You know, I just-I'm sorry. I shouldn't have been...
动你房♥间的东西 不 不是
touching things in your room. No, it's not-
不是你的错 我不该不高兴
It's not your fault. I should not have gotten upset.
对不起
I'm sorry.
我能带你去个地方吗
Can I take you somewhere...
给你看样东西
and show... show you something?
现在吗
Right now?
是的
Yeah.
我得去帮我妈妈 求你了
I have to help my mom out, but... Please,
跟我去吧
come with me?
这个房♥间最好的座位就是这一排
The best seat in the house is this row, right here.
中间的那个
Uh, it's the one in the middle.
好
Okay.
有点不协调
[Clears Throat] Just a little out of tune.
好点了 是吧
[Melodic Quavering] That's better, huh?
我曾经有一个满足的家庭
I'd finally got to a content place in my life.
我们有个5岁的儿子 我妻子还怀着一个女孩
Our son was five, and my wife was pregnant with a girl.
没想到
And then...
他们全死了
they were killed.
酒后驾驶 一个年轻人
Drunk driver. A teenager.
我昏迷了
I was in a coma.
我每天都昏昏欲睡
And I was sleeping all the time.
我非常 愤怒
And I was so... angry.
我担心我会杀了那个年轻人 你知道吗
So afraid of what I might do to that kid. You know?
我让我兄弟拿到所有法庭的文件
So I made sure my brother got all the court documents.
驾驶员还未成年 因此我无法知道她的名字
The driver was a minor, so I never found out the name.
你在听吗
Are you still there?
他完全听不到和看不见了
He can't hear or see anything.
知道了
Okay.
谢谢 不客气
Thank you. You're welcome.
罗达
Rhoda.
你一定想知道为什么吧
You are wondering why.
不
No.
不
No.
不
No.
你知道为什么
You know why.
F-O-R-G-I-V-E(原谅)
哦 罗达
Oh, Rhoda.
我有一些或许你想知道的事
Yeah, I got some information you might want to hear.
投个三分先
Shoot a three for it. [Chuckles]
好吧 好吧 好吧 好吧 好吧 好吧 等等 等等
Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, okay. Wait. Wait.
嗯 给你点提示吧
Um, I'll give you a hint.
你想长高吗
Do you wanna get high?
和你一样
With you?
不 不
No, no.
你想去那上面吗
Do you want to get high?
他们打电♥话♥来了
They called.
号♥码在你的门上
Number's on your door.
真的吗
Seriously?
真的
Seriously.
等一下 嘿
[Chuckles] Wait. Hey.
记得给我写信 行吗
You better write back to me this time, okay?
美国太空合资企业 基思·哈定办公室
[Woman] United Space Ventures, Keith Harding's office.
你好 我是 罗达·威廉姆斯
Hello. This is, uh, Rhoda Williams.
我弟弟给我的这个号♥码
My brother gave me this number.
罗达 好的 请稍等
Rhoda, yes. Just a moment.
罗达 是的
[Harding] Rhoda? Yes.
你好 我是基思·哈定 我收到你的信了
Hi. It's Keith Harding. I got your letter.
我非常感动
I was very moved by it.
当我15岁的时候
You know, when I was 15,
我的校长对我说 他说 嗯
my headmaster said to me... he said, uh,
哈定 你以后要么进监狱 要么成为百万富翁
"Harding, you'll either go to prison or be a millionaire."
呵呵
[Chuckles] Yeah, well, I'm...
我很高兴我成为了后者
I'm grateful it was the latter.
这将是一次美好的旅行
But, uh, it's a fine line.
并且比你想像的更好
And finer than you would think.
你还想去太空吗 罗达
You still want to go to space, Rhoda?
我能
Do I...
是的
Yes.
你可以
Well, you can.
座位是你的了
The seat is yours.
凯里会和你联♥系♥谈一下细节问题
Kerry'll be in touch with you with the details.
我们很快会见面的
I'll see you soon.
在我们整个生命中 -我们感到惊讶
[Man] Within our lifetimes, we have marveled...
生物学家研究的东西越来越小
as biologists have managed to look at ever smaller and smaller things.
天文学家把时间和外太空
And astronomers have looked further and further...
看得越来越远
into the dark night sky, back in time and out in space.
但最神秘的东西可能
But maybe the most mysterious of all...
不是大和小
is neither the small nor the large.
而是上面 靠近上面
It's us, up close.
我们还认出我们自己吗
Could we even recognize ourselves?
如果能 我们怎么去认识我们自己
And if we did, would we know ourselves?
我们会对另一个我说些什么
What would we say to ourselves?
我们会从另一个我那里学到些什么
What would we learn from ourselves?
我们真正想看到的是什么
What would we really like to see...
我们是否能站在自己之外看待自己
if we could stand outside ourselves...
和别人
and look at us?
嘿
Hi.
令人惊讶啊
A nice surprise.
你穿得真漂亮
You're all dressed up.
你还记得我给你说过那篇
Do you remember that essay contest I told you about?
到地球2号♥旅行申请吗
Travel to Earth Two?
嗯哼
Uh-huh.
我成功了
I won.
我可以去太空了
[Chuckles] I'm gonna go to space.
你成功了 很好
You won. That's great.
真不可思议 值得庆祝 过来
That's fantastic. We have to celebrate. Come here.
过来 庆祝一下
Come on. We have to. [Chuckling]
过来 庆祝一下
Come here. We have to celebrate.
第一件事 首先
First things first...
喝杯酒
is to start with a drink.
我们庆祝一下
We have to celebrate.
真不敢相信
I can't believe...
多少人 多少人提交过申请
How many people... How many people wrote in?
真的是
That is...
我真为你感到高兴
I'm so happy for you.
为了你的不大可能的梦想成真
To the coming true of your most improbable dream.
恭喜
Congratulations.
下一步 宴会
Next step is a feast.
我将为你做一顿庆祝宴
I'm gonna cook you a celebration feast. Yeah.
好吗 好
Okay? Okay.
好的 食品 我们首先需要食品
Okay, uh, food. We need food first.
他们
[John] And...
知道你准备得怎么样了吗
do they know how prepared you are?
我是说万圣节前夜的琼·塔利斯服装
I mean, with the Joan Tallis costume, for Halloween?
我将在莫哈韦宇航中心进行所有的训练
[Rhoda] I will be fully trained in the Mojave Desert.
嗯 很不错
[John] Oh. Well, that's comforting.
他们让我签署这份生死状
They made me sign this waiver.
他们只是想说“如果你死了 你自己负责”
Basically every other line of it says, "If you die, it's your fault."
你看起来 看起来完全没问题
[Chuckles] And you seem... you seem totally okay with that.
你需要找一个遗嘱执行人
You know, you'll need an executor for your will.
你有吗
Do you have one?
没有 我没有任何东西
No, but I don't have anything.
好吧 任何人都有自己的东西
Okay, so nothing to no one.
听起来很简单嘛 我想我自己能处理好
Sounds pretty easy. I think I could handle that.
嗯 土埋还是火葬
Um, burial or cremation?
我想我的尸体会在返航时火葬吧
I think my body would probably burn up on reentry.
或者丢到太空
Or be lost in space, so...
OK 灰飞烟灭
Okay. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.
我们会为你开追悼会的
We'll have to hold a memorial service.
你要出席吗
Who would you like to attend?