy
like a criminal.
你被捕了,不是吗?
You were arrested, were you not?
这个问题将在一百年后依然存在。
This problem will be with us
in a hundred years.
没必要让自己累死 There’s no point
working yourself
去试图改变它。
to death trying to change it.
有些事情永远不会改变。
Some things never change.
如果我没有力量像你那样思考,
请原谅我。
Forgive me if I don’t have the
strength to think like you.
嗯,尽管如此,意大利人
Well, despite that, the Italians
没有你也能生存下来,
have survived without you,
而且不知怎的他们还会继续这样。
and somehow they will
continue to do so.
你要离开纽约,永远不要回来。
You are to leave New York
and never return.
这是一道服从的命令。
This is an order of obedience.
这是一道服从的命令,必须服从。
It is an order of
obedience, and must be obeyed.
科里根给了我们30天,
Corrigan gave us 30 days,
我打算好好利用它们。
I intend to use them.
在我缺席期间,
康切塔将管理所有纽约业务。
In my absence, Concetta will
manage all New York operations.
在我们听到其他消息之前,
Until we hear otherwise,
我们将继续我们已经开始的工作。
we will continue the
work we’ve begun.
正如修女所说,
我们在天堂有充足的时间休息。
As Mother says, we have plenty
of time to rest in Heaven.
那么,让我们回去工作吧。
So, let’s get back to work.
我们是幸存者……
We are survivors...
难道不是吗?
are we not?
我们是。
We are.
你能带我一起吗?
Would you take me with you?
我们很勇敢,
We are bold,
不然我们就死。
or we die.
卡布里尼修女!
Mother Cabrini!
阁下。
Your Grace.
能见到您来迎接我们,真是荣幸。
What an honor that you
came to greet us.
我可以吗?
May I?
不用了,谢谢。我能应付。
No, thank you. I can manage.
修女。
Sister.
当我还是个孩子的时候,
When I was a boy,
我会坐在客厅里
I would sit in a parlor
和父亲以及他的朋友们一起。
with my father and his cronies.