Most people thought if you sailed far enough west,
你会认为坠机是小菜一碟
you would drop off a plane into nothing.
那些船只向未知的地方航行
These vessels sailing out into the unknown...
他们不会带上贵族 艺术家 商人
they weren't carrying noblemen or aristocrats, artists, merchants.
他们由生活在生命边缘的人组成
They were crewed by people living on the edge of life...
疯子 孤儿 前科犯 浪子
the madmen, orphans, ex-convicts, outcasts...
就像我一样
like myself.
做为一个恶棍 我不像众多事情的候选人
As a felon, I'm an unlikely candidate for most things.
但可能这件事除外
But perhaps not for this.
可能我最像
Perhaps I am the most likely.
罗达
Rhoda?
嘿 亚历克斯
Hi. Alex.
我知道你是谁
I know who you are.
你还好吗 一切都好吧
How are you? How... How is everything?
很好
It's great.
你在庆祝吗 庆祝什么
You celebrating?
是的 我刚刚进入商业学校
Yeah. I just got into business school.
波士顿
Boston.
嘿 我找不到芝麻菜 但是我找到了这个配料
Hey, I couldn't get arugula, but I found this spring mix.
也行 嗯 这是罗达 我高中同学
That's good. Uh, this is Rhoda, an old friend of mine from high school.
哦 嘿 嘿
Oh, hi. Hi.
我叫克莱尔 嘿
I'm Claire. Hi.
你在上班吗
So, are you working?
西汉文中学
[Stammers] West Haven High.
真的吗 你教什么呢
Yeah? What do you teach?
我扫地的 什么
I clean. What?
我打扫学校的卫生
I clean the school.
哦 很酷嘛 很有利于健康
Oh, that's cool. That's probably very therapeutic.
好的 很高兴能见到你
All right. Well, it was good to see you, Rhoda.
很高兴见到你
Yeah, it was nice to meet you.
很高兴见到你
Nice to meet you.
你怎么认识她的
How do you know her?
高中
High school.
有事吗
Yeah?
伯勒斯先生 嗯
Mr. Burroughs? Mm-hmm.
我
I, uh...
什么 我来
What? Came to...
是为了告诉你
I came to tell you about-
什么
What?
告诉你关于试用 免费清洁服务的
Tell you about a tri... a free trial of our cleaning service.
什么
What?
我是来自汉文的女仆
I'm from Maid In Haven.
我们有一个清洁服务
We're a cleaning service.
我们希望扩大我们的服务范围和 哦 不用 谢谢
We're looking to expand our territory and our... No, thank you.
请等一下
Wait.
你刚才说“清洁试用”
Did you say "trial cleaning"?
你刚才说“清洁试用” 是的
Did you say "trial cleaning"? Yeah...
天啊 对不起 是
God. Sorry, it's a t-
免费的 是的
Is it definitely free? Yeah.
很好 我们走吧
Fine. Let's go.
来吧
Come on.
来吧 你可以开始打扫了
Come on. You can start in here.
你说你是汉文的女仆
Did you say "Maid In Haven"?
是的 纽黑文市
Yes. Like New Haven?
是的
Yes.
那里距这里很远
You're pretty far from New Haven.
在镇上有一个比赛
There's a lot of competition in town,
所以我们提供了这个免费的
so we're offering the free trial as a...
谁赞助你们
Where are your supplies?
嗯 第一次一般是磋商
Uh, normally, the first time is a consultation.
好
Okay. [Sniffs]
你既然已经在这里了 那么你为什么不能
Well, you're already here, so why don't you just...
开始打扫呢
clean this for a start?
那边有拖把和其他的东西 行吗
Okay? There's mops and things in there.
好的
Okay.
我去那个房♥间
I'm gonna be in that room.
有什么事吗 没事
Is everything okay? Yes.
科学家说有压倒式的证据
[Man On TV] Scientists have said there is overwhelming evidence...
表明这两个地球
that the two Earths... [Fades]
好了 够了 -你该走了
All right, that's enough. [Sniffs] It's time for you to go.
嗯 等一下 这是免费试用吗
So... Wait. Is that it for the free trial?
是的 免费试用一天
Yeah, it's a one-day trial.
嗯 好的 那么 下周再见
Um, all right. So I'll see you next week.
我会让他们来 他们会派其他人来的
I'll let them know. They might send someone else.
好的 同一个时间 同一个
Okay. Same time, same...
是的 这是一个很好的时间 也是很好的一天
Yeah, this is a good time. This is a good day too.
杰夫 我想我们已经完成了漂亮的轮番敬酒
[Father] So, Jeff, I think we've got a pretty important toast in order.
你在想什么 嗯 嘿 嘿 嘿 等等 等等
What do you think, huh? Hey, hey, hey! Hold on, hold on!
我刚弄好的苹果汁 来吧 伙计们 没什么大不了的
I just got the cider. Come on, guys, it's not that big of a deal.
哦 这很大得了
Oh! [Laughing] It is a big deal.
你已经展示了你在面临逆境时不屈不挠的精神
You've shown perseverance in the face of adversity.
值得表扬 儿子
You deserve to be saluted for that, Son. [Laughing Continues]
拜托 罗达 你就不想问一下发生了什么事吗
Come on, Rho-tard. Aren't you gonna ask what happened?
怎么了
What happened?
我考上了康大 -我们为你自豪
I got into UConn. [Mother] And we are so proud of you!
听 听
Hear, hear!
干杯
Cheer.
伯勒斯先生
Mr. Burroughs?
我来是为了告诉你我在交通事故的网站上看到了你
I came to tell you that I saw you at the site of the accident.
我为你以及你家人的不幸感到抱歉
And I'm sorry for what happened to you and your family.
是我的错
It was my fault.
伯勒斯先生
[Whispers] Mr. Burroughs.
嗯 很好 伯勒斯先生
Oh. Good. Mr. Burroughs.
我 快进来吧
I... Come on in.
你可以接着上次的做
You can start where you finished.
我可以和你聊聊天吗
I was wondering if I could talk with you about something.
现在不行 等一会儿
Not now. A little bit later.
搞定了
I'm finished.
支票在厨房♥的桌上
Check's on the kitchen table.
我们不是真实的 我们不是真实的
We're not real. W-We're not real.
我们只是地球2号♥幻想的投影
We're a projection of the imagination of Earth Two.
嗯
Hmm.
这是地球1号♥美国地外文明探索计划
[Woman On TV] This is Dr. Joan Tallis of SETI,
的琼·塔利斯博士
the United States, planet Earth.
你们听得到吗
Do you read me?
这是地球1号♥美国地外文明探索计划
This is Dr. Joan Tallis of SETI,
的琼·塔利斯博士
the United States, planet Earth.
你们听得到吗
Do you read me?
外面有人吗
Is anyone out there?
我们换个频道
Let's try another channel. [Switch Clicks]
我重复
I repeat...
这是地球1号♥美国地外文明探索计划
this is Dr. Joan Tallis of SETI,
的琼·塔利斯博士
the United States, planet Earth.
我们
[Voice, Distorted] We... you.
我们听到了
[Voice, Distorted] We read you.
很清楚
[Voice] ...clear...
收到
Copy.
验证
Verified?
这是琼·塔利斯博士
This is Dr. Joan Tallis of SETI.
那里有人吗
Is someone there?
能听到吗
Do you read me?
这是T-塔利斯博士
[Tallis's Voice, Distorted] This is Dr. Joan T-Tallis.
我们收到回复了
We're getting feedback.
你好
[Tallis's Voice] Hello?
你好
Hello?
我的名字啊琼·塔利斯
My name is Joan Tallis.
不可能 我才是美国地外文明探索计划的老大
Whoa! No way! I am the director of SETI.
杜德 来自加州山景城
Dude! In Mountain View, California.
你们什么时候出生的
When were you born?
1954年5月7日
[Tallis's Voice] May 7, 1954.
你们什么时候出生的