哦,天哪,
Oh dear,
离开人行道。
Off the sidewalk.
您能再说一遍吗?
I beg your pardon?
您能看见我在和别人说话吗?
Can you see that I’m
speaking with someone?
我不明白您在说什么。
I don’t understand you.
去一家收留意大利人的医院吧!
Go to a hospital
that takes Italians!
拜托,
Come on,
肮脏的小意大利人,走吧!出去!
Filthy little Dago,
let’s go! Out!
警♥察♥1:你♥爸♥爸在哪里?
你还有别的家人吗?
Policeman1: Where’s your father?
Do you have any other family?
警♥察♥2:约翰尼,别浪费时间——
Policeman2: Johnny, don’t
waste your time--
那些猴子根本听不懂。
those monkeys don’t
understand a thing.
两天后,她就进了墓地。
Two days and she’s in the
Potter’s Field.
纽约。
New York.
从现在起,姐♥妹♥们♥,我们说英语。
And from now on, my sisters,
we speak English.
一位名叫莫雷利的神父将在港口迎接我
们。
We will be greeted at the port
by a priest named Morelli.
他再也无法管理五点街区的孤儿院了,
He can no longer manage his
orphanage in Five Points,
所以我们将接管它,
so we will gain possession of it,
给那些被遗弃的孩子们他们迫切需要的
爱。
and give the abandoned children
the love they so badly need.
如果我们想要建立一个希望的帝国,
If we are to build an
empire of hope,
姐♥妹♥们♥,
my sisters,
看来我们得先征服纽约。
it seems we must first
conquer New York.
于是我们开始了。
And so we begin.
我们等够久了。
We’ve waited long enough.
请问,去五点街区多少钱?
Excuse me, how much
to Five Points?
这个钟点别去五点街区。
Don’t go to Five Points
at this hour.
先生,请您帮帮忙。我们不知道——
Please, sir. We don’t know--
很抱歉。
I’m sorry.
睁开眼睛。
Open your eyes.
看看一切。
See everything.
这就是我们要服务的人。
This is who we’ve come to serve.
嘿!
Hey!
弗朗西丝卡·卡布里尼。
Francesca Cabrini.
欢迎来到美国。
Welcome to America.
男人1:肮脏的意大利人,
Man 1: Filthy dagos,
他们就是不停地来。
they just keep coming.
我们应该把他们都送回去。
We ought’a ship ’em all back.
你在看谁呢,豚鼠?
Who are you looking at,
Guinea Pig?
男人2:拜托,走吧。
Man 2: Come on. Let’s go.
如果你说存在意大利人问题,
If you’re saying that
there is an Italian problem,
那么是的,确实存在。
then yes, there is.
而且是个大问题!
Quite a large one!
现在,我……这不安全——
Now, I... It’s not safe--
对你不安全,对你的孩子们也不安全。
not for you, not for your wards.
现在,我非常抱歉
Now, I’m terribly sorry
你远渡大西洋来听这些话,
that you sailed the
Atlantic to hear it,
但这就是我的简短♥信♥。
but that is my letter in brief.
那么我就把它当作一个好兆头,
Then I take it as a great sign,
我没有收到它。
I did not receive it.
因为我留下来了。
Because I’m staying.
啊。
Ah.
嗯,呃……
Well, uh...
我已做出决定,
I made my decision,
所以恐怕别无选择
so I’m afraid there’s no choice
只能让你上船回家去。
but for you to get on a boat
and go back home.
现在,我的办公室 Now, my office
很乐意协助你
would be pleased to assist you
安排一艘轮船,
如果可以——in arranging a steamer,
if that might-
我是教皇派来的。
I was sent here by the Pope.
我不想让他失望。
I would not want to
disappoint him.
嗯。
Hmm.
当然,我很高兴教皇祝你好运。
Of course, I am delighted that
the Pope wishes you well.
但请知道,他是授权我
But please know that I am
empowered by Him
为总教区做决定
to make decisions for
the Archdiocese
完全按照我的判断。
entirely as I see fit.
所以如果你要留在纽约
So if you are to
remain in New York
那只是因为我允许。
it is only because I allow it.
这样清楚吗?
Is this clear?
嗯……
Well...
这应该没问题。
This should be just fine.
看,妈妈。
Look, Mother.
这个。
This one.
不过这个也不错,而且更便宜。
But this is nice too and it
does cost less.
我们还能省下其他开销。
We’ll save on other things.
我们的孩子值得最好的。
Our children deserve the best.
他们会注意到的。
They will notice.
我的肺部状况很糟糕。
My lungs are very compromised.
我知道。
I know.
怎么说呢?
How do you say it?
结核后症状……
Post-tubercular symptoms...
我们可以讲英语,墨菲医生。
We can speak English, Dr. Murphy.
我需要练习。
I need the practice.
你真幸运今晚我在这里。
You’re fortunate I was
here tonight.
我只是偶尔做志愿者。
I only volunteer on occasion.
墨菲医生:
我想你对自己的病情有所了解。
Dr. Murphy: I take it you
know your prognosis.
恐怕情况并不乐观。
I’m afraid it’s not a
cheerful one.
医生告诉我还有五年。
The doctors tell me five years.
以我的经验……两年,
In my experience... two,
也许三年。
perhaps three.
五年就是奇迹了。
Five would be a miracle.
如果是这样的话,
In that case,
我该开始工作了。
I should get to work.
前提是你要休息,妈妈。
That’s if you rest, Mother.
如果你再出现这样的发作……
If you have another
episode like this...
很可能就是终点了。
it could very well spell the end.
她来了。
She’s here.
别担心我。
Don’t worry about me.
总会有一天……
There will be a time...
总会有一天我会离开。
There will be a time
when I am away.
所以你得学会
That’s why you have to learn
直面你的恐惧,
to face your fears,
不只是延续 to not just carry on
而是引领。
but to lead.
并且证明 And to demonstrate
你能做到一切,
you can do all things,
一切都在那赐我们力量的祂里面。
all things in Him who
strengthens us.
无论我在这里还是不在。
Whether I am here or not.
这是个宜居的好地方。
This is a beautiful
place to live in.
现在我们需要用孩子填满它。
Now we need to fill it
with children.
恩佐,保罗...
Enzo, Paolo...
小心点,妈妈,
不然这地方会把你吃掉。
Be careful, Mother, or this
place will eat you alive.
那你在美国待多久了?
And you’ve been in
America for how long?