我小时候看到过这张照片
I saw this image when I was a kid.
美国宇航局拍摄的照片
The photograph of Jupiter taken by NASA's Voyager.
真美
Beautiful,
但如果不连续观看并没有什么特别之处
but nothing special until shown in rapid succession.
突然 木星活了
Suddenly Jupiter was alive,
开始呼吸
breathing.
我被迷住了
I was hypnotized.
我获得麻省理工学院录取通知书的时候才17岁
I was 17 when I got my acceptance letter to MIT.
1 2 3 MIT -OK. 等一下
[Man] One, two, three, MIT! [Woman] Okay. Wait-
我感觉一切皆有可能
I felt like anything was possible.
我不吃犬儒主义的苹果
I don't want to eat the apple of cynicism.
我就是那样
And it was.
福斯探照灯公♥司♥ 出品
迈克·卡希尔 导演作品
威廉·麦鲍瑟
布里特·马灵
另 一 个 地 球
♪ Flava Flava ♪
♪ Flava Flava ♪
哟 怎么了 宝贝 -这是你的口味 F-L-A-V-A.
[Man On Radio] Yo, what's up, baby? It's your boy Flava... F-L-A-V-A.
你是有张大嘴的花♥花♥公♥子♥ 哟
That's your dude with the big mouth! Yo!
我不知道你听说过这条新闻没有 但是科学家说
I don't know if you heard the news, but the scientists say...
他们刚刚发现了另一个和我们很相近的星球
they just discovered another planet super close to us...
拥有支持生命的条件
with the conditions that could support life?
真的吗 我们现在可以在夜空上看见它
Really? Well, now it's visible up in the night sky.
他们说如果你向北极星的东边看 你会看到它
They say if you look just east of the North Star, you'll see it.
是一个小蓝点
It's a little blue spot.
我希望所有的情侣在这个小蓝色星星上
I want all you lovers out there to make a wish...
许个愿
on a tiny blue star...
就像我现在一样
as I play this hot joint for you right now.
那是你的口味
It's your boy Flava! [Hip-hop]
很简单嘛
[Man] That's easy.
什么和“honey”读音相近
[Woman] What rhymes with..."honey"?
他像 如吧 换一个
[Man] He's like, "All right, enough with it!"
换一种动物吧
What rhymes... Let's do some animals.
你想给他一些动物 -是的
You wanna give him some animals? [Woman] Yeah.
什么和“Lion”读音相近
[Man] What rhymes with... [Woman] "Lion"?
哦 天啊
[Man] Oh, my gosh.
Pion -美洲狮
[Boy] "Pion." [Man Laughs] A pion.
喜马拉雅山脉的小美洲狮
A small puma of the high Himalayas. [Laughs]
你能说出这个人的名字吗
[Woman] Did we figure out what this guy's name is?
鲍伯 机器人
Bob. Bob the robot.
他好像喜欢机器人
He looks to me like a Bob.
继续
[Boy] Go ahead.
感受她
[Woman] Feel her.
放心吧 她在那里
She's in there, all right. [Laughs]
希望如此
I hope so. [Laughs]
什么和
[Kissing] [Boy] What rhymes with...
“light”读音相近
"light"?
“Light" -嗯 不错
[Man] "Light"? [Woman] Oh, that's a good one.
从它的外观上看 这个 嗯 行星
[Man On TV] And by all appearances, the, uh, planet...
从大♥陆♥到海洋结构上
seems to be a mirror to our own,
就像我们地球的山寨版
from the continental structures to the oceans.
它们的城市都和我们一样
Even their cities are our cities.
它离我们的距离呢
And where are we in terms of communication?
那正是我想知道的
[Woman] That's exactly my point.
如果这个行星上也有
If this planet is sustaining intelligent life...
和我们一样的生命的话
of comparable levels to our own...
那将非常有意义
That's a very significant point.
到目前为止 除了杂乱的无线电♥信♥♥号♥♥外 我们对它一无所知
So far we have nothing. We have a jumble of radio signals,
它最强大的是军事雷达
the strongest of which are military radars.
但那些仅有的无线电♥信♥♥号♥♥我们也无法破解
But even those radio signals are not something we can parse out and understand.
我们不能 -甚至不知道它是否真的存在
We don't even know it really exists.
它可能是宇宙的镜子之类的
It could be some cosmic mirror of sorts.
你曾经写过很多
You've written extensively about that...
它与地球如此想像的说明
as the most likely explanation for why it's identical to our own planet.
这个行星的确存在
This planet exists.
它有质量 并且有一条明确的轨道
It has mass and it has a clearly detectable orbit.
甚至还有无线电♥信♥♥号♥♥
It's even having radio signals.
你在那里面有没有死党
So did you have a crew on the inside?
你有刺青吗
Do you have any tattoos?
杰弗里 -我只是问问
[Mother] Jeffrey! I'm just asking.
你听说过那个人有一场要去另一个地球的比赛吗
You hear about that guy who's having the contest to go to the other Earth?
我觉得他很蠢
[Laughing] I mean, it's so stupid.
他们会被黑洞吸走并葬身在那里
They're gonna get sucked into a black star and die.
呃
Hmm.
回家感觉还好吧
Is it good to be home?
不错
Yeah.
如果你需要什么
You know, if you need anything...
哦 毛巾
Oh. Towels.
晚安
Night.
晚安 妈妈
Good night, Mom.
3 2 1
3, 2, 1
助推器点火 发射
Booster ignition, and liftoff.
这是一次空前的旅行
This will be a trip like no other.
我们将提供独特的、改变人生体验的旅行
We will give those that travel with us a unique and life-changing experience.
去地球2号♥的旅行 现在开始订票
Travel to Earth Two. Now booking.
我想我可以用我的双手做些事情
I was thinking I would like to do something with my hands.
可能 可能在户外 也可能不行
You know, maybe... maybe outdoors, maybe not.
拜托 你肯定可以做些事情的
Come on. I mean, you could do something with your hands,
但是你有如此伟大的思想
but you have such a great mind.
我不想周围有太多人 我也不喜欢和人聊天
I don't wanna really be around too many people or do too much talking.
行嘛
[Typing] All right.
嗯 在西汉文中学有一个维护工作
Well, there's a maintenance position open at West Haven High School.
你只需想像一下你在睡觉 然后醒来
[Man] Just imagine that you're asleep and then you wake.
你不敢确定你自己在何处
You're not sure where you are.
你更不确定你周围是否还有其他人
You're not sure if anyone else is around.
那么你做的第一件事是什么
What would you probably do first?
你可能会先看一下周围 然后问 有人吗
You likely would look around and say, "Hello?
有人吗
Hello?"
你是想知道 只有我一个人吗
You're attempting to find, "Am I alone?"
我们应该知道这里是地球
We here on Earth would like to know.
我和罗伯昨晚大干了一场蠢架
Me and Rob got into this huge, stupid fight last night.
真的 为什么
Really? About what?
不知道 -我们一出去 就开始打
I don't know. We were hanging out, and he just started fighting...
嘿 -哦 嘿
Hey. Oh, hi.
你们在干嘛 翘化学课
What are you guys doing? Um, skipping Chemistry.
真的 -是的
Really? Yeah.
猜谁刚给我发的短♥信♥
Guess who just texted me.
谁 凯尔
Who? Kyle.
他要来接我们吗
Is he gonna pick us up?
哟 冬至到了
[Flava] Yo! It's the winter solstice.
是的 一年中最短的一天
That's right. The shortest day of the year,
同时也说明今晚是一年中最长的一夜
which means it will also be the longest night of the year.
那么好好利用它吧 你知道我的意思(嘿♥咻♥嘿♥咻♥)
So take advantage. You know what I'm talking about.
同时 今天也是发现地球2号♥四周年纪念日 几年前发现了地球2号♥
Also, today marks the anniversary of the discovery of Earth Two a few years back.
你还记得那天晚上你在做什么吗
Can you remember what you were doing that night?
我想我记得
I know I remember.
我在桥港市见到了这个女孩
I met this girl from Bridgeport...
找到了我的口味
that had a thing for the Flava!
是的 宝贝儿 你知道我们怎么做的
That's right, baby. You know how we do.
宝贝 如果你还在外面 大声叫出来吧
Baby, if you're still out there, boo, holler at your boy.
Flava, F-L-A-V-A. Yeah.
Flava, F-L-A-V-A. Yeah.
我不仅有一张血盆大口 我还有一个 啊
Not only do I got a big mouth, I got a... Uh.
你有我的号♥码 记得打给我
You know my number. Call me. Mmm.
地球2号♥旅行人身保险公♥司♥
[Woman On Radio] ...company that's underwriting civilian travel to Earth Two.
基思 承担所有风险
Keith, with all the risks...
和所有未知事件 你为什么要这么做
and all the unknowns, why are you doing this?
我不觉得政♥府♥会下令勘探
[Keith On Radio] I don't think governments should dictate exploration.
我也不觉得我们要禁止平民
And I don't think we should automatically ban average citizens...
成为看到这个新世界的第一人
from being the first to see this new world.
我们早期的探险家曾向西穿过大西洋
[Narrating] When early explorers first set out west across the Atlantic,
很多人认为地是方的
most people thought the world was flat.
很多人认为你是否航行得足够向西