2005年 科学家发现一颗遥远的行星
并认为该行星具有和地球几乎一致的气候条件
2006年 美国国家航♥空♥航♥天♥局建造了发射装置
其力量是先前任何装备的五倍
与该行星取得联♥系♥的计划正式启动
该计划被称为 灯塔计划
灯塔计划
灯塔国际计划 喜马拉雅山
今天标志着一项史无前例技术进步
Today really marks the first stage
的第一阶段
of an unprecedented technological advancement.
我们已开始寻找适居行星
We have begun to identify so-called Goldilocks planets.
这些行星和恒星之间的关系
These are planets that share a similar relationship
与太阳系相似
with their sun as we have with ours.
如果行星距离恒星太远 温度就太低
If a planet's too far away from its sun, it's too cold.
如果太近 温度又太高
If it's too close to its sun, it's too hot.
而类地行星与太阳的距离适中
But for an Earth-like planet, the distance is just right.
很有可能维持生命
Potentially perfect for sustaining life.
我们终于找到一颗这样的行星
We have finally managed to identify one planet
它与恒星的距离使其恰好可以保持水源
that is the right distance from its star to hold water
质量也正好可以维持大气层
and is the right mass to sustain an atmosphere.
每隔24小时 我们的夏威夷中心
Every 24 hours, our station in Hawaii
就会发射信♥号♥♥给陆地卫星7号♥
will transmit a signal to Landsat 7,
即我们的深轨道卫星
our deep orbiting satellite,
它将把信♥号♥♥增强并传递给我们的目标行星
which will amplify and relay the signal to our targeted planet
这颗行星被命名为 G行星
which is, rather grandly, entitled Planet G.
如果那儿有智慧生命 让它们找到地球
If there is intelligent life out there, and they come here
那就像哥伦布发现新大♥陆♥了
it's going to be like Columbus and the Indians.
只是 我们就成印第安人了
Only, we're the Indians.
女士们先生们
Ladies and gentlemen,
准备好见证这历史性的一刻吧
please prepare to bear witness to the making of history.
发射信♥号♥♥
Start transmission.
夏威夷 瓦胡岛
似乎NASA也要在
It seems as though NASA is setting up shop
我们的后院落脚了
right here in our own backyard.
今天 灯塔国际计划正式启动
Today, the Beacon International Project was launched.
瓦胡岛的卫星天线
Satellite dishes here on Oahu
正向外太空发射强力信♥号♥♥
sending out very powerful signals into deep space
外太空存在生命吗
希望能够联♥系♥到那儿的居民
with an attempt to communicate with anyone
鞍岭发射站启动
又一年了 小寿星
Another round, birthday boy.
或是任何可能收到我们信♥号♥♥的生物
or anything that might be out there listening.
敬你一杯
A toast.
生日快乐 弟弟
Happy birthday, little brother.
祝你成功 成长 幸福
I'm wishing you success and growth, and happiness.
-祝你今年硕果累累 -硕果累累
- May this be a great year for you. - Great year.
这会是很棒的一年
It's going to be a great year.
-我爱你 -我也爱你
- I love you. - I love you, too.
按照霍普家族的优良传统
So, in the great Hopper family tradition,
这次我要引用约翰·伍登教练的话
this year I'm quoting from Coach John Wooden.
约翰·伍登 美国著名棒球教练
约翰尼
Johnny.
逆境 使一个人
"Adversity is the state in which man
更容易看清自己
"most easily becomes acquainted with himself
因为此时 可以不受仰慕者的侵扰
"being especially free of admirers then."
干杯
Cheers.
我才不为这种话干杯
I'm not cheers-ing that.
这句话对你有好处
It's a very good quote for you.
我可能现在没有仰慕者
"I may be free of admirers right now
但我有的是时间
but there is still time"?
别胡闹了
Will you shut up?
蜡烛点上 举杯吧
Light your cupcake and raise your glass.
你还给我带纸杯蛋糕了
Did you get me that?
是的 我带了
Yes, I got you that.
谢谢了 你真周到
Thank you, that's very sweet.
不用客气
You're welcome.
我认识一个叫托尼的人
I got this guy, Tony.
他可以给你找一个建筑活
He said he can get you a construction job.
你只要给他个电♥话♥就成了
All you need to do is call him.
请给我来杯啤酒和墨西哥鸡肉卷
Could I get a beer and a chicken burrito, please?
对不起 厨房♥关门了
Sorry, kitchen's closed.
你不会给他打电♥话♥ 是吧
You're not going to call him, are you?
代我向托尼问好 可我不需要你
Give Tony my best, but I don't need you
也不需要托尼 帮我这种忙
or Tony's help, for that matter.
要么给他打电♥话♥ 要么就跟我加入海军
You can call him or join me in the Navy.
-不要 -好吧 算了
- No. - Great. All right.
生日快乐 吹蜡烛 许个愿吧
Happy birthday. Blow out your candle and make a wish.
别把愿望浪费在姑娘身上
Do not waste a wish on a girl.
求份工作 或者房♥子 都行
Wish for a job, an apartment.
或者新的交流发电机传动带
A new alternator belt,
这样你要去哪儿 就不用我来开车了
so I don't have to drive you everywhere.
-求个工作或者 -工作说两遍了
- A job, or... - You said "job" twice.
这是我的生日 我自己来许愿
It's my birthday and my wish.
明白吗
All right?
别把它浪费了
Please don't waste it.
你还是把这愿望浪费了 是吧
You just wasted that wish, didn't you?
-我要上了 -你不能上
- I'm going in. - You're not going in.
我看着怎么样
How do I look?
等等 我来搞定
Wait, let me just fix that.
帅呆了
Awesome!
好了白马王子 上吧
All right, princess, go get 'em.
开场不错
Great start.
怎么了
What seems to be the problem?
我想要个墨西哥鸡肉卷
I want a chicken burrito.
约翰尼 给她墨西哥鸡肉卷
Johnny, chicken burrito her.
-办不到 -给她墨西哥鸡肉卷
- It ain't happening. - Chicken burrito her.
厨房♥关门了 霍普
Kitchen's closed, Hopper.
你叫什么
What's your name?
我很饿
I'm hungry.
那可不是你的名字
That's not your name.
给我五分钟
If you give me five minutes
我就给你弄个墨西哥鸡肉卷来
I will get you your chicken burrito.
那就五分钟 开始计时
Five minutes, starting now.
任务 墨西哥鸡肉卷 去去就来
Chicken burrito time, I'm out.
墨西哥鸡肉卷 收到
Chicken burrito, roger that.
等等 请等一下
Wait! Hi!
别关门 拜托
No! Let's just...
求你了 只要转一下钥匙就好
Just one twist of the key and we will be good.
女士 您好
How are you, ma'am?
您好 我要墨西哥卷 就在那儿
How you doing? Burritos, right there.
关门了 太晚了 小伙子
It's closed. Too late. Too late, pal.
我知道
Okay.
就在那儿 帮帮忙吧
It's right there. Please?
这么晚了 吃墨西哥卷不好
It's too late to eat a burrito.
碳水化合物太多了
Too many complex carbs.
就3.99美元
$3.99...
墨西哥鸡肉卷
Chicken burrito.
到手了
I got it!
站住 不许动
Hey! Freeze!
我搞到墨西哥卷了 搞到了
I got a burrito! I got it!
不许动
Freeze!
趴下
Stay down!
他要起来了
He's getting back up!
我受够了 瞧瞧你这德性
I've had it! Look at yourself!
你怎么就能把每件事都搅得一塌糊涂
How is it that you screw everything up?
顺便说一句 你昨晚想勾搭的那姑娘
By the way, that girl you were trying to impress last night,
你知道她爹是谁吗
do you know who her father is?
夏恩上将
Admiral Shane!
整个舰队可都是他指挥的
He runs the whole damn fleet!
现在你搞砸的可是我的工作 我的生活
So, now you're messing with my job. My life!
你认识那姑娘
You know that girl?
要墨西哥卷的那姑娘
The burrito girl?
你的事情我从来都不干涉 是吧
I've always stayed out of your business, haven't I?
那是因为我一直希望 有一天
Because I was hoping that maybe one day
你能吸取教训
you would learn from your mistakes.
你会长大点 成熟点
You would grow up, you would mature a bit!