When were you born?
1954年5月7日
May 7, 1954.
纽约欢喜山
Mount Pleasant, New York.
罗宾逊希望医院
[Tallis's Voice] Robinson Hope Hospital.
我小时候去卡那佛角旅游过
I took a trip to Cape Canaveral when I was a kid.
你呢
Did you?
是的 那时我11岁
[Tallis's Voice] Yes. I was 11.
你在礼品店买♥♥过什么
What did you buy at the gift store?
太空食品
Space food.
我认为我会到太空去
I thought I would be going to space.
我买♥♥过那些 太空草莓
I bought these... astro strawberries.
什么 -哦 拜托
[Mother] What? -[Father] Oh, come on.
不可能 小样儿 不可能 -那是 那是什么意思
No way, dude! No way! -What does that-What does that mean?
那是 那是 你听 什么意思 我搞不懂
It's... It's... Listen. What does that mean? I don't understand what that means.
金柏莉 这只是一个精心制♥作♥的骗局
Kimberly, it's just an elaborate hoax.
我们需要解释 -我们所有人都要死了
There's gotta be an explanation. [Jeff] We're all gonna die.
等等 等等 -我们所有人都要死了
[Kimberly] Wait, wait! We are all gonna die.
很难想像“我们在那边”
[Man] It would be very hard to think "I am over there"...
以及“我们会遇见我们自己吗”
and "Can I go meet me?"...
以及“那个我比这个我更好吗”
and "Is that me better than this me?"
“我可以从另一个我那里学习一些东西吗”
"Can I learn from the other me?"
“另一个我是否也犯过我所犯的错误”
"Has the other me made the same mistakes I've made?"
或者“我能否和我坐下来开个会”
Or, "Can I sit down and have a conversation with me?"
那样会很有趣吗
Wouldn't that be an interesting thing?
现实就是 我们每天都在那样想
The truth is, we do that all day long every day.
人们不允许也不去想太多关于这个的问题 但是他们的确在想
People don't admit it and they don't think about it too much, but they do.
每天他们在头脑里和自己聊天
Every day, they're talking in their own head.
“他现在在做什么” “他为什么那样做”
"What's he doing?" "Why'd he do that?"
“她想过什么” “我说过的话对吗”
"What did she think?" "Did I say the right thing?"
这种情况下 另一个你的确存在
In this case, there's another you out there.
想看看吗
Wanna take a look?
天啊
[Whispers] My God.
耶
Yeah. [Exhales]
哇
[Rhoda] Wow.
你在那上面 我在那上面
[John] You're up there and I'm up there.
太多了
It's just too much.
我想我该打扫房♥间了
I wonder if I'm cleaning your house.
哈
Ha!
行啊
Maybe. [Knock On Door]
总共29块 -谢谢
[Man] Total's 29. -[John] Thank you.
能递给我一张纸巾吗
[Clears Throat] Can you hand me a paper towel?
谢谢
Thanks.
一起玩吧
If you wanna join me...
第一回合
[TV: Chime] [Man] Round one.
进来吧
You can come in.
K.O.
[Grunts] Knockout.
想玩吗
[Chime] You wanna play?
我不会
I don't know how.
很简单
It's easy.
很简单 你是打手 我确定
It's easy. You're a fighter, I'm sure.
手柄在
The controller's up on the...
右手拿住大的那个
Hold the big one in your right hand.
打拳击你没事吧 没事 没事
You okay playing boxing? Yeah, yeah.
那行
Okay.
双手抬起来阻攻
To block shots, you put your hands up.
打脸
Face.
你可以倾斜等等
And you... You know, you lean and stuff.
出击 只要出击就行了 就是这样
And then for swinging, you just swing. That's it.
好吧
All right?
第一回合 开始
Round one. Fight.
你该回击
You gotta fight back.
别忘了你的上勾拳
[Blows Continue] Don't forget your uppercut.
1 2 我的人 哦 躺地上了
One! Two! My guy's, uh, on the ground.
就是这样
That's it.
K.O. 天啊
Knockout! [Laughs] God.
我怎么钩住我的 你出击 你出击 没事的
How do I hook my... You gotta swing. You gotta swing. It's okay.
很简单
[Grunts] Easy.
很好 试着从这里穿过去
Yeah. Try and break through this.
OK 那个 我给你
Okay. That one... I gave you.
K.O.
Knockout! [Crowd Cheering]
选手1获胜 OK
Player one wins! Okay.
好的
[Breathing Heavily] Well...
就选这个 还是再换个角色
That it, or you got another one in you?
我以为你要换
I thought so.
我没看到你的车
I didn't see your car.
我搭麦德龙来的
I take Metro-North.
送你一程
I'll give you a lift.
不用了 没事
No, that's all right.
不 等车太冷了
No, it's too cold to wait for the train. [Chuckles]
我不怕冷
I don't mind the cold.
真的 没什么
Really, it's okay.
那好吧
Okay.
典型的行星
[Man On Radio] It's typical for planets...
像水星 金星 火星 和木星
like Mercury, Venus, Mars and Jupiter...
在它们的轨道中都有一个周期
to have a period during their orbit...
太阳使他们变得模糊
in which they are obscured by the sun...
从地球上看起来不明显
and no long observable from Earth.
被称为“上合”
It's called superior conjunction.
如果它们在太阳后面保持一定距离
If they remain behind the sun...
你是从纽黑文来的吗
So, are you from New Haven?
是的
Yeah.
家人都在那里吗 嗯
Still have family there? Mm-hmm.
你喜欢在汉文当女仆吗
You like working at Maid in Haven?
没什么
It's all right.
干多久了
Yeah. Have you been doing it long?
几个月
Couple months.
你听过琼·塔金斯的广播吗 听过
You see that Joan Tallis broadcast? Yeah.
真疯狂 我一直在想
It's crazy. I can't stop thinking about it.
另一个我在上面的某个地方
Another me up there somewhere.
如果你见到你自己 你会说什么
If you met yourself, what would you say?
嘿 你来打电子游戏吗
"Hey, you up for a video game?"
可能会打我
Probably beat me. [Chuckles]
你会怎么说
What would you say?
下次走运点
"Better luck next time."
真的 不 不
Really? No, no. [Chuckles]
不是 我的意思是
No, I mean...
我确定我会语塞
I'm sure I'd be speechless.
在上面的拐角处就行了 就是这儿 到时你就可以
Up at the corner here is good. Right here, and then you can just-
不 我送你到你家 这是吗
No, I'll take you to your house. Is this it?
是的 OK 右拐
Yeah, okay. Right. Turn.
好的 就在货车后面
Yeah, just to the side behind the van. Okay.
那么 下周见 好
All right. So I'll see you next week. Yeah.
谢谢你送我 没事
Thanks for the lift. Sure.
哦 嗯 不好意思
Oh, um, you know...
对不起 我的记性不好 我忘记你的名字了
I'm sorry. My memory's not what it used to be. I forgot your name.
我不觉得我告诉过你
I don't think I ever told you.
真的
Really?
那恕我冒昧 你叫
That's not very polite of me. So, it's...
罗达
Rhoda.
罗达 记住了
Rhoda. All right.
晚安 罗达 下周见
Good night, Rhoda. I'll see you next week.
晚安
Good night.
听我说
Listen to me.
清除一切杂念
Keep your mind clear.
就是这样
And that's it.
你会有一个平静的思想
You will have peace of mind.
亲爱的 别担心
My dear, don't worry.
学会调整自己
Learn to adjust yourself.
距离不是无限大
[Man] The distance is not inordinately great.
但你需要挑战
But one of the challenges you have...
星际旅行